Troll Debuff Build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lieutenant, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I'd optimize by swapping Grimbor's and BoP-Link for Claw of Aelkhund and Tetrahedron of Urgund. Then I'd start working up a Cog of Mageddon to swap with Tetrahedron whenever possible/needed. If power is really an issue you can remove claw and burst or you can swap claw with parasite's every 12 secs, if you're that desperate for more power out.
  2. lieutenant Active Player

A percentage of Max Power regenerates every second
  3. lieutenant Active Player

he really urks me lol but I'm about business on this post.
  4. lieutenant Active Player

I appreciate you trying to be supportive but I've been come at so much about this artifact that I'm headstrong on using, that I'm very defensive at this point
  5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You say i'm/we aren't in your room playing the game besides you but you are LITTERALLY asking the forum community how do we force 7 other players in the group to make YOUR playstyle optimized?
    • Like x 1
  6. lieutenant Active Player

Why use the word usage of force? because how am I forcing anyone to play my way. There are several people who like the artifact and use it everyday and may have an insight on using it that I may not have considered, I'm here to learn. I've already the claw setup as I've said before that you keep mentioning. This post is predicated towards a newer, non-meta playstyle that may bring more excitement to the controller role since everybody is just doing the same things nowadays. When I picked my troll power, I chose munitions because people mainly dps with munitions but don't really troll with it, and people mainly only buff troll or power troll but weirdly in a way this artifact allows you to do a little bit of both at the same time. Learning what situations to use it in, building a loadout around it, sp allocation, is what I would like to know. I don't want my time wasted telling me it's bad because anything can be made good if you know what you're doing. That goes for any video game. With that being said, there's nothing to learn from someone who gives up so easily and doesn't have the mindset to explore and keep trying until it's optimized and that's fine because your role is mainly pumping out other information that I'm not even good enough or maybe even smart enough to handle. My role is to just play the game and suck I guess. But, if you're not here to help to I guess " help me suck in a less terrible way" then just leave me alone please.
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

That is all fine and dandy, why are you coming to the forums continually to try to justify your playstyle? You can say whatever you want to try and justify yourself it won't be better than a pure power setup if the group requires that, nor will it be better than the buff setup for maximizing the groups damage. You can argue until you are blue in the face it won't change actual facts. You are just the controller in the group, you are 1 person, 1 role. There are upwards of 5 DPS in the group and if they ask for a buff troll to make content quicker they have every right to ask that. If you want to shout in LFG "non-meta troll here" see how far that gets you, but that doesn't mean you have to make multiple threads on the forums because controllers generally aren't that gullible.
    • Like x 1
  8. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

But, what if, you have a brick tank, a sorc heal, and 5 source shard dps -- hmm what then??? :D
    • Like x 2
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Yes, for eight seconds. Its called POT all be it a passive one. There was a time when us trolls were of something some would call special because of our abilities to maximize those eight seconds through double ticking on recharge. The even more special were the ones who managed to do that, throw debuffs, do mechanics, do pick-ups, and somehow manage to do it all solo.

Of course this is before and during Weapon Mastery(the beginning of the end), before Advanced Mechanics(the total ruin), and Stats Revamp/Artifact Meta (the end).
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Earth and sorcery players LOVE my comms lol. At first they look confused trying to figure out what they are doing different so that they can keep doing it after lol
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

You still wouldn't use his build :p You would use BOP-Strategist-Amulet
    • Like x 2
  12. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

The OP question is:
    "How would you optimize the amount of damage the group does and the power you give to the group from attacks."

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Claw of Aelkhund buff last 12 seconds even if you swap it out after use? Couldn't you get the best of both worlds by simply hitting the Claw mechanic and then swapping it out to hit power out move? Just repeat every 11 seconds?

Side note from an amateur troll who only trolls in reg raids (on an alt):
    As much as I like the BoP Commlink, the Grimbor's Chains seems to be less effective than a controller running the Eye of Gemini, no? I don't mean that it's merely less effective in result, but in that both artifacts use similar mechanics. Instead of dropping a ring around enemies and doing 2% (or whatever it is) to the enemies, you could instead drop the Eye around you and do an attack that does 20% of damage out in the 6 seconds as well as healing up to 12% power. If I knew a Troll was using theirs, I might use my EoG to get that 5% Prec/Might buff when I stand in theirs ( as well as mine). Does the EoG slow an enemy? No. I would rather do the damage instead of slow an enemy.
  13. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Drat! Foiled again -- if it wasn't for your meddling logic, I'd have gotten away with it too!

[IMG]
  14. gemii Dedicated Player

This doesn’t really have nothing to do with the thread but

How does BOP comlink work? I understand it automatically applies the 3 debuffs and gives power when you hit the target

If I have on the rao with the comlink and use the BOP comlink would it automatically put all 3 debuffs on multiple targets still? Or does one target take the 3 debuffs only?

And

I get I can put other moves in my loaodout with the BOP comlink but how does it work when swapping armories?

For example boom I use bop comlink I insert the powers I want to use in it and at some point in content I swap armories to something completely different then I switch back over to the bop comlink artifact. Would my previous powers still be there or id have to re-do my loadout to what I previously had?