Artifacts should be account bound

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Al Uzza, Jul 25, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

When I wrote Nth Metal Caches I was referring to what you get from the Detectors. I should have made that a lot clearer. Thanks.
  2. Illumin411 Loyal Player

While companies investing in good will towards a customer base can absolutely make for a positive return in customer loyalty and engagement, that rope only goes so far before diminishing returns dip in to the red. Asking a for-profit company to chop one of their top two revenue streams in half is only going to end one of two ways: "heeelllll no" or "sure, but now we have to replace it dollar for dollar another way". That's a lose/lose.
    • Like x 1
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

It already takes an nth-ton of nth to even get to 200. How would this stop the flow of nth money by allowing arts to be sharable? Did anyone consider that if they are sharable that more arts for an account could be leveled and money also spent to level those? hmm
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sorry but that's terrible logic. Let me explain. I have three active characters and over the course of three years I have ranked up:
    (3)Transformation Cards, (3) Strategist Cards, (3) Solar Amps, (3) Eyes of Gemini, (3) Grimorium Verums, (3) Tetrahedrons, (3) Soul Cloaks, Mystic Symbol of the Seven, Manacles of Force, Everyman Prototype, Dilustel Refractor, Lazarus Pit Water, Orb of Arion, Omegahedron, Demon's Fang, Starheart Fragment, Page of Destiny, Amulet of Rao, Parasite's Power Harness, Claw of Aelkhund, Rings of Azar

If artifacts were sharable they wouldn't have made all the money I spent leveling 14 of those artifacts.

No one defending shareable artifacts is trying to spend money on artifacts. They're trying to avoid spending money. LOL.

Has anyone considered how shareable artifacts could backfire on the community? They could increase the prices on catalyst packs, Nth Metal, seals and detectors. They could increase the amount of Nth Metal and catalysts needed to get one artifact to 200. Daybreak's going to get your money from you one way or another.
    • Like x 2
  5. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

After the membership update goes live, you'll get alot of nth metal if you subscribe and use nth detectors.
    It looks bad to beg the devs for illogical requests.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I have 1 character I play at the endgame. She has all three rank 200 artifacts for her role.

I pay money for a subscription. That subscription claims to include a benefit of extra character slots. Those extra character slots have little usefulness, because leveling Artifacts for alts would be expensive, cumbersome, and serve no purpose.

So I leveled 3 artifacts and then I quit spending money on Artifacts. I accept that all alts are pointless and will never be properly geared to be played at the endgame level.

If Artifacts were account-bound, then I would definitely start leveling up more Artifacts. Because, you see, my main is a Healer. I didn't level the DPS Artifacts since I knew I was almost always going to be healing. Why level up Artifacts for an alt-role? All it does is permanently remove 3 more inventory slots from you to carry them around while never using them. But if I could share them on Alts, I would immediately see value in leveling Artifacts again. Brit could get a DPS set, but toss them to a different character when I want to play something else.

What would realistically happen is a more Pokemon-esque "Gotta Level Them All" so that I could have the maximum variety of combinations for testing builds.

The current system got me to spend money on three.

Making them account-bound would have got me to spend money on like 20. Because every new Artifact would be worth a lot more, since it applies to the entire account, and not just a single character.

I'm happy if they never make them account-bound, because then I can save my money. But people who claim that they can't make them account-bound because the development team would lose money, I don't believe they are looking at the big picture.

The only money that would be lost is from people who spend DBC to level the exact same Artifact on two different characters. If you leveled 2 Eye of Geminis, you would have spent less money. But if you leveled different Artifacts, or instead like many of us simply do not bother with Artifacts on Alts at all, then you have spent the exact same amount of money.

In contrast, any player who levels up Artifacts for an Alt (or an Alt-role) for a character they were previously not bothering with, that is extra money spent. Increased spending, and greater profits for Daybreak.

So the question becomes, do you think there are more people who leveled up multiple Transformation Cards, or do you think there are more people who would be willing to level up a new Artifact if they believed they could trade it around to find it a home, instead of just hoping that it didn't need replaced with the very next Episode.
    • Like x 1
  7. Al Uzza Active Player

Exactly! One perk of the game is creating alts with different powers and roles, yet it’s almost impossible with the current artifact system. Most people usually have 1 main sometimes with an alt. If artifacts are shareable, it would be more worth it to upgrade them because you’ll use them more. I saw people complaining that it would be unfair for lower levels to have high artifacts. First, have you tried queuing up for older content? It takes hours already. Next, some people in higher level don’t have good artifacts either, but they can still find groups. There’s no downside other that the possibility that devs lose a little money (which I would disagree because now there’s an incentive to try out different roles like Brit said).
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

More people are going to follow the current meta. I'm not suggesting everyone does or should follow current metas, however anyone that takes the game and their characters seriously will at least look into how to maximize their potential. The current metas for DPS (both Might and Prec) usually with some exceptions recommend pairing Transformation Card and Strategist Card, the third artifact is left up to player preference. So to answer your question, yes I believe there are more people who leveled up multiple Transformation Cards.

And just looking at the current selection of DPS artifacts most of them are situational and only useful at ranks 160 or 200, some of them are just flat awful. Do you think a well informed player is going to invest money and XP into an item that isn't recommended just to trade it around and find it a home? More importantly do you think the development team will believe the majority of players will pay towards any new artifact that comes out?
    • Like x 1
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is assuming people would even care about leveling up artifacts they won't use. There are already people who spend to have 6 artifacts per toon. There are some who do even more to situational switches. I however do not know anyone who levels up artifacts just to have them. If that were to change yes there may be some who do it. But most people who already spend on artifacts will just just wouldn't.

My argument is not for or against it. Just want to clear that up. If this were made true I would hit the jackpot since I could feed duplicates to other artifacts and save even more.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Whew. I haven't spent a cent leveling artifacts, and never will. I'm so glad I'm a filthy casual. I will never be an elite player, but I sometimes feel like I have WAY more fun than some of you.

Oh, and for the record, I definitely would support making artifacts account bound in some way. I still won't spend money on them, but it might make me willing to try more of them on different powers if I could share them with my alts. *shrug* In the end it doesn't matter much to me.