Kryptonian Flexsuit

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MVP1992, Jul 25, 2021.

1. MVP1992 Level 30

The chest piece is a real Pain ITA to get and the developers seem to act if it doesn't even exist anymore. They really need to increase the drop rate or add it to the robot vendors between the Meta and Tech wings cause the RNG is pitiful af.
    • Like x 2
  2. Eve YouTuber

Would love them to do either, or make it drop in other places aswell. Maybe make it easier to get now that content will be relevant again? Will be really helpful.
  3. MVP1992 Level 30

Bruh I literally wasted 30 dollars on replay badges in hopes of getting this style and got nothing but a bunch of useless rings and necklaces. I don't know whether to be more pissed at the developers or myself.
  4. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Don't waste your replays.

Took me like 9 years to get the darn thing. There are times when I farmed for months and months playing the FoS Missions with a couple of characters.

I had given up on getting the darn thing.... but someone asked if I could make a video how to get the Flexsuit.
    And...... Shazam...... I got it while I was making the video.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If you have multiple endgame characters you should just walk in and run it each week with all of them, if you're not already doing that. Doesn't matter which character gets it because it's part of style unlocking so you can just unlock it on whatever character(s) you want. That being said...with stat clamping coming relatively soon it may not be possible to walk in and solo that stuff when it hits, so might want to get it done sooner rather than later if you can.
    • Like x 6
  6. MVP1992 Level 30

I only have two alts and they're not strong enough to solo fos right now. At this point I don't see any point in trying unless the drop rate is increased since the stat clamp is literally next month. Trying to get this style is the equivalent of playing the lottery and I no longer have the patience or enthusiasm to try unlocking it, especially when I have work and would prefer to play other games at times. I can only hope that Mepps or Charon will see this thread and take my and other players desire with getting this chestpiece into consideration.
  7. IonHero Committed Player

Agreed, they should make it easier.

(My solution would be to make it a reward for a 1 item collection, with the collection item being called "Superman's 80th Emblem", that would knock out the ""Honorary El" feat and give the sought after style Kryptonian flexsuit chest style.)
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

And this is why MORE items needed to be added to Vendor 22 and Vendor 00! But instead, the Devs "in their infinite wisdom"... :rolleyes:... REMOVED a bunch of styles from Vendor 00 and made it LESS useful! :mad:
    • Like x 5
  9. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Some items are meant to be hard to get. Makes them rare and the object of envy. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I had to struggle to get the Kryptonian Flexsuit chest. Endless attempts busting open those chests and getting nothing. I'm talking the better part of a year trying to get it. Then one day I got it. Then one day i take a friend in there who really wants the chest piece. I explain to him how long it took me. He gets it on his first attempt, first treasure chest. I was crying inside and hating his very essence for at least 10 seconds. Then I faked happiness for him. Sometimes i hate this game and it's cruelty toward me.
    • Like x 2
  10. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'm just curious, as I'm not that knowledgeable on my Kryptonian lore, but what's the big deal about this style? Not hating on it, it looks cool, but I guess I don't know what makes it so much better than other flexsuit/slimline styles. Does it match a comic or iconic Superman (or Super-Fam) look?

Good luck to all in getting it!
    • Like x 1
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It just looks cool imo.
    • Like x 3
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

At the time it was pretty much the only slimline that did not cover the hands. So it was perfect for a Superman character.

We got a few others since like the Scuba style.... although the Scuba does not have quite the same muscle definition.
    • Like x 3
  13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

It is strange about this flexsuit chest I got it on all 6 toons queing fos 2 then breaking the chest after completing the instance and everyone else left the instance. I am NOT saying that is a guarantee or anything of that sort just that I in my own personal experience got it that way and other people might not get it that way.
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Ah! I can see why it would be sought after.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

In the case of the Scuba Suit specifically...

1) It's based on wetsuits for diving. Those are generally made of neoprene (the same material your standard computer mouse pads are made from) so it has some thickness to it that would limit how much muscle definition you'd see.

2) That style set is FANTASTIC for making costumes based on the Silver Age of Comics and related movies and TV shows. For example, I've seen its Chest Style used to make Adam West's Batman costume! :D
    • Like x 2
  16. MVP1992 Level 30

To be honest I wouldn't be bothered if the devs never decided to increase the drop rate, but they should atleast add it to one of the rare vendors, even if it's only for a limited time like say a week or 72 hours. That would provide players who been trying to get it for x amount of time the opportunity to get it as long as they are still active on the game and are updated about it.
  17. Charon Lead Content Designer

So I've been digging into this a bit. I see where the treasure boxes are in Fortress 2 but I don't see them in Fortress 1. Maybe they were removed at some point. Do you guys still see them there?

I'm doing a couple things - making both the top and bottom tradeable and increasing the rolls on the chests and the weights a bit to make them more accessible. The last step is to see what's going on with the treasure boxes for Fortress 1.
    • Like x 9
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's been a while since I stepped into Fortress 1 but it seems like there were some spots along the tunnels where the treasure boxes would be. Couldn't say exactly where, though.
  19. EconoKnight XIII Legion

20. Charon Lead Content Designer

Witchcraft. I don't see the data in that region. Must be something tho. Will dig more. Thanks! I was thinking maybe of just adding that loot table to the last boss but that may be crazy talk.
    • Like x 3