New phasing system

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AquiloFury, Jun 10, 2021.

1. AquiloFury Committed Player

I see in the patch notes for tomorrow that phasing to a different region will be eliminated. I know it wasn't working as intended. With that being said, I thought the ability to phase to someone's region (patchwork, 31st, BoP, etc) was freaking awesome. Is there any way we can keep just that aspect?
    • Like x 4
  2. Kestral Committed Player

It did not actually move your location to a different region. Just made a notification that interrupted your game play after joining a group.

Example: I was in the flashpoint and I added a friend who was in his base. He accepted the group invite and then got a second message asking if he wanted to phase with me. He clicked yes to get it out of his way but nothing actually happened.

Maybe people had a different experience if they weren't in a base but this was my experience.
  3. AquiloFury Committed Player

I wasn't in a base. I was in flashpoint and saw someone in lfg swaying hydra was up. I phased and it took me to patchwork. Granted, I had to warp to rally once I loaded in..but it still took me there.
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

It seemed pretty cool but it did like to warp you basically into a Void part of the map. So you had to take an additional step of warping to Rally. I hope they can eventually get the bugs worked out for this new phase system.
    • Like x 1
  5. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Phase shifting isn't teleportation. Unless the update was supposed to teleport from different areas now?
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The new phase ui remains disabled.
    • Like x 2
  7. BloodIust Active Player

I also enjoyed the ability to phase directly to a player if im in fp and they are in wv i can judt ohase rather than warp hod then warp wv the spawn points jist have to be fixed, was hoping that feature could stay excluding watchtower (even tho i think people enjoyed the past few days) idk ill stop now i feel like im getting annoying asking for the features thay werent intended to stay permanently or atleast be planned for a future event like hero/vil invasions
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was definitely an interesting experiment.
    • Like x 6
  9. AquiloFury Committed Player

An experiment, you say? I hope this experiment comes back in some form of phasing with in a different region. It was very convenient. Is there a chance of it happening

• Like x 2
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

I did like the teleport to map aspect of it, especially if the whole cross-faction HQ and actual warp-in point issues would be resolved. Couldn't warp from a base, but it was handy just hopping to the phase/map in one go. Made monitoring LFG for bounties much more efficient. Of course, it made those people not differentiating the two Doomsdays even more interesting, LOL.
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

It definitely was a fun experiment. One of 2 things that were so awesome I kinda wish y’all hadn’t fixed it. Lol
    • Like x 1
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

Wait, I thought that was intended lol. It's a shame, it would've been an extremely useful feature.
    • Like x 1
  13. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Just a thought... the incredible energy around heroes invading the HoD and villains invading the Watchtower was great fun. I think making it always possible would grow old, but having "events" where it can happen if players can figure out how would be a lovely addition to the game and something to spice it up a bit.

I haven't seen PvP so active in ages. And strolling around the HoD as a hero was a blast. You should definitely consider making this a regular possibility... maybe post a cryptic message in the forums that it's possible and let the players work it out.
    • Like x 1
  14. Jaelia Committed Player

Yeah honestly it was fun being able to go to the hall of doom haha :D
  15. AquiloFury Committed Player

PvP was DEFINITELY popping off lol. I also agree about the novelty of HQ invasions will wear off if it was available all the time. As you mentioned, maybe a limited time thing every so often where engaging in duels has a chance of dropping PvP marks. I do think that the ability to phase to different maps should be left alone (although possibly tweaked to avoid falling through the map lol). I think it would be a tremendous QoL improvement for the player base.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It worked if the invited person was in a public area like OW. From the base, no...it said something like you could not phase to that zone or whatever. This is how people were moving to the HOD/WT. Unfortunately it also dropped you way far off the map, which was a hassle as well. I'd guess that some of this was intended, but some was not and we'll see a partial return whenever the new phasing is implemented (the one that will let us choose phase and know which are full and which have room).
  17. Kestral Committed Player

NGL that sounds awesome and I wish my friend had been anywhere other then his base so we could have seen it.