Predictable nature of dcuo.....XD

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ColdFuzion, Sep 4, 2021.

1. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

What? you really think stats clamp did not come with a $ consequence? The allies are the new form of artefacts just much worse based on market place.

I don't blame the dev's tbh i blame the community for indulging in their lucrative prices. It takes what over 200$ to get a single allie to level 6? So based on getting 3 of them is 600$? lol, rather spend it on a holiday for the family.

The blind leading the blind ;)
    • Like x 4
  2. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

Stat clamp didn't lead to increased prices in the marketplace. Increased premium and free benefits did.
    • Like x 3
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

You have raised a good point here. I was a paid up member both before and after the changes? Why should I have to pay through the nose to subsidise an economic model I’m not taking advantage of?
    • Like x 4
  4. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I don't see much reasons to stay subbed myself after these changes. Access to my large amount of money was the only reason I really subbed, I don't see it being worth 20$ now.
    • Like x 3
  5. Steamboat2302 Well-Known Player

You don't have to. But its clearly contributory. This is how free to play games normally work. This wasn't really a free to play game before last week. I'm with you 100% on it being too much, even in this paradigm...but the only way to change is is if nobody buys it. I keep referencing this game to people complaining about pokemon unite being pay to win. If this game had any pvp relevance at all, it would be completely pay to win.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

One word...

Dr Fate Helmet

Ok..... that is 3 words... but you know what I mean. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Dr Fate helmet?? :D
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You realize that free to play games make money from market place items right? A lot of free to play games have high cost cosmetic items that are exclusive to the marketplace. Cosmetics can range from $5 to $40+. I don’t like or agree with items that have effects being on the list. Anything that can give any play an advantage that’s only accessible with money is pay to win and those items should be available through the game. But cosmetic? Yes they have every right to do so. They could finally add the superman emblem and price it at $60 and I’d be ok with it because it’s just a cosmetic.

But blaming it on stats clamp is kinda idiotic since one has nothing to do with the other
    • Like x 3
  9. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Lmfao... Definitely not. :D
    • Like x 2
  10. OnlyNomad The One Above All

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m not a Dr Fate cosplayer :p
    • Like x 5
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Are you a Fuginaut cosplayer??? Your character will have to cut off one arm... but it is a cool looking style. ;)
    • Like x 1
  13. OnlyNomad The One Above All

What about the Invisible Woman cosplayers? :p
  14. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Okay, I’m not ANY kind of cosplayer! :p I do like Fuginaut though, he seems ‘armless enough. ;)
    • Like x 3
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Right? And with the amount of money people blow on a chance at something through time capsules I’d figured this is nothing (I know I know a lot claim they never paid for time capsules they just got the free stabilizers through the daily run or just bought from the broker) but someone was buying them snd taking the chance. Now when something is guaranteed they think the price is astronomical

I keep bringing up eso but

Since it’s inception there were 40 dollar mounts and 50 dollar styles. Real money snd people paid it. They also have loot crates snd it costs like 200 dollars to get the expensive stuff where you can finally pic them item you want … dcs currancy to pic from the booster vendor is way more

This game messed up in the very beginning when it comes to the market place

They way under priced everything snd then made it all account bound so people expected cheap and one time fee

It’s 22 something for the allies right ? 22 dollars ? I mean I don’t even want the allies that much but just to buy the ally for 22 dollars doesn’t seem like much. You don’t have to fully upgrade them when you buy them
    • Like x 3
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DCUO Community: Why don't you put more on the marketplace?
    Also DCUO Community: Wait. Not like that.
    • Like x 5
  17. OnlyNomad The One Above All

I love how you can see who's ready to fork $25 to have Batman twerk for 3 seconds next to them.

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Yeah, completely accurate. For all these years, players haved asked for Legendary Allies to be on the Marketplace. Not more cosmetics and such that they insist on mainly pushing into Bundles and TC's.

AcCuRaCyYyYyY!1!!!11ONEone :rolleyes:
    • Like x 5
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So what? We have to consider the parable of the Monkey’s Paw every time we ask them for something? Not what I’d call good customer service.
    • Like x 5
  20. OnlyNomad The One Above All

Shhhhh! He likes to believe that when the community asked for cosmetic items they meant 3 seconds cameos from Batman and his friends.
    • Like x 2