Monetize and rehaul PvP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Another thread about fixing PvP after the devs have said countless times its NOT happening.
    I will grab my popcorn and a mug to catch the tears even tho its common knowledge that PvP is not gonna get looked at lol.
    Cry away kiddies, cry away……..
    • Like x 1
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Weirdo
  3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol possibly, i just know where this thread will end up. So i got my popcorn to watch lol.
    I dont want splashed with the tears thus the mug to catch them (which is sort of an inside joke, so i dont expect anyone really to get the reference).
  4. Dev72 Dedicated Player

They have been unsuccessful at every turn to not have PvE and PvP get out of the way of each other.

If you want it fixed, I would suggest dropping it in a exclusive server (not talking about the open world PvP server that we have now), remove or at the very least minimize power usage, meaning that counters and tactical actions determine the outcome of the match, in lieu of a power spam fest.

If they were to monetize it, then fine....do so, but let's not pretend what is being suggested here regarding exclusive rewards with gear and progression behind a monthly battle pass beyond the normal subscription is not pay to win; which has not been a fan favorite on any game....including this one.

However, if they were to create a exclusive PvP server and include a battle pass for that particular server much like the normal subscription currently in place that is similar to legendary access, then sure. Call it DCUO Combat or something similar.
  5. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Considering the Devs have said on multiple occasions spanning back the last 4 years or so that they have no plans on doing anything with PvP in the near future, this thread will probably be moved to where it belongs, with suggestions duly noted.
    • Like x 1
  6. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

I don't think they should move the thread. They need to face it that ignoring PvP for 6 years is not ok.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Regardless of how other people feel, I support this thread, it is something that's wrong with the game that should be addressed, whether it's asked a hundred times,I am glad to threads about pvp.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lucerne Active Player

1. Give Source marks for PVP
    2. Make bonus weeks for PVP and weekly quests.
    3. Make the PVP stat irrelevant by giving everyone a high PVP stat value.

Boom, done, devs didn't even need to put effort in, feat farmers and source mark farmers will do the rest for repopulating it.
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Until speed hacking and cheese is entirely removed from the game, PvP will remain largely unpopulated regardless of perks added.

If I were a fix PvP advocate, removing those issues would be my rally cry instead of "fix PvP or else."

With reference to cheese, I believe players have forgotten or are unaware of how adjusting power sets to accompany the PvP crowd had a negative effect of those same powers in PvE instances and vice versa, which is one of the many reasons why the Devs have moved away from doing anything with it. Which is also why I suggested separating the two into different servers.
  10. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Speed hacking is in PvE too.......
    • Like x 1
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Apparently it is ok tho…… by your own admission its been ok for 6 years an counting lol
  12. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Speed hacking and cheesing game mechanics in PvE doesn't hold the same ramifications as it does in PvP.
    • Like x 1
  13. Proxystar #Perception

What ramifications does it hold in PvP? I'd actually suggest the ramifications in PvP are far less than PvE...

In a PvP match you can just leave if someone is doing it, you don't have to sit there and even participate and it's absolutely no skin off your nose to do so.

In PvE however the people doing it are doing for reasons that detrimentally impact the in game economy, they do it in ways that undermine the importance and significance of events like survival mode, seemingly at times without a lot of risk of consequence.

And you think it doesn't hold the same ramifications? No you're right it holds more in PvE ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Just give up . I been gave up trying to ask for fixes. If you want pvp you’re going to have find a new game. They made it clear over the last 5-6 years that they’re not doing anything for in the “near future”. PvP in this game around 2011-13 were extremely fun, but those days are long gone and never coming back. I’m more surprised they didn’t just give everyone the feats and call it a day. I doubt you’d even get a 8v8 queue anymore without getting 2 groups for it.
  15. OnlyNomad The One Above All

It's arguable considering how many PvP feats they are and how speed hacking can hinder one's ability to acquire them. Yes you can leave the match but PvP has become quite infested with those players as of late, increasing your chances of playing against one.

The game's economy was always negatively impacted by various other situations, most of them having a seriously bigger impact than speed hacking.

Again by your logic, players in PvE could just vote to boot or remove a speed hacker and continue their task but we both know that's not happening and why it's not happening.
  16. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

If players are wanting an easy win for rewards, then why would they want to vote the speed hacker out, as a player who just want to play the content fairly, you're either stuck with two options if the group enjoys that type of atmosphere, either leave or stay and collect, with pvp players can easily leave and re que up again, I barely run into these speed hackers , only a few times here and there. So I wouldn't bring up speed hacking as a argument for not taking pvp serious enough to fix since it affects both pvp and pve.
  17. Dev72 Dedicated Player

18. Dev72 Dedicated Player

That goes without saying....especially considering I said it was in game (First sentence) which covers both PvE and PvP.
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

That near future has passed a long time ago since it's been said back in 2015/16
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

You used it as the main reason why pvp can't be taken serious which is false.