ALTS and Artifacts = Sadness

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, May 11, 2021.

1. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

This is only My Opinion and experience.

Was about to fire up and alt today because I miss playing with the earth power set. Unfortunately I immediately become discouraged due to the lack of leveling the artifacts. I get it, it’s an alt but I still want to compete at a high level.

So I log off and kick rocks.

Any chance the new membership perks will help with this?
    • Like x 7
  2. Robert-Vim Well-Known Player

I certainly hope so! I have so many alts that leveling them all ( artifacts ) individually has been almost a madness. Glad I saved alot of money through the years of playing music. I need it just to level artis. ;)
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

Yea, it's f'ed up out here for Alts
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The funny thing about that stance is that if you put the alt away immediately, they gathered no additional Nth or source to have a shot at advancement. I try to look at alts I think I'd want to use and at least bring them in for the weekly big mark stuff,(so they will be able to get cats when needed) vault weekly and anywhere I know I can get some quick Nth (2nd or 3rd runs of Stabilizers pay off Nth in 1 min to 90 sec). The only way around gaining ground and NOT playing is paying....which is the disheartening part.

While some change would be nice, a good stance is any 'main' alts (meaning ones you plan on using at endgame...maybe not endgame elite) need to shoot for120 artis. 120 gets MOST of the better effects and are pretty easily attainable with not a ton of Nth and it's only a few SOP to get past the 120 breakthrough unless you have god-awful luck. Once your main's artis are at 160 or 200 (wherever you figure 'top' needed is), start shuttling the runoff to the alts and go for 140 or above and only eat on 2x Nth.

Now...if you are talking about 16 alts like some do...and getting to 200s....yeah, better get the wallet out.
    • Like x 2
  5. inferno Loyal Player

One of my suggestions for a membership perk is to have a artifact shared bank slots. You can place artifacts in these slots so that your ALTS can use them when your main isn't.
    • Like x 4
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

This whole week is Double Nth metal week. You could be running all kinds of content and getting double the amount of Nth metals so you can at least get an artifact or two to level 80-120. And if you have in-game cash, you can buy Nth Metal detectors from the broker to stock up. Also by running whatever content you can you can also stock up on Source Marks to get catalysts. What i'm saying is take advantage of what's available to you right now and not wait for what may or may not come later on down the road.
    • Like x 3
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

While I can see it being a hassle, it is not that difficult to get around it. I have over 23 PSN toons, 22 of them being alts and all of them have at least 3 artifacts in the 120-140 range, all from just saving their own weekly vault nth metal and using it during the double xp events.

I also have 6 PC alts, which are like super alts. They all have 3 artifacts that are at least 80-100 from doing the same thing.

My biggest issue with artifacts is that seals are not available in game and therefore require money. Because if you don't want to risk losing catalyst or if you want to guarantee a breakthrough in the later stages, you need seals.
    • Like x 3
  8. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Dedicating 5 minutes daily to the alt (Vault, stabilizer, free mark in each new DLC and one hit to the NPC in gotham) for a year, this alt will have about 600,000 XP for the artifact and about 1000 marks(1 from vault, 1 from DLC and 1 from converting DLC curency). if you use this during double XP for artifacts, then you will have 6 artifacts of 120 level, 3 for each role ... here's such an entertaining math ...
    • Like x 5
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While this would be an awesome add for us, I'd say we'll never see it due to the loss of Nth and seal sales. If done right a player can basically eliminate the need for ANY of either and still get artis to 160 at least. One big thing if this was an option would be that the arti would have to be 'on loan' from the owner toon...and that an alt cannot add to it or breakthrough.

I know some would say that this would still allow for seals/Nth at the same rate as people would level OTHER arits up, but let's face it there are 4 or 5 muti purpose artis which would cover 1 or even 2 artis for all roles effectively. I'm sure the hard core people will still want 20 viable 200s in the pool, but those same people probably have 6 200's per toon right now. I'd guess most players will need 10 or so artifacts to cover their whole account...with an occasional change out every few DLCs.

Good luck though....I can do with never spending a dime on Seals or Nth again.
    • Like x 1
  10. inferno Loyal Player

I agree... although I am not sure it would lead to a loss in revenue for Daybreak. How many artifacts do we have now and do we really see an end to it? This could also lead to players leveling up artifacts that they would never have in the first place because it wasn't THE best route. I see a possibility where players would level up every artifact offered because it makes their gameplay more varied, not only on their main character but also in their alts.

I also suggested that memberships should be able to unlock all the skill points in all their alts while membership was active. Imagine all your alts playing at the same level as your main with the same number of skill points and artifacts. Doesn't this add value to your artifacts and skill points earned?

Anyway, it was just a few of the suggestions I put down for membership. It's up to the decision-makers of the game to look into it.
  11. Eve YouTuber

The alts that have leveled artifacts for me are very few and nowhere above level 80 artifacts... It's a tiring process that I would love to see change to make it abit more fun to grind and also fortify...
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Other than the krypto soders which I've pushed through on a few of my alts they only get artifacts to 120. Beyond that it becomes a fool's errand of a money sink take your pick.
  13. spikeat Well-Known Player

My alts also struggle with leveling artifacts. They are mostly used to farm weekly bonuses and new DLC for the first few weeks. Everything from my alts are funneled to my main. Currently most of my alts have lv 80 arts. New arts are constantly added every DLC and I want to keep my option/playstyle open to any challenges.

A lot of players have already voiced their opinion with assistance on artifact leveling with the new membership.
  14. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Just rock 100-120 artifacts
    Its really no big deal.
    My baby CR skip endgame healer alt w/mostly purple gear, rank 11 head augs, 120 artifacts and 120 sp can solo heal anything non elite with no issues. Im not even a good healer im guessing. Its an alt. I dont play it, i play my main quantum dps w/ 500 sp.
    i have never looked up builds for ele healers, i just read the descriptions on powers an use what looks cool or sounds good.
    If i can half a** it an still solo heal anything non-elite then surely anyone else can put a little effort in an do just fine
  15. spikeat Well-Known Player

Which healing power are you using?

My alts still have around 120sp and I remember it was still a challenge to heal against the pipeline damage ticks in VMF. As the pipe damage dot grew exponentially, my heals lacked potency and sufficient power pool with low sp when I tried it with nature and electric. The only power that pulled it off easily was water due to the multiple shields available to negate the damage. I haven't tried healing much with my alts these past DLCs. I used to be a full time healer before artifacts and I can see/feel the SP gap.
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I was lucky in that I started worki g on my alts artifacts when the max level was 160. My main had all 160’s for DPS and two 160’s and a 140 for trolling already since 160’s aren’t too bad to grind out. With max now being 200 it’s definitely much more of a struggle. I feel for yall. For this and other reasons I have zero intention of making/playing any more alts unless they’re just for seasonal or tradable/account bound item farming.
  17. IceRaider Dedicated Player

I would love to see perks added to membership regarding artifacts but I'd also would like to see artifacts be shared between characters. This would allow for a more efficient artifacts combo testing system. Not just for dps but all 4 roles.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I repeatedly propose the idea of an unbreakable seal of completion in the membership and once the subscription is not renewed by the player, the seal will self-destruct at the next upgrade attempt, of course it will be able to self-destruct, without preventing a success or a failure at this last attempt.

Some games have a major advantage in their membership, of course, in addition to the shop currency, the membership discount and other classic membership benefits, this could be the major advantage of DC.
  19. Scytthe Well-Known Player

It’s already terrible for main characters, so yeah let’s not even talk for alts.

Seems like Daybreak are out of touch with their game, they have no idea what they’re doing with artefacts, pure pay2win, and severely overpriced.
    The amount of do you need after 120 makes no sense.
    Don’t even know why we have premium membership in this game.
  20. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Electric, just checked before coming to work and its got 116 sp.