Test Discussion Episode 41: Allies UI

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread to discuss the new Allies user interface.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

I could not get the Allies pointer quest to advance. It says to go into the Allies menu and nothing happened.
    • Like x 6
  3. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You can't equi a support ally unless it's level 4 and up, which means you have to unequip your combat ally, then equip your support, fortify it, and swap your combat with your support, not a major issue but quite annoying
    • Like x 2
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

Ally xp goes directly into the currency tab, does this mean we won't be able to trade ally xp caches like we do with nth metal? If so, it's pretty bad for alts and I hope there is a option in the future.
    • Like x 3
  5. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    The icons aren't fitting on the abilities tab

Plus, small qol suggestion: Allow us to change from option 2 to 1 by just clicking on the icon, without having to open the abilities tab
    • Like x 6
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

You can't see the abilities until your upgrade your ally, this will be a nice boost to obsidianchill views, but I don't expect to go check a youtube video everytime I want to try out a new ally.
    • Like x 7
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Agree, can we please see what the support abilities are before we level them.
    • Like x 7
  8. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

O.k. what I see is you've got 4 things for Allies.

Ally Favor is an account-wide currency. When you go to fortify an ally you select how much from your stack you want to use from your Load Count (I was able to do this with a controller, couldn't figure out the keyboard command). So you can do the same for all alts on your account.

The other 3 Alliance XP items are earned (or maybe received from Daily Rewards or maybe vendor bought, though I haven't found them yet), and are tradable, so you can put them in your account bank for alts.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Nothing happens for me either when I go to allies. I just got as far as getting Oracle Bot.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Same here. :(
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The allies UI feels extremely clunky overall. When upgrading allies there is no description to what you are getting for upgrading them. If let ally damage is increased as shown by infernos testing than it should say that they do more damage. If it also affects strength of passives than that should also be stated. You should also be able to equip allies to any slot even if you don’t have them available to do anything. It makes fortifying them more streamlined. Having to swap them into your primary slot to fortify then swap back is clunky and you want the system to go smoothly. Allies should also show what passives they will get since it shows people what to look forward to. Similar to how artifacts work. Overall the UI feels rushed. Some QoL changes should be made
    • Like x 4
  12. Spyeedy Active Player

Not too sure if this has already been said, but the icons when we equip an ally are too large
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  13. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

When you open the ally menu for a breaf moment u can see the item description of the first item on ur inventory, could not get a picture of it, will get a video and show.

The ally fortify menu is, well the artifacts one, seems to work as you may expect (nothing to say here, as clear as artifacts/augments one)

The combat summon (R or RS), the red and red-er cooldown is weird, for example with the red from rage power u can tell the power is on cooldown, but here unless i see it is kinda blurry (or maybe my vision is starting to betray me), imo it shoudl have the same color of your poweset, as well...your powerset UI.

(From here is totally my opinion)
    Feels weird, like an overworked ui for 3 new artifacts slots, but it may be because i'm kinda old, and so far i've learn that changing to the user "the way he does the things" is a challenge (a titanic one).
    I mean it feels it would be easier to have 3 slots on ur inventory and equip them up as augments/artifacts something like:
    1: pure combat
    2: activates the first passive or only one
    3: activates the 2nd or only passive
    But well i'm no expert on UX

Overall works great, but i would not open a new modal box if i already opened a new one for the ally menu (fortify menu).
    Do i like it? Kinda, the info on the allies seems explicit and easy to understand.
    It works? totally
    Is easy to use? Kinda, still feels like is an added step to the fortify menu.
    Will i get use to it? Sure, why not.
  14. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

To all: There's a bug with the journal mission. You can clear it by equipping & levelling up 3 allies. Get them from the testing cache on the PvE vendor.
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

When trying to upgrade the Ally with Ally Favor, there are times when the UI seems to forget what you have selected and it stays stuck on the Ally Favor (but does not progress from there). If using a controller, you can't select anything else. If using a mouse, other places will highlight and give you information (like the different slots to put Favor, for example) but clicking on them does nothing.

[IMG]

This has been happening on Live in the Crafting UI for a while now. This may also tie into a UI issue where opening too many things too fast (like Catalyst boxes), which causes the loot reward window to no longer appear (the purple controller pad icon shows up, you can hit the Up button and choose to choose your loot, but the actual loot window never appears).

The only way to fix it seems to be to close the UI out and re-open it. Sometimes you have to do this multiple times. (the box/loot issue is fixed by zoning to a different zone)
  16. Panderus Senior Producer

For those who cannot get the Allies pointer mission, are you a Hero or a Villain? We previously had an issue that affected on but not the other, not sure if this is the same or a different issue.
  17. Eve YouTuber

Hero for me
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

It is because players are opening up the Ally Test Box before actually doing the House of Legends Tour which leads to the Cybrog Allies mission. I created new toons and tested this going straight to the video terminals and the mission worked completely fine. The only part that gets stuck is when it says "Open Allies Menu" after doing so it just doesn't process after that but you can still equip Oracle Bot and then all the others and use them just fine. That bug wouldn't happen on live server because there is no vendor box.
    • Like x 2
  19. Zamara Dedicated Player

A few things:
    So I get it that we're on the test server and we got max of the favor currency (999,999) and we could just feed every ally all of it and go for another box but is there a way to make it so we can't feed an ally more than its max? since there's such big differences on the values from a blue (i forgot the rarity name) to a legendary (8.5k vs almost 300k, and it believe the others were around 70k?) i feel like just a warning pop up isn't enough, specially if it is an account bound currency.

Can the amount go up more than 1 at a time when adding a custom amount of it? Say you had 10k favor and needed to fortify oracle bot who needs just 8.5k, are we supposed to press down 1.5k times in order to not feed all 10k (i say down cause who on their right mind would go the other way around) or just go with it and give in the extra?
    Also is there going to be a way for console players to type in that pop up? after opening the pop up (which i was only able to open with my controller) i was able to use my mouse to click the pop up and type in with my keyboard but on console we don't usually have a mouse or a keyboard, so how is that going to work? the only way i found to add in a custom amount without the controller was to hold left ctrl and clicking to add in one by one which brings me back to the last point, why is it one?.

The fortifying UI in general seems to be just the same as the artifacts/augments one in a new tab which might be the reason behind some of the issues i found. The other menu seems to be working fine with controller from what i've seen.
  20. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah... this is 100% what just happened to me, i opened the box and added all of them, and now when i got to the cyborg portion is stuck because the mission is "Use Ally: Oracle Bot in your inventory and add them as an Ally" and i did get the item to add the ally, but i can't use the item since i already added the one on the test box.
    Also agree there's almost no way this could happen on live unless someone went and traded the mission item to one of their alts and used it there before doing the pointer mission since it's account bound.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.