[Request] to recast a hard light "Triage" power

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know what hard light players think of this power which is called "Triage", but it's definitely one of the powers that I think I've never played on hard light, even in pvp.

In my opinion, this last one should be totally reviewed, should it be left in this healing orientation or completely something else there, I'm not sure yet, my dps side would ask for a DPS power, but there you go, that's my dps player side talking ^^

What do you think? and what would you see instead?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Every power has abilities that aren’t good. Not every ability has to be a high damage ability. Not every ability has to be a must have. Before asking to rework an ability. What do you think HL is missing? Why does it justify reworking an ability?
    • Like x 2
  3. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I've used triage on pugs and soloing. It's not a great heal of course due to not really getting a good restoration stat as a dps/troll but it's far from terrible.
    • Like x 2
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I don't think Triage is terrible, maybe it's healing would be better if the character is in their Controller role. If anything, I would prefer the Light Barrier shield have a boost in strength or reduce Hard Light Shield's (the iconic power) cooldown.
    • Like x 2
  5. Faded Killa Level 30

Omg this would be great! Our HL shield is horrible compared to the iconic! And i use Triage in solo's and duo's but not to save my life or anything. I use it to clip iconic HL shield cause the animation is quicker and i get a slight heal in the shield to sustain me till soda or supply drop cool down.
    • Like x 2
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Exactly how I use Triage. Probably how a lot of Lanterns use Triage, if they use Triage.
  7. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

think it would be more interesting to have a spell that allows a big spike of regen mana in role dps, besides I find it a real shame that we don't have any animated spell, calling our lantern, it's still "a recharge battery" !!!
    • Like x 1
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

The weak Shield is kinda the same thing, because the shields Green Lanterns are suppose to have is based on their willpower and concentration. So if it was similar to how it was in the comics, the Lanterns should have one of the strongest shields in the game, maybe akin to Ice shields.
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They can’t add anything that give power. Especially not in dps role. And if they did add an ability with the animation calling a lantern than people would hate it. This is a somewhat fast passes game. Nobody would want to use an ability with such a long animation.

Abilities can’t be change just because some people “don’t like it”. I personally have used triage. In fact when my HL toon first got to 322 I used triage to solo the elite duo of flashpoint. I did so because everyone kept leaving when they saw a 322. So it has its uses. So I personally think it should stay. And it would be a nerf if they changed the animation to that long animation you want.
    • Like x 1
  10. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Always thought it was sad that our shield is weaker than the iconic one. We're the lantern class, we should have the stronger shield and not be forced to buy the iconic power.... course 2 shields can be useful but loadouts are so limited. We don't get an extra bar like gadgets/mental/nature does.
    • Like x 2
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I actually think HL is the most versatile power in the game. For ST you can get away with just using handclap and grasping hand if you choose. Robot sidekick and a sc makes 4 slots. So you can use 2 shields in a pure ST loadout. For AoE you can do IcC over and over and do great AoE. Thou it’s very power hungry lol. Sidekick and a SC means 3 slots lol. So 2 shields and triage lol.

Or you can have 1 loadout for everything with the above moves and still have 1 slot open for a shield. Or 2 supercharges for Gemini groups. I personally like using recharge to clip my ally, and long animations like the orbital strike.
    • Like x 1
  12. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I find the Light Barrier shield so weak that I think it is a waste of a slot and I would rather put the Group Shielding Supercharge or Triage in place of it (depending on the situation).
    • Like x 1
  13. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

The ability is based off of lantern lore in the comics where some lanterns could heal their wounds through will. Its an interesting niche since none of the other controller powers have a healing ability (aside from supers) that I'm aware of. It also uses dominance as the primary healing stat instead of restoration.

It is a niche type power and the heal isn't great. In most PvE situations a DPS isn't going to use this in their rotation and won't spec to get a very good heal from it. For Controllers they also wouldn't likely use it. It can be used in solo's/duo's a little bit but honestly the super is bettor suited for those.

I have used it quite a bit in PvP but I can't say that it makes or breaks anything. It does seem more effective and useful for any size group arena.

I'd prefer it not be removed at this point since someone(s) out there are going to freak out because they love this ability. I would like to see another shield with an aggro drop added to the power set. If this came at the cost of Triage I'd be okay with that. Especially since it would be a simpler way of balancing the controller power sets. If an aggro drop were added I'd like to see Light Barriers cooldown reduced to match neural neutralizer since both shield operate with a similar functionality. That would put them in line with other power sets.

Overall I would rather have a new shield/aggro drop ability added without removing the ability (since the number of powers is trivial now that we unlock through leveling).

On a side note I would love to see ram, impact, or chompers become a defense debuff instead of whipthrash so that we could have an option that isn't lunging us at the enemy or vulnerable to counter. each would still hit around the same amount of targets. I'd prefer ram but that's just me. Also I'd like to see impact, ram, light blast, and lunging swing explode encasements so that entrap would be more usable as a controller. Even if it didn't add extra damage and just removed the encasement with a stun (though I'd take some extra damage for it). It would cost extra power and function similar to how gadgets and mental work with their encasements.