Let us send more than 5 items in the mail

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I was about to ask why you don’t use the shared bank but then remembered your stabilizer…uhhh…workaround. Yeah, that’s what we’ll call it.

Although, on that note, having to use the mail is kind of a consequence of you doing that system, no? Don’t get me wrong, I’m by no means wagging a finger or saying you should or shouldn’t do that. You do you. I’m just saying the gain in benefits of doing that come at the cost of other benefits, namely the shared bank.

It’s kind like when I used to jailbreak (hack) my iPhone back in the day. I was getting additional features/benefits on my phone but at the cost of being able to use many of the benefits of my warranty (applecare) and possibly actually voiding my warranty altogether. If a problem were to arise that was of direct consequence of jailbreaking, I would have never contacted Applecare expecting or even hoping that they would be able to offer a solution…beause they already did: operate within the parameters we set up for you. By going outside of those parameters, I essentially declined their solution. I’d have no right to ask for or expect another.

And I know doing that isn’t against TOS. But it’s still operating outside of the system they set up for one person to play multiple toons and easily share resources.
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

I don't understand something though. Is it going to hurt anybody by adding the option? And my shared bank is full at all times, another thing to mention is that this thread is old, I just simply bumped it, because I want to know where the Devs stand when it comes to it.
    • Like x 3
  3. Murderotic New Player

Lol you make it seem as if it's a big deal when it's not. It won't hurt if it gets expanded, same with the bank and shared bank.
    • Like x 1
  4. fightfriend Active Player

yeah the mail system is a total mess right now , we got a cash to attach slot which can't even be used , and only 5 items to send , the amount of time i keep wasting just to mail stuff from a toon to the other , and the more time to be wasted just to accept all these mails on that toon , for example when i'm sending the exobytes , it's like a good 5min process just to accept all the mails i have sent already to that toon and a good 5mins to send them back to my main when a new dlc comes out , they really need to increase the mail slots , 5 is way too small .
  5. Neuthonix Active Player

once again a good point being made - we need everything expanded to the core lol
    • Like x 1
  6. Oatmealbox New Player

Mostly shared bank
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sure it does. it's hours if not days of work for a dev to rework the mail UI. Also, while the likelihood is that the mail UI and transfer (cut/paste) system function has been touched much over the years, if that isn't the case or even if it is but the code was written in a way 7 years ago that creates limitations, it's a lot of work to go back through old code and clean that stuff up. And all that manpower spent is now a resource no longer available to go towards fixing a bug or two or getting another weapon or two from that list included in the new DLC by the deadline or time spent going back and putting repair bots at the spawn points in the raids because they forgot again or working a little more towards that 2nd accessory slot they said is near the top of the list of side projects, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
  8. Caroline Dedicated Player

So something that could potentionally bring them money would hurt them? What about all those bank/inventory slots they be givin' from time to time? Don't you think the majority of players spend money on those to fully maximize them? These days everything can be monitized and I'm pretty sure they can take advantage of this one, too.
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It's all about the cost of the investment of manpower resources and cost of any potential schedule conflicts, delays or missed deadlines due to diverted resources that were initially included when calculating estimated timeframes (if any) measured against estimated increase in revenue (with consideration to risk factors in mini/maxi scenarios). You could very well be correct though.

Edit: I forgot to mention that they would also need to consider how it may affect their relationship to the customers/community. Considering that there is already a thinly substantiated (at best) stigma/perception that they're money grubbers out to nickel-n-dime us, they may be cautious of introducing new items for sale while there are bugs waiting to be fixed and other planned additions or fixes to the game that have been announced (whether officially or via Charon cryptology) but are yet to be completed. It may potentially send the wrong message and add fuel to the "money grubbing" accusations.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not personally invested in this topic either way. I rarely send items in the mail anyway. I just try and play devils advocate sometimes and remind people of factors that are commonly overlooked that make a lot of seemingly simple requests be more difficult to grant than they appear.
    • Like x 1