Source and Zeus orbital uplink devices

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chaos Evolution, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

please make the orbital strike effects on these look cooler

maybe even the very original orbital strike could be improved but I don't know

I can barely see the effects
    • Like x 5
  2. Light Bender92 Well-Known Player

Bro I know exactly what you mean. Previously the Zeus one looked phenomenal but people complained that it was too much FX so they toned it down, but now you can barely see it. When used mid rotation on my elec toon, I don’t even notice it lol. And as far as the source one goes, at first it looked exactly like the standard orbital due to the explosions (which was bad) but now I feel like this is even worse because you can BARELY see it lol. Yo say it’s SOURCE energy, it’s pretty dim. It should look like the one that hit Barbatos at the end of DM, just smaller, and Zeus’ should be reverted back to its original state just SLIGHTLY toned down.
    • Like x 1
  3. Apollonia Dedicated Player

What's happening with these Uplink devices? Are they bugged? The source one looks nearly identical to the default. It's pretty anti-climactic.

4. Raven Roth Committed Player

Wow, that is bad
    • Like x 3
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

6. Brit Loyal Player

I use the Batman orbital.

I wish we could have got the LexCorp Symbols Orbital, like the one Lex uses in Volcano Lair Alert. I do not want my Orbitals to come with tons of particle effects and screen blocking FX pollution. I just want a symbol on the ground to show where it is.
    • Like x 1
  7. spikeat Well-Known Player

There isn't any other lightning orbital in the game. I don't hear any complaints about Merciless's lightning, which is more tone down than Zeus original lightning. Can we change the Zeus's Orbital to have Merciless's lightning effect?
    • Like x 3
  8. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I asked for this change not long after the change happened but here we are with the same crappy zues orbital.
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I personally like and use the void material one, pretty sweet an decently unique from what i have seen
  10. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

For orbitals, my biggest ritique is the original one (the stock one) should be powerset specific. Im quantum an feel the one i call should call down some quantum awesome OR make them purchaseable.
    • Like x 4
  11. Cozminot Level 30

I mentioned this in another post. I understand toning down the Zeus Heavenly Uplink device. But what we got after the re-skin is just terrible. I mean some people opened times capsules just to try and obtain that orbital. Some of us bought one off a friend or broker because of what it looked like. Now having gone back and changing the animation from what we paid for is not right. When you pay for something based on its appearance then it’s changed, feels like being robbed.
    • Like x 2
  12. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Its called “bait-n-switch”
  13. Imaginos Dedicated Player

On Orbitals: I find that the green lantern and eye of ekron orbitals look too similar. I can't tell with the blast if someone is using a lantern orbital or an eye. Kinda sad. The eye should have some sort of different effect to differentiate it and the symbol should probably be different too.. not sure what I'd do though /shrug.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You do realize that the Eye of Ekron is connected to the Green Lantern's lore right?
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

On the surface I got the argument that it was a bit much though I loved it that, however that argument falls pretty flat when there are plenty of powerset powers that are as distracting if not more than the Zeus orbital was. Electrocute in the electric set is a perfect example, as after the FX nerf if makes the Zeus orbital look sad in comparison.
  16. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Yeah. I actually own the first Legion run with Emerald Empress, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't look a bit more different. :)
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah. I mean. I don't know why they didnt just take a bunch of eye balls and drop them on the enemy.
  18. Imaginos Dedicated Player

LOL that would have been pretty funny. I think smaller eyes spawning around your target and blasting it would have been pretty cool, now that you mention a rain of eyeballs.
    • Like x 1
  19. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

yeah, some PS players are invisible to me on pc. i see their powers but not them.
    I often have to hit escape to see UI upon loading the group content.
    Cross platform is BS and I'm opposed to it. Bonus, several parent companies from launch to current state.... having so many chefs in the kitchen created.... good luck new owners and likely mostly same game dev staff. U have done great content. TY. AT&T news is 2 years out, and the license terms is outside acquisitions... likely.
    [IMG]

:oops:

Ordered a pizza....
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

i think it was a thread created weeks ago... trinkets should be an unlock towards a list for a new UI change. Not an inventory item. +1 to that aspect. Some inventory items need a new storage location per a UI change. Having all them unused items is dumb. It might serve a sell inventory space aspect, but that's dumb too. Store stackes of Exo materials for a bonus week, sells that aspect. The UI, so many creative directors over the years, platforms, etc. almost got an UI update with PS4 release, but it was shut down in 2014. They've made changes in recent updates. Hoping for more UI changes coming soon. with the membership update

NSFW utube: (i still store old CDs in this Metallica box set... including and not limited to photoshop 4, 5, 7,Vectorworks, Poser, Star Wars: Dark Forces, BF2, Half Life, interstate 76, warhammer online: AoR....