Test Discussion Episode 41: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Red Five, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Five Developer

Howdy Testers, and welcome to Episode 41!

This thread is for reporting issues with gear and rewards. We will be checking back and fixing bugs as often as possible. Thanks for your help, and enjoy all the new features!
    • Like x 2
  2. inferno Loyal Player

I used the new UI, using a mouse, to go to a quick random solo. I got the usual rewards, as if going through the old On-duty and also the source mark but was there suppose be something else?

Are the rewards the same between going through the old on-duty and choosing a specific solo compared to going through the new UI and having a random solo pop?
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

Not sure where to ask or report, but it does not seem like we are getting the right amount of nth metal, like we said we would be getting only 3 types but we are only getting two types on test.
    • Like x 4
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

After playing for over 1 hour actively i didnt receive any Ally Favor.

Whats going on with Nth metal??

100 XP on live = green background - on test its blue but same name same XP
    10 XP on live = no background - on test its green but same name same XP

There also seems to be no other nth drops than those i listed...
  5. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

There is an issue with the newest Best on Vendor gear set.

Currently on the live vendor the full bov gear set is 815 Episode currency (non-elite). In Flashpoint we get currency from 2 Raids, an Alert daily, a Duo daily, 2 Weekly bounties (I’m not counting the Paradox Prince bounty because it didn’t exist for most of the Episode), and 4 Open-World Dailies (also not counting the daily Coin from Cyborg since that won’t exist after the Event period is over). All that equals 92 Episode currency weekly (without using Replay Badges). So it took ~9 weeks to complete the set.

In Episode 41 the bov non-elite gear set is 590 Episode currency. Currency-earning opportunities are 1 Raid weekly, 1 Alert and 1 Solo daily. That equals 38 currency weekly. At this rate it will take more than 15 weeks to complete the set. This new Episode is a 3 month cycle (1 month Superman instances, 1 month Batman, 1 month Wonder Woman).

The cost for the new Episode’s BOV gear exceeds the time between this Episode and the next. That's not even counting getting both regular and Elite sets of gear.
    • Like x 2
  6. Spells New Player

Not sure if this is the right place but 5 solos/duos 3 alerts and a raid to complete a weekly quest for 8 marks is ridiculous requirement and completely alt unfriendly
    • Like x 2
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

I run that daily to get gear to savagle. It’s not ridiculous at all
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Oh I did miss the weekly Save the Universe mission. That adds another 8 Grains per week. That equals 48 currency weekly. For the bov set it would take 12.8 weeks. Add in the free daily Grain you get from Rip Hunter, and yes, you can get the full set in 12 weeks (but wouldn't have any currency to spare on that toon).
  9. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

As far as I can see there are no Adaptive Augments or Artifacts for the new Episode. Correct?
  10. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

I see no generator mods or plans. Has the generator mod crafting system (we had in Flashpoint) been cancelled? I hope so.
  11. Red Five Developer

The third type is the Flawless Nth Metal worth 1000 xp. That one drops less frequently, so its expected that you will mostly see two of the three types will be available on the Daily Rewards track.
    • Like x 1
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Is the amount that drops on average the same as before or did it get lowered and added back with the log in reward?
    Would be a great thing for players that cant play more than 2 hours a day.
  13. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Victory Tokens & Tokens of Prestige - do they still exist in Ep 41 & beyond?
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

I just know I heard on the stream that we wouldn't be getting I think it was the 10,20 and 50 but we are still getting the 50 on test and only the blue ones (which on test the blue ones are only 100 but on live they are 200 is that an oversight or is the blues becoming 100?), and wanted to make sure if the changes were up on test.

Thank you again :D
    • Like x 3
  15. Spells New Player

On how many characters? Compare the amount of time required to complete that weekly versus any other weekly 8 mark mission in any other episode. It’s a couple of hours versus 5-10 minutes
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Just run you episode 41 solo and alert once a day and your set
  17. Red Five Developer

Thanks for the info, we actually forgot to enable the ally favor drops - those should be turned on soon.

As for the Nth Metal we have consolidated the drops into just three items.
    • Raw Nth Metal (Green, 10xp) - This used to have a grey background
    • Processed Nth Metal (Blue, 100 xp) - This used to have a green background
    • Flawless Nth Metal (Purple, 1000xp)
    Now, for example, instead of getting an Extracted Nth Metal worth 20 xp, you will get 2 Raw Nth Metals worth 10 xp each. The goal is to have nth metal take up less space in your inventory.
    • Like x 3
  18. Red Five Developer

This is correct. No generator mods either.
    • Like x 3
  19. Red Five Developer

Oh slight correction - the Flawless Nth Metal doesn't drop from enemies, but will be available on the Daily Rewards track.
    • Like x 1
  20. TRIXTA00001 Well-Known Player

If the nth drops less frequently, please remember that not everyone has "more" time to play..... especially for those of us that have a lot of alts/toons...

Also those of us that have more than one account on multiple platforms....

You might want to check drop rate and give us a heads up...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.