Multiplicity Evasion Feat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BaelinFishman, Apr 28, 2021.

1. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

The feat specifically states "no players taking damage from the Multiplicity Barrage attack".

I posted this in the dev discussion thread too, but who knows if a dev will actually provide clarification. I personally know a few people who have this feat, but they don't know how they got it, let alone what the attack mentioned in the feat is. Does someone know what the Multiplicity Barrage attack is?
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Really? Brainiac splits into three and fires a triplicate barrage attack. Don't get hit by it.
  3. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Are you talking about when he clones himself and fires beams towards the center shield that ends up bursting? Because thats Multiplicity Beam and Multiplicity Singularity when it bursts. And I've been in runs where that mechanic never happens and we still never get the feat. And I've been hit by litterally every single attack in that raid and not a single one mentions Multiplicity Barrage as stated in the feat.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Hmmm I wonder if there's a typo somewhere?
  5. BaelinFishman Well-Known Player

Thats the problem with feats in this game, some of them aren't very clear which leads to player confusion and posts like mine. I'm curious if anyone has gotten this feat and can explain exactly what the attack is. Because like I said earlier, no one I know that has the feat can explain how they got it or what the attack is.
    • Like x 1
  6. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

Can anyone explain how this feat works then?
  7. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Braniac goes through three stages. One is the multiplicity barrage where he splits into three and all three line up against one wall and fire barrages down the straight line. One is where the main Brainiac goes into the middle of the room and three spawn around him firing beams at main brainiac that do damage to people who cross them. And one is that he goes toward the middle where a ring surrounds the room and an electric beam is fired from Jay. Don't get hit anyone in the entire raid by the one I described first I would imagine.
    • Like x 1
  8. QBS New Player

NPC MAN FTW!
  9. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

Can we get an update on this thread?

I just attempted a feat run for both the Multiplicity Evasion and the Centrifuge feats and we have come up with nothing.

- We attempted to avoid red strifing
    - We attempted to not take any damage from the shield barrier that Brainiac forms when he goes in the middle
    - We thought what about the spinning attack that Brainiac does to charge someone, we still didn't get any feats

I understand that people are getting these feats randomly but that doesn't explain HOW. All of the wording on these two feats do not lineup with the damage taken in the raid. Can we please get some clarification?
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you attempting this feat in normal or event?
  11. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are you positive no one is getting hit?
  13. Stephen Nix Well-Known Player

I mean I have had raids where we have pushed through with zero times he does the striffing attack.

There was one time the striffing attack only appeared once and we all pushed against a wall to avoid the damage ( I feel we did this correctly but I can't say for certain if everyone avoided the damage)
    • Like x 1
  14. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Ok..so he didnt do the red arrows at all…so why does feat not pop? And we were in normal….can adev please chime in on this!
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You might as well just do this feat in elite so you're with better players. It will happen over time. No idea why people try for feats like this. The requirement is basically sobriety.
  16. AberrantAngel Committed Player

If anyone is using pets and they get hit, that will kill the feat as well. So make sure no one is using trinket pets, rsk, or artifact pets.
    • Like x 1
  17. Plowed In Loyal Player

Perhaps there’s an area you can have everyone (minus the tank) stand so there’s zero chance of getting hit. ;)
  18. Criminal New Player

Is that really a thing? Cuz if thats true.. Its good to know..
  19. Kilbane Active Player

I'm not sure which attack the Feat is for. There are encounters that he never does the line attack, and there are encounters where he never does the focused beam thing in the middle of the room.

He does some kind of frontal cone spikey multi-energy balls every fight though I think? It seems to happen after a spin drill attack instead of the flame attack occasionally. Maybe that's what you need to avoid?
  20. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Yes it's really a thing for this feat. 1st attempt someone's pet got hit by one of the multiplicity attacks. (We all dmg in logs on while we did this feat to help figure out who or what got hit.) And only a pet was hit... no feat. Since then when doing this feat for friends and league mates no pets used the feat has popped everytime we do it correctly.
    Not sure if it is intended to include the pets or if pets count because maybe that person was using the soul link gen mod. All I do know is when we run it, pets get hit no feat. We use no pets at all we get the feat.
    • Like x 2