Witching Hour: Midnight Masquerade - Buffed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

I love the challenge, This is how it should be, after all we're fighting Klarion the Witch Boy, a powerful user of the Mystic Arts.;)
  2. VariableFire Loyal Player

I think part of it is Klarion doesn't always use the same attacks. This just reminds me of previous years where one variation of Klarion was much harder than the others.

The other part of it is that artifacts, augments, allies, and/or mainframe boosts drastically change the damage profile your team can put out, even with the event-clamp, especially the last phase. Hence, some groups are burning him before he can burn back.
    • Like x 1
  3. Slade New Player

I've noticed this also. It's buggy. Some runs are just a slow play mechanics get it done and some runs it feels like your getting trucked. He just pops you with each hit and the aoe chain stuns you.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Seems to be fine to me.
  5. MiLady Well-Known Player

I have noticed that some runs, Klarion does more damage that other runs. Sometimes each player only takes a few K in damage. But in other runs, 1 or 2 players take a lot more, like 10k-19k damage... Thats upto 4X a player's total health. A supply drop and sodar can only heal so much. And if the heal barrels were destroyed, it will be a KO.

The Ghosts seems to be programmed to head to the outer wings of the room to keep Klarion's defense buff up and make it harder to clear them with the device.

There is also an issue that if a ghost is stunned/knocked down, you cant use the device on them until the stun is done.
    • Like x 1
  6. VariableFire Loyal Player

Finally someone else noticed that. I always cringe when a troll comes in cause they always think they're helping by stunning all the ghosts. And they never believe me when I tell them why the ghosts build up.
    • Like x 2
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

When I run Controller, I grab the device and think of it as my responsibility to control the masked apparitions. I'll drop it every 15-20 seconds to reapply my power over time, which usually coincides with it becoming full anyway.