Stats Clamp & Battle Role

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jul 10, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

How is the stat clamps going to affect battle roles?
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Hopefully eliminates them. I know it works for a select few people and that ls cool but most cant pull this off yet they somehow live in the delusion they are not the prob. Hopefully this makes people stayin their own lane, doing their own role so that all these people that cant actually pull it off are forced to just do their job and NOT try to do mine
    • Like x 2
  3. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Roles will matter much more now. That's about it, I think.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This game wasn't designed with battle roles in mind so what do you expect a stats clamp is going to do?
    • Like x 1
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That isn't a very healthy way of looking at things. Are you mad that battle role players are able to do their job and beat you in the scoreboard?
    Roles always mattered but that can be subjective I guess.
    Hmm well the game had Stat clamps before and there were also battle roles. I just forgotten how it was when there was Stat clamps. Ultimately I won't know until it goes live or it's on the test server.
    • Like x 1
  6. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if you could manage a battle role correctly in "relevant" content before a stat clamp content situation, you'll be able to manage it correctly afterwards - if you couldn't, then you won't.
    • Like x 7
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lmao show me one lmao.
    Not even close. Not even mad.
    Re-read before attempting to be snippy lol. I said rite up front there is some ppl (very few) who have the sp, and skill to pull this off.
    Its the other 98% of people that THINK they too can do this and they are trash that i want to stop doing it.
    Im on board if you can actually do it. Im speaking only about those that cant yet hinder the raid doing it anyway all while very toxically blaming the healer
    • Like x 2
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That was before the revamp. Battle support roles weren't supported back then either despite players attempting to play that way.
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Makes sense, we'll just have to see when it comes live.
    Your first three words of a sentence says "Hopefully eliminates them" implying as a whole as for the "mad" part it was more of a rhetorical question lol Hmm well elite players want to be elite by getting as much skill points as possible and best gear along with doing elite content but you or others want to eliminate battle-roles, that just seems possessive. In fact, I haven't seen a video or anyone claiming to be an elite player and being a battle-role. You can't keep one and stigmatized the other. Both require more skill than the general player.
    • Like x 2
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Why would it eliminate them anyway, people were battle tanking and battle trolling in Survival Mode, within current relevancy, because it was effective and at higher levels probably even necessary. Let that sink in a moment, don't come back to me straight away. ;) lol
    • Like x 5
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For sure, and yes not mad at all. I say hopefully eliminates them because while there are a few ppl with the experience an skill to do it an do it well (i run with a few an have no issues there), the vast majority cant. Its overall healthier i think to funnel roles into focusing on the role an not tryin to do both.
    I also think that the ones who can actually pull his off would still be able to.
    Im prayin it clams enough to eliminate the other 98% tryin to do both an failing at both causing issues in the raid. Thats all
    • Like x 1
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im not sayin it would, im hopeing it wouod. I’d love there to be a system or way to shave the 98% of people that cant pull this off effectivly to be funneled into just doing their job an doing it rite is all.
    Thats why im so agint this battle garbage. I run with a few who have the sp, experience, know their role an power well enough to do great an thats fine. Im on board with being creative an double dipping if you can do it. Its the other 98% that think they are doing but failing an messing up raids an causing issues an loosing aggro an blaming healer etc. thats the ones im hopeing it eliminates lol
    • Like x 1
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Battle roles will be fine in anything outside of a raid I'm sure. In a raid, they were really only useful for old content and now that it's clamped, they won't be liked or needed. As is now, I can't even count the amount of times I've left lfg elite formed groups because the troll would be bragging about beating some dps while we wiped because the healer or tank had no power. Like wow, thanks for being our 6th dps now can you put out more power than the tank cuz he's tripling your output thru colas and sd's
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

You should have gotten The Lorax to battle-troll, you wouldn't have any issues there ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Hurtyman Active Player

I have to agree with Qwantum, every time someone chimes in they're a "battle healer" or "battle troll," I immediately either go into a support role or ask to be excused because it's going to be a long raid. Most people like the idea of being able to do damage while they heal/tank/troll, but they simply don't have the skill points to allocate to one role, let alone two. Personally, I'm closing in on 500 SP with my healer restoration maxxed out, and some points left over to play with. All my powers are heals and shields so adding might isn't going to help the battle side. I could spec in some precision because I do mostly weapons attacks to build supercharge, but the extra damage it adds isn't going to help as much as keeping dedicated DPS players going. As a healer, I have two big concerns after my ability to heal teammates: power and survivability. Healers use power like crazy, but when they run out so do the heals. Also if your healer is squishy, you'll go without heals as well.
    Then there's the issue of powers and artifacts. You have six powers and three artifacts you can use. Which support powers are you going to give up for a DPS power? Which artifact are you swapping out? Choose carefully because that support power or artifact you're changing out to do bog standard damage is going to affect the rest of the team. If you're a healer, your teammates are either going to go down more, or swap out one of their offensive powers to put in a personal shield. As a troll, if you're forcing teammates to rely on budgeting their power while relying on supply drops and Soders while you're not giving them the buffs they need to win, what exactly do they need you for anyway?
    Are there players who can do solid damage while in a support role? Absolutely. They're highly experienced and have at least 100 more skill points than I do. They also put their support roles first and damage a distant second. Most players in battle roles are putting their egos first, and their team second. If you're going into a raid as support, even a PUG group deserves just that, support. Anything else is going to be selfishness.
    • Like x 4
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Ah yes you're that type of player. I always get a surge of excitement when a random player like yourself immediately ask to be removed from the instance (sometimes they don't even bother to excuse a player) only to find out at the end of the run, it was perfect and that battle-tank or battle-role did all their jobs as they should have while doing more. Like a job in real life, they give you a task to do and some employees go above and beyond than what was required. Skill points matter sure but it isn't the only thing that can help. I haven't even reached 300 skill points, never was that type of player to go feat hunting because I was more confident in my abilities and skills than skill points. Artifacts came into play and opened more options. So there's that to. I highly dislike players who quit without giving the benefit of the doubt. They just want an easy way out and don't want to further improve on themselves but don't let me stop you from using the same meta artifacts such as Transformation and Strategist Card.
  17. Hurtyman Active Player

Wow! The defensiveness coming from that post is just palpable. So is the attitude I was talking about. I'll concede the Transformation and Strategist cards as well as The Eye of Gemini are great for all roles, but role specific artifacts are better IMO. Thank you for realizing skill points matter, but that you don't make feats a priority says more about your skills and abilities than your confidence in them does.
    Are you sure you were doing all your jobs as support while pouring out the damage, or were other players adjusting away from their best game to compensate for you? If I'm a DPS, and I have to drop Robot Sidekick because I have to pop a shield so I can survive a rotation that's compromising my ability to do my role. Likewise if the team has to coordinate supply drops in the middle of a boss fight because we can't get heals or power, that compromises their ability to do the objectives. Like in real life, there are varying levels of competency in any group, but if a group succeeds in spite of you and not because of you should you really be on that team?
    Besides that, just what is wrong with just being a tank, healer or troll? You're getting the same marks and currency as everyone else so why worry about chasing the scoreboard? Maybe you would get more feats if you're not trying to do two things at once.
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

There are just as many, if not more, trash players out there attempting to pure role. I very rarely even come across battle role players in the wild, so I'm not sure what groups you're running with lol.

Battle role is perfectly fine, you're right, if done correctly but given this stat clamping is happening to "not end game" i.e. content older than 3DLC's and battle role players are doing what they want in end game relevant content, it's going to have no impact on it.

Battle Role playing is here to stay.
    • Like x 2
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I think so too, just takin my cheap shot where applicable.
    OP question was basically “what will this do to battle roles?”
    My answer was simply “hopefully eliminating them” lol