Monetize and rehaul PvP

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KodyDerp, Sep 28, 2021.

1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Monetize with battlepass.
    Rehaul based on community polling.

Or else the entirety of the DC Universe will feel my wrath and all developers will be forced to wear argyle socks and batman tighty whites to work, and will be paid half a yellow exobit per hour.
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Are you proposing a battle pass ticket that is purchased or something else?
    • Like x 2
  3. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Please fix PvP.
    • Like x 3
  4. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

How about stop moving threads to PvP section and actually respond with a proper response about PvP?

It's been too long. STOP IGNORING PVP.
  5. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Are you suggesting they add a paid battle pass on top of the subscription people already pay for?
    • Like x 2
  6. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

A battlepass similar to the battlepasses in other games. Can be monthly to maximize monetization. 30 days, 50-60 levels. Requires open world, legends, and arenas challenges to be completes in order to level up. Could utilize the age old useless open world events this way as well. Provide unique rewards only available via battlepass. Mostly cosmetic, nothing overpowered or pay to win unless its minor rewards like crafting mats or some ****. Battle pass must be purchased to receive the rewards and major rewards should be exclusive to that specific battlepass.
    • Like x 1
  7. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Are you implying someone's holding a gun to your head to pay for this said subscription??
  8. Proxystar #Perception

exclusive subscription lol, count me in :D
  9. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Yeah for example, season 1 battlepass includes some cosmetic "cool looking" aura at level 60, that aura would only be available during that battlepass.
    Could also add new unlockable titles
    • Like x 1
  10. the solowing Steadfast Player

Look up Josh Hayes and his videos on PvP games
    • Like x 1
  11. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Easy there. Just asking. Lifetime so they're technically paying me at this point. Just wondering what you had in mind.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

They did try to monetize PVP in the past.

It was clear that most PVP players want to play for FREE without spending a single red cent.

Why do you think they gave up on PVP as time went buy??

Do you really think PVP players would even buy a battlepass??
    • Like x 4
  13. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

lol
  14. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

No
  15. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've got to remember to not begin a post/reply during the back half of the time from when last I urinated. Like pug'n group content. Use the bathroom then, click ready.
    ...why is the cat jumping onto the toilet tank while i urinate? can someone explain that cat behavior? [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  16. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Exclusive rewards behind an exclusive subscription? Great idea, count me in. Only if they use the revenue from that "Battlepass" to fund the PvP side of the game.
  17. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

I don't think they need to do a battle pass. Exclusive PvP Time Capsules, a new mode and gear/styes would be enough to refresh interest in PvP.
  18. BumblingB I got better.

So... You are okay with them making it in a way to sell it to players? Hmmm, I don't see it working out any way but being pay to win, but who knows, maybe they can pull it off. (Track record says no.)

But if they did a battle pass system, it would be something I wont put money into and it can further push me away from wanting to PvP.
    • Like x 4
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

Then stay oblivious to why its not a good idea..At least not currently with DCUO.

I want PVP back, just as much as you do, but lets ask why cant they fix it right now? [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. NotMeMaybe Active Player

"All devs left the chat", "Mepps left the chat, no sorry he never joined it in 6 years"

Good luck with this thread that goes to Daybreak ignorelist faster than a goldseller in trade chat

The game is losing a huge number of players day after day with this dry dlc and content, but all they do is bonus weeks and time capsules discounts. That is some brilliant managment lol.

TLDR: All they have to do is work during 3-4 months to fix the bugs/glitches, reduce the power regeneration or just make the damn pvp like it was 5 years ago, but i'll cut your hopes they will do nothing.