Membership made useless? Premium screwed over?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EvilDeeds, Jul 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How do you know this for sure? Have you seen what the rewards will actually look like?? Do you know for a fact that they are lackluster? And what makes you so sure that they'll lose money after this? Sure, maybe people will drop subs and just become premiums...but if they're like most average members they'll still spend on some things here and there. Those "former" members can take that membership money and buy more replays, stabilizer keys, catalysts, Nth metal, Seals, or anything new they might add to the marketplace (like future cosmetics...*HINT* *HINT*).

For the longest time I argued that lifting the cash cap or raising the escrow for free to play could only come if they gave members a big enough reward to replace the value of that. On paper so far, the daily and monthly log-in rewards look like they might be good. Hard to fully judge until we see what it actually looks like. But hey, if it is lackluster...we get to drop our subs and still play the full game unrestricted. You let them figure out how to make more money while enjoying the game.
    • Like x 4
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You do realize that this is not completely finalized right? They have been working on this for a while and they have finally reached the stage where they could reveal the plan, but they still have time to tweak things (hence them mentioning this now and taking in feedback). I get that we all want answers to everything...but maybe they need time to see how these "suggestions" and whatnot will play out before just blurting out answers for things that aren't 100% final just yet.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dene Devoted Player

I am genuinely stunned that Premiums are complaining.. you are getting so much but still not happy?

How much you spent as a premium (or member) is not a Dev issue it's a You issue - you got what you paid for.

Any episodes you bought I have no doubt you got your money's worth already from past progression , game time & general fun
    • Like x 3
  4. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Pretty sure Op said he was a member and not premium.
  5. Drake_DuCaine Well-Known Player

I've been a free player, a premium players and a multiple time legendary player.

This is absolutely a win. Of course I didn't buy any episodes as I always just had them unlocked through legendary membership. That being said, if you bought them instead of paying for legendary, it really evens out as you're spending the same amount of money for virtually the same benefits.

DLC Packs are $10-$15 I think. Legendary is $15 a month. So for the price of ONE Legendary month, you could own an entire DLC pack. They found it more profitable to give the DLC for free and make money from the microtransactions like replay badges, time capsules, etc. than to charge for the DLC packs.

In the long term, it's great for the longevity of the game. The people who bought DLC packs bought them when they were in their prime. It's not really money wasted as the only other way to get the DLC unlocked was to buy a legendary membership which is the same price as the DLC pack. Premium members aren't really out anything that Legendary Players aren't out of. Free players are obviously benefitting the absolute most of anyone. But I don't see how anyone is getting screwed here.
    • Like x 1
  6. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Episodes have been free/open for the majority of the pandemic and DCUO announcement months ago that the intention was to have free episodes. To all of a sudden complain and cry foul when they actually implement it is absolutely ridiculous. Also no one was holding a gun to premium players head's to buy each and every episode, they had chances to become legendary through sales or they could just skip eating out for lunch once a month and be able to afford legendary. DCUO isn't responsible for their choices.

We also don't know the full details of the daily login rewards about what is actually available to use to reclaim and the extra rewards for legendary vs FTP/Premium so to cry and throw an tantrum on the ground about membership changes that we don't actually have yet is completely moot.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

this, a thousand times this. I'm a member, but in one swoop the devs just gave me every single reason that I pay that membership for for free. bupkiss. nada. once all this comes in, I could drop my membership instantly & still have my lairs, the utility belt, & full access to my money & the broker! the one tiny drawback is I'd have to buy some extra character slots. that's it. now, that's about as awesome as it gets, as far as I'm concerned. of course, I'm not going to drop my membership, not now, at least, I'm going to carry on for a bit & see how it plays out, but it's a great feeling to know that should I choose to it's not going to kill the game, for me. my only issue with all the news is the stat clamping thing, & no one knows how that's going to roll so there's no point chucking me toys out of the pram over it just yet, but as far as the rejigged membership goes I think the devs have done a cracking good job. on paper, anyway.
    • Like x 3
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are correct. I'm maybe reacting on bad info (the mock up and lack of info provided), but maybe by voicing my opinion they might be saying right now "yeah...maybe we should have different tiers for F2P and Premiums and not lump them together...let's do that now". So, that also depends on it not being finalized....right?
    • Like x 2
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use the official thread for this discussion.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.