Witching Hour: Midnight Masquerade - Buffed?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SethZoulMonEl, Oct 20, 2021.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Just had a group member get one-shot at the beginning, and my health was getting shaved off 20% at a time with the masked apparitions right when they first appeared (I know they can do this if they multiply quickly). I have not seen that much damage done to me or the group in the past in either circumstance. I was wondering if this was maybe some strangeness that sometimes happens, or are others seeing this today too?
    • Like x 1
  2. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I ran it like 15 times today, I didn't notice any difference. And in all those runs there was only 2 deaths from the randoms I joined.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If there was a tank in there you lose your defense buff.
    • Like x 3
  4. JailhouseBat Active Player

Dont tell anybody but Klarion dropped me the other day.
    • Like x 1
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

4 DPS run. I've done that before several times without seeing anything close to this.
  6. Irvynnge Loyal Player

no, it's definitely different this year. I don't know if it's because it's been buffed, but I've certainly seen a lot more people going down this year than ever before.
    • Like x 8
  7. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Klaron puts out an AOE and if you have your effects down or not looking for it, it will shave some health pretty quick. If you are in a 4 DPS run and doing alot of damage, he will target the one doing the most with that particular attack, there is another attack he does as well that is pretty potent. The quicker the crystals are taken care of the better as the damage will elevate between the last set of crystals and the one to cuff him.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Yep, I've been killed more than once while carrying the ghost catcher. Was full health and suddenly dead. Didn't even have a chance to drop the damn thing and drink a soda.
    • Like x 3
  9. JailhouseBat Active Player

I'm pretty sure you can drink a cola without dropping the ghost catcher.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

There is no roleless buff this year.
    • Like x 4
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have noticed that something seems to be hitting harder in there on occasion. Not sure if it's the group makeup (like IF a tank were there, or healer who is not healing), or a change, but yeah....once the adds come up in the 3rd wave, using the magical magnet seems to be the only way someone is not dying, where it was possible to plow through the adds in the past. I know normally in the past if 1 or 2 people went down, I could basically solo the run no matter which toon I was running on, this year not so much on most of them.

Most groups however do seem to be using the magnet...maybe they learned a lesson from a earlier run that week? I don't remember most groups using it last year.
    • Like x 3
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Huh? They removed the roleless buff from a holiday event? Not sure I believe this. These forums would be full if that were the case.
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Mechanics.
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can confirm. Been meaning to say something but I’ve been busy and it’s not TOO bad for this one because the room is relatively small, so there’s usually a healing barrel in the vicinity. It probably got removed accidentally because of Episode 41 messing around with it. Hope they do something about it before we get to Anniversary and Valentines because those will be hell without roleless buff.
    • Like x 2
  15. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Hellfire cone attack and similar attacks. They do 5-600 in damage per hit and many times over. So fffffing annoying!!! The only time I die is that stupid as(donkey)s cheap shot shi(poop)t.
    • Like x 1
  16. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The scaling work that was done in ep41 probably affected things like the roleless buff and healing barrel. They do seem to work, but not enough for enemy numbers.
    • Like x 1
  17. TeflontheIcon Well-Known Player

Streamed this the other day. It can't be denied that on some runs the damage is fast and unexpected... Mechs, tanks or not. Saw this in FRr as well on two out of 100 runs. Also not getting invisible damage buff or purp/gold ribbon most runs.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hmm. Weird. I haven't noticed any changes. We always just blow through it without using the catcher.
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

It is Klarion. He has a big beam attack and he also drops an AOE on the field that both chunk away your health. I've died once on an alt and almost died many times.

Most likely something went off with the clamp with this. It's not a big issue, as they do still have the open door part to this and we have the block to heal. It just could make this longer of an instance if players are constantly dying due to being new.
    • Like x 2
  20. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

IDK, I've ran the event over 100 times this year, it does not seem any different to me.. Most of the runs are very smooth, I always get the objectives done asap and the mission usually gets done in like 2-4 minutes.

But I guess it could be that I just go into auto mode for seasonals as I know I will be running them a lot, so I just get it all done, switch toons and do it again. :D
    • Like x 1