Artifact Generator Mods

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Sammy Well-Known Player

Instead of constantly gaining new mods each expansion, why not create Generator mods you can level up with EXP or come with more bonuses then just Stats. Have some unique features on them! You could have 12 Generator mods each working like their own Artifact that boost stats and do Something Extra. Make them Exciting!

Because I am putting way too much effort on this episodes generator mods for what i feel like is little in return
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Wait, so you want them to make Artifact mods that will obviously be a huge grind to make because you didn't like to grind for a gen mod that was optional? The generator mods are only important for the feat and that is it. The feats also do not have any time requirement.
    • Like x 1
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Why not just use the gen mods that drop from content/missions or purchase the ones on the vendor? A .1 difference in generator mod strength doesn't give enough uptick in stats to boost the effectiveness of a character.

Why would anyone want to farm separate EXP for the generator mods? The devs got rid of the old crafting system for a reason.

In my opinion, generator mods should automatically level up when a character's CR gets to the CR level of content. That way, we would not need gen mods to drop and take up inventory space if we cannot use them, since they are character bound.
    • Like x 3
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Too much crafting kills crafting!

In the end, we'll end up spending more time crafting than playing the game, there's already enough crafting in the game, too much.

Personally with the various crafting stuff already existing on DCUO, I start to lose more and more pleasure of the game, don't forget that many players stopped the game because of the artifacts, let's not push the nail further!
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

I agree - I really would prefer we steer clear of more crafting.. your reply reminded me of gear mods and mote crafting and t4.1 gear etc lol
    • Like x 1
  6. PHNTM Well-Known Player

I'd prefer them to alter Generator mods to allow easier role/power switches. If I'm prec or a healer, I should be able to instantly switch between my options without previous Gen mods being replaced.
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

40.4.... i'll get the feat one day. I'll get next dlc gen mod 41.0 sooner.