Game already dead, despite this new DLC?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Apr 29, 2021.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tier 1 Alerts:

Smallville
    • Watchtower Armory (Heroes)/Hall of Doom Armory (Villains)
    • Ace Chemicals
    • Area 51
    Tier 2 Alerts:
    • STAR Labs Research Facility
    • HIVE Moon Base
    • Oan Sciencells
    • Oolong Island
    • Outer Caverns
    Tier 3 Alerts:
    • South Gotham Courthouse
    • Coast City
    • Stryker's Island Penitentiary
    • Arkham Asylum
    • League of Assassins Stronghold
    Tier 4 Alerts:
    • Wayward Souls (Heroes)/Soul Alchemy (Villains)
    • Batcave: Inner Sanctum
    Tier 5 Alerts:
    • Trigon's Prison
    • Family Reunion
    • Brothers in Arms
    • Mist Recovery
    • Strike Team
    Tier 6 Alerts:
    • Themyscira Divided
    • League Hall: Security Breach
    • Intergang Crime Wave
    • Zamaron Conversion Chamber
    • Avarice Impurity
    • Return to the Nexus
    • Acts of Defiance

Tier 7 Alerts:
    • Fatal Exams
    • Desecrated Cathedral
    • Desecrated Cathedral (Elite)
    • The Demon's Plan
    • The Demon's Plan (Elite)
    • Phantom Zone
    • Phantom Zone (Elite)
    Tier 8 Alerts:
    • A Rip in Time
    • A Rip in Time (Elite)
    • Underworld Trials
    • Saving Justice
    • War Crimes
    • Rise of the Bat
    • Earth 3: Injustice System
    Tier 9 Alerts:
    • Starro: Invasion
    • Titans Targeted!
    • Atlantis: The Silent School
    • JLD: Darkness Rising
    • Metal Pt. 1: Batcave Breach
    Tier 10 Alerts:
    • Metal Pt. II Damage Control
    • BoP: Volcano Mining Facility
    • Wonderverse: Crypt of Penthesilea
    • Legion: HQ Orientation
    • Legion: HQ Orientation (Elite)
    • FP: The Royal War
    • FP: The Royal War (Elite)
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tier 2 Raids:
    • Outer Caverns
    • Inner Sanctum
    • Brainiac Sub-Construct

Tier 3 Raids:
    • The Chasm
    • Power Core
    • Sunstone Matrix

Tier 4 Raids:
    • With A Vengeance (Heroes)/ Unpaid Dues(Villains)
    • A Black Dawn (Heroes)/ Seeds of Rot (Villains)
    • The Gates of Tartarus
    • The Prime Battleground

Tier 5 Raids:
    • Nexus of Reality
    • Paradox Wave
    • Assault and Battery

Tier 6 Raids:
    • Necropolis: Relics of Urgund
    • League Hall: Lockdown
    • Artifacts from the Past
    • Labyrinth of Lost Souls
    • Halls of Hades
    • Love and War
    • Throne of the Dead
    • Throne of the Dead (Elite)

Tier 7 Raids:
    • Happiness Home
    • Happiness Home (Elite)
    • New Genesis Now
    • The Bombshell Paradox
    • Unholy Matrimony
    • Unholy Matrimony (Elite)
    • Blackest Day
    • Blackest Day (Elite)
    • Blackest Night
    • Prison Break
    • Prison Break (Elite)
    • Brainiac's Bottle Ship

Tier 8 Raids:
    • Darkseid's War Factory
    • Darkseid's War Factory (Elite)
    • Kandor Central Tower
    • Olympus
    • Olympus (Elite)
    • God of Monsters
    • God of Monsters (Elite)
    • Ultimate Soldier
    • Ultimate Soldier (Elite)
    • Justice For All
    • Justice For All (Elite)
    • Gotham City Zoo
    • Gotham City Zoo (Elite)
    • Earth 3: The Panopticon
    • Earth 3: The Panopticon (Elite)
    • Earth 3: The Escape
    • Earth 3: The Escape (Elite)

Tier 9 Raids:
    • Starro: The Threat Below
    • Starro: The Threat Below (Elite)
    • Starro: Spindrift Station
    • Starro: Spindrift Station (Elite)
    • Doomsday (listed in the raid section on the On-Duty Menu)
    • Titans: Hive Reborn
    • Titans: Hive Reborn (Elite)
    • Titans: The Machine
    • Titans: The Machine (Elite)
    • Atlantis: Crown of Thorns
    • Atlantis: Crown of Thorns (Elite)
    • Atlantis: The Throne
    • Atlantis: The Throne (Elite)
    • JLD: Fellowship of the Arcane
    • JLD: Fellowship of the Arcane (Elite)
    • JLD: Shattered Gotham
    • JLD: Shattered Gotham (Elite)
    • Metal Pt. 1: False Idols
    • Metal Pt. 1: False Idols (Elite)
    • Metal Pt. 1: Monsters of Metal
    • Metal Pt. 1: Monsters of Metal (Elite)

Tier 10 Raids:
    • Metal Pt. II: The Phoenix Cannon
    • Metal Pt. II: The Phoenix Cannon (Elite)
    • Metal Pt. II: Into the Dark Multiverse
    • Metal Pt. II: Into the Dark Multiverse (Elite)
    • BoP: Clocktower
    • BoP: Clocktower (Elite)
    • BoP: Fire & Brimstone
    • BoP: Fire & Brimstone (Elite)
    • Wonderverse: Fractured God Sphere
    • Wonderverse: Fractured God Sphere (Elite)
    • Legion: Convergence of Unmaking
    • Legion: Convergence of Unmaking (Elite)
    • FP: Flashtastic Voyage
    • FP: Flashtastic Voyage (Elite)
    • FP: Flash to the Future
    • FP: Flash to the Future (Elite)
  3. llllDeathstroke Active Player

I haven't played the game in years and wish to come back soon but in all honesty, seeing ''dead game'' posts ends up making me not want to and i lose all motivation to download the game and play again.
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's the TL;DR edition:
    There are 182 Instances a player can queue into (this number does not include Solo instances, Novice versions, Seasonal Content, Events/Event Mode, Survival Mode, PvP/Legends PvP/Legends PvE), on any given day. The majority of players are concentrated/spread out around Metal P1, Metal P2, Birds of Prey, Wonderverse, Legion, and now Flashpoint. And all of that content contains Open World Dailies, OW Weeklies, Regular Bounties, Open World Boss Battles (Wonderverse, Legion).

That is a HUGE amount of content to cover on a daily basis, including farming materials for OP items. Then take into account that the EU servers has a significantly lower population, that players can only spend so many hours playing, that LFG is off by default for new players, that there are some players that won't play with others or who run exclusively with their leagues, that some people have their role optional settings set to give them the roles they need. That is a lot of strikes against people looking to queue into older content.

The game isn't dead...the players are spread over too much content.

There are a few things that together may help this big problem.

Adjustable Queue Size: Simply put, let people queue into older content with less than the currently required amount. If 6 people are queued up for an old raid (Tier 7 or lower) let the queue go through. Same for Alerts and Duos.

LFG on by default: There are people that would fight this for a variety of reasons, fact of the matter is those players know how to go into their settings and either turn off LFG entirely or put it in a separate tab. Either way, new and returning players need LFG on so that they can see when players are forming groups for older content and feat runs.

Up the rewards: In out of relevancy content, give those higher tier players a few more Source Marks and maybe add a small chance at getting a random Seal of Protection, and maybe an even smaller chance at a Seal of Completion. Players would be more willing to play older content they don't need if there's something in it for them besides the fact that the content is there or feats.

Those three things combined could very likely spark some more activity in older content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    antipseudo, making a thread saying the game is dead is not only false, it also does nothing to fix any actual problems. Also you need to realize that there are a lot of things happening at this time of year in the real world, which will mean less players or players playing less hours at any given time. Also, as I stated above, 182 instances you can queue into, with a small number of people queuing into the older content means not a lot of those queues will pop. That's just the reality of things.
    • Like x 5
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Don't listen to those posts. Now is a good time to jump back in and judge things for yourself. And if you think there are ways to improve the experience, come right here to the forums and give them your suggestions. Just leave the doom and gloom out, you don't want to scare players away.
    • Like x 10
  6. llllDeathstroke Active Player

Thank you!

You know what i wish for? just one simple thing, the option to let me solo Q up for any instance i want in the game so i can run the old stuff on my own for styles or feats or to even challenge myself and see if i can beat it alone, I'm a bit of a solo player most of the time and don't have anyone to play with :)
    That's probably the only thing i wish for lol, it'd make me stick around for longer for sure when i come back!
    • Like x 4
  7. Eve YouTuber

Exactly why I think those posts are absolutely ridiculous. They contribute absolutely nothing but scaring players away. Returning or new ones. And to be honest, all of his threads are like that. As Khalon says, "Doom and Gloom".

The game is becoming more friendly to free to play, with open episodes (All the time since Pandemic started) and of course Flashpoint (Episode 40) is completely free to play. They are reworking membership benefits and there will be more information around the summer. And they just posted that the CEO of EG7 (The company who bought Daybreak Games) is very invested and they expect changes over time and more listening to the community.

As for entering content solo - Teleporters are not feasible, as told by Mepps, but other than that - they need to find a solution to help us get into old content. Or we can try come up with solutions and they will try to implant them. Just teleporters are not possible. Paradox Wave not having one anymore is exactly why (It was one messy bug infested teleporter).
    • Like x 3
  8. llllDeathstroke Active Player

Glad to see more positive people around tbh!

Also wouldn't be possible to just Q up normally like we usually would for solo instances for example?
    I hope so someday :D
    It'll be nice to be able to experience some old stuff on your own, for me specially :)
    • Like x 4
  9. Shalayah Committed Player

Most people are endgame so yeah not everything is gonna get queue’d up. What I usually do is I try to queue multiple things at once. It drastically reduces wait times and you’ll usually get something to pop in under 5 minutes.
  10. Shalayah Committed Player

Just pug it lmao. At endgame cr you can pretty much 2 man it
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Myself and 2 leaguemates qued for all sorts of raids on Saturday and something would pop almost instantly. T8- t10 and like 5 t7s. US side, middle of the day Saturday. Well for me, it was like 5am for them in Hawaii lol.
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What server you on?
  13. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

In PvE phase and content, the game is very much alive, however when it comes to Arenas, PvP phase, lower level content, older area zones etc. the game can be seen as dying or dead, but too each it's own, I will not come on here and tell another person the game is not dying when it's all subjective.
  14. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

First of all, why not just see for yourself.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

US. I know op is on the euro side but just trying to help not scare new players away lol
    • Like x 2
  16. Eve YouTuber

Just because PvP is not getting updates it doesn't make the game less popular or dead. You don't come here and say the game is dying period. You are scaring new and returning players away. This is also not constructive and doesn't contribute ANYTHING meaningful.

I am not against PvP updates, but Jesus Christ stop killing the game over it.
    • Like x 5
  17. Outlaw Trevor Well-Known Player

I dont think the game is dead or dying but I do know i see more lower tier players than i do endgame players. A lot endgame players i know basically play enough to get the gear and then get back on a game like warzone before i can try playing DC with them
  18. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Those may just be end gamers using an alt. When players have 3 to 12 (some have way more than 12) toons, we/ they generally feed everything to our main which means our main is done real fast and then they only run highest content possible with a small circle of other players.

Our alts get put to use or pulled from retirement so to speak when our mains are "done" (they're never done but start seeing less playtime) because the challenge with a lower toon is fun. This causes players to think other players have left the game. But if you're on your least used alt and they're on an alt, would you even know it's your buddy? Would they know it's you? Even league mates will have some toons not in a league or in another just to stay in touch with other friends.
    • Like x 1
  19. TANK69 Well-Known Player

It's all about perspective. If you are in the EU PC Villian Side, you can easly feel that the game is dying or dead. LFG chat is just about like the same ppl (including the gold spammers), for the relativly small amount of objectives, mostly spamming the new raids. For example, I tried to make a group for the popular OP19E and OP20E raids at saturday evening and I just gave up in 15 minutes because nobody whispered or asked for inv, and I am just not wanted to copy-paste the same text to the same channel. I tried the on duty menu aswell, with zero rate. So, If you are the more popular side of the game, you can easily feel offended by the critics that the game is dying. But at the other side of coin, we just feel cheated, and frustrated. Even the opposite factions means nothing anymore, but there is not a chance, or even a plan from the devs, to make the things balanced or let the fraction change happenning, so... It is what it is.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Honestly, I do agree with you, there is no need to make threads even if you believe it's a dead game, and there are still plenty of players who enjoys the game including myself, I'm just stating that the game is pretty much alive from my observation with PvE content, that being end-game ofcourse.