[Suggestion] the inventory on 1 "page" is no longer enough !!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I think that the inventory system or rather the inventory expansion system is becoming obsolete, considering all the stuff we now have to store in our inventory.

Between the various catalysts from the various DLCs, the multitude of capsules that we end up collecting, the various trinkets, or even orbital strikes and not forgetting, at least 2 stuff to keep and even 3 with the pvp stuff, as well as the various artifacts that we keep, just in case, or even the exobytes, the multitude of items that accumulate in our inventory ends up being very quickly filled with a multitude of items to keep, for various reasons/situations of the player.

So yes, you can buy inventory space, but in the end, you end up saturated very quickly.

I'm of the opinion that adding 7 breakers is no longer sufficient and profitable in terms of purchase, in my opinion, what DCUO should do is allow us to double our first page of inventory, so if my main page has 30 breakers I could buy something from the shop that would offer me another 30 breakers of inventory. In the first instance I think we could allow a maximum of 3 or 4 pages, or more depending on what the players can achieve by buying extra breakage.

In relation to the current inventory and this possible change:

Either make the default inventory 42 breakages (sorry, I don't remember the exact number of breakages in the inventory at the beginning) and then the player will get the number of pages according to the number of breakages he has totalled by buying breakages

So, simply double the page in relation to the number of breaks owned, certainly simpler this way for the developers.

I think it's high time to have more space for our inventory!
    • Like x 1
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Is the storage mule concept becoming a lost art? I have several toons dedicated to storage of various bits and bobs I don't need very often, like tradable Nth metal and old crafting mats. I have liked the idea of having the base dispenser give out orbitals/henchmen that we've previously collected, which would free up a considerable amount of space...but overall, I haven't found our current max to be much of an issue at all.
    • Like x 4
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm all for more space, god knows I bought all the slots available and still fill them somehow, but unless things routed to those pages by default, it seems like moving things around would become more of a hassle as a result of this. Guess you could 'drag' items on page1 to page 2 by 'dropping' on a 'send to page 2' spot or something, but that might be a problem if subsequent drops don't route there by default. i.e. If I drop a 100 Nth metal on page 2, will the following 100 Nth drops go there and stack or go to page 1? Can page 2 be for base items only so all the 20-30 base items I get in a day will go there, or do I still need to go to page 1 and deal with them?

Still not a bad suggestion, probably better than just adding another 30-40 slots on the main page....just more programming and the issues that will bring.
    • Like x 1
  4. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

5. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Too many items are account bound. There are 45 henchmen trinkets, 10+ orbitals, 35+ pet trinkets, vault drops, PvP gear, old OP items, cookie buffs. I have every possible inventory maxed from the marketplace and I literally only have 14 or 15 spaces left in my Bank.
    • Like x 3
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Artifacts should have their own tabs like Augments. Trinkets etc that we've collected should be memorized in our Orbital/Henchmen base vendor that way if we delete them we can collect them again. I don't see why consumables like Seasonal or Ultimate Soders we get from Time Capsules can't be Account Bound. QoL updates like this would go to help with inventory.
    • Like x 1
  7. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

[IMG]

What are my options lol? Delete my entire Controller gear set or PvP set? Delete all the old OP items that took forever to get? Delete all the rare vault drop trinkets that you'll never get again because the loot table is huge? Delete some of the Henchmen/Pets/Orbitals? I am lucky that the majority of my SM trinkets are all on EU or I would be completely in trouble. Could also delete the artifacts then have to pay a few hundred source marks to get them again? why should I have to do that etc
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Which is why you should just be able to consume them. Then when need them they'll be listed on your Mainframe. Make it a tabbed system like they do when you buy gear. (Purple - Regular - Elite, etc...)
    • Like x 3
  9. Imaginos Dedicated Player

If they made more items stack that would go a huge way to solving some of the issues. Base items for example don't stack at all. Some stacks are also still tiny. Make them all 999 and that would also solve some of the issue, for instance probiotics only stack to 99 and they pile up fast.

Gear that's in an armory should have been stored in that armory instead of in the banks, taking up precious room. Of course that makes trying to get access to an artifact a bit more of a pain as you'd have to keep those out of an armory to swap in/out at will.
  10. Great Architect Loyal Player

No, but it's not necessarily a known art ;).

Once you point it out to people it's obvious. If it hasn't occurred to them, it's a Dark Art ;).
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

Do you actually use any of that?
    • Like x 1
  12. Great Architect Loyal Player

I'm at endgame. What exactly do I NEED to have in my inventory? Serious question.
  13. Great Architect Loyal Player

Why don't you just make another toon and send them to them via mail or the Shared Bank? Even if you have to buy a character slot, that's cheap storage?
  14. Great Architect Loyal Player

Do you.

You have a Bank. And a Shared Bank.

Have you?

If so, did it?

Did you try buying more Bank slots?

You can do the first one. A few slots at a time.

Yes, because something that people are obviously willing to pay for because of the restrictions is definitely something to give away free.

Whilst also digging harder into the Membership benefits. That gives you additional slots, whilst you are subscribed. But you definitely knew that, right?

Definitely.
  15. Caroline Dedicated Player

It's not about using it, it's more about the memories and achievements that come along with the majority of these rewards. Why does he have to get rid of something he got from SM R20 for example?

I'm the same as him. My bank is no longer usable, because I have all the cool trinkets and everything else that I like and find fun to mess around with from time to time.

Nobody is forcing those who don't want more inventory space to upgrade to max. Why can't we ask for it, what is so wrong about it?
  16. Great Architect Loyal Player

Nothing. I have maxed out both my bank and inv. Mostly so my storage alts can hold all the stuff I don't want in my inventory? This stuff is Account Bound, not Non-Tradeable. It's as easy as making an alt to send them to storage?

Go look at OC's videos. When he is not on Test, he does not have all that in his inv. It's elsewhere.

But the OP is asking for something that further erodes the current Membership perks - extra slots. And he doesn't want just the slots Members get - he wants to double the number he gets.

He does this every week. Post a ridiculously OTT demand, and then get's upset when he gets people disagreeing with him. So often, in fact, that I'm now pretty sure he's a troll.

I'll just put him back on ignore ;).
    • Like x 1
  17. Imaginos Dedicated Player

I think he meant too many items are character bound and not account bound. Armors are character bound, most mods are character bound, vault drops are almost all character bound, trinkets once used are character bound, so are orbitals and henchmen, artifacts are character bound. Far too many character bound items that should be account bound.
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I mentioned it earlier, nothing you saw in that picture, not a single item can be moved to another toon, it all cannot trade. Already when new Orbitals come out I don't equip them and keep them as integrated so they can be moved to a bank toon

As for using it, there isn't another player that tests and show pet damage results. If some pet was buffed due to an update or Charon decided to start buffing non-tier pets and I deleted them what would I do then? wait a year to collect them again from all their various drop locations? It's not being a hoarder as why should I be deleting unique items that drop and may or may not come again etc :(
  19. darry3275 Well-Known Player

There should be a second page, granted to members, for backup, orbitals, and trinkets.
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It's true that there is the mule system, but isn't an MMORPG supposed to be evolutionary? Moreover, evolving the player's comfort is not negligible ;)

I will grant you that. A lot of things could still be cumulative.

I'm totally on board with this point which should be worked on !