Mental Power - COLOR CODE

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tomazo, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Tomazo Level 30

Hello , if someone can tell me the ''exact'' color code of the Mental power main color palette i will appreciate it , thanks !
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

That is difficult to do, since the game's character creation color palette doesn't have all of the colors in the game.
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

So VFX are done 1 of 2 ways:

1) greyscale textures that get coloured by the geometry and the app, or
    2) coloured in the texture itself (basically hard coded)

1. is used when the textures / vfx are used for different shared purposes in the game so the game recolours them what it needs to when it uses them. 2. is used when the vfx aren't shared like in 1. and don't need to be recoloured. There are pros and cons for both.

Another detail is that the textures are alpha'd to appear degrees of transparent so it's never going to look exact because the VFX looks a different shade of pink/purple depending on how visible the texture looks in any given frame.

If it's #1 A dev would have to look up whatever internal resource has the colour code and could tell us. BUT, if it's #2 a dev or someone who's datamined the textures would have to give you the exact hex code by manually looking at the texture file and sampling it off of it.

Considering all this, a dev could see this and step up to bat, but your best bet practically speaking, is probably to take a screenshot of the vfx you're trying to match to -- as good and clear as possible, with the shade you want, and then eyedropper the colour in photoshop to get the hex value. But even that might not give your results you're hoping for -- may not be exact enough to satisfy you.

If you have a screenshot of the vfx though, post it, and myself or someone else with photoshop or any photo editor with eyedroper tools can check it for you.
    • Like x 1