A Community Update from EG7’s CEO and Founder, Robin Flodin

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

It also doesn't help when the marketplace is set up for failure by putting less than desirable items.

Put a black and white neon chroma up there and see what happens.

Those Freeze and and source uplinks recently put in SM, try something like those on the market place

I'm fairly confident those sorts of things would sell directly.
    • Like x 4
  2. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The marketplace could be something amazing. They could put up materials that are popular or at least variants of those. Accessories. Even movement variants as I said in a previous post.

If they were to get rid of time capsules moving forward. And placed all futures styles that would’ve been in time capsules in the market place. Than people would actually buy things from there.

Imagine. They have a new aura they want to promote. You can either buy it for $9.99 or even $14.99z and you buy the aura. You can then buy the new set style as a bundle or by individual pieces (bundle saving you money). Instead of more collections you can also put the gimmick of the set as a straight purchase. You can even sell a full bundle with everything in the set.

This would also allow the marketing team to actually promote sales of the week bundles. Buy the set style with the aura. Or the set style with the gimmick item. Each set is limited time only just like the time capsules and the locked styles return in the second chance vendor. You get quarks from doing the stabilizer mission instead of getting stabilizers.

It’s an easy fix and guess what. I didn’t come up with it. It’s what a lot of games do who make money from cosmetics.
    • Like x 2
  4. reb New Player

if i may, i would like to point out my view on how things can improve on a certain scale, from my experience at least as a player of DCUO:
    -make the game more friendly for new players, give them skill points that can get them a little bit up there with the big dudes so they can catch up, cuz not many people help out newbies for feats. basically feats of old content and ones that nobody does anymore.
    -bring back the color customization for the weapon attack animation :D just for fun you know, so we can make our hand blasters be in whatever color we like.
    -make feats organized and in alphabetical order, like make style feats in alphabetical order, make dlc feats according to the instance (solo-dou-alert-raid, in that order) each instance with its own unique color, so players dont have to navigate. like red, blue, green, yellow, something like that
    -please make the feats description to be opened in a window, instead of having it linear where you wait for the words to come up.
    -add a search bar in the feats section for better navigation.
    -make the game more immersive in a way that when people que for instances, they can get in them without having to look for groups.
    -please give us the ability to get in into whatever raid or alert or dou we like without having to have the required number of people for it. some people like to solo things :D (mostly for feats or styles)
    -bring more details for character creation and customization.
    -add a new feature that is "choices" where you legit choose whatever direction or path you take in raids or alerts, each with its own different ending and storylines. ya know, spice things up.
    -add a tad bit of realism to the game. ik the game is based on comics, but just a little bit wont hurt (idk if its possible).
    -better overall animation ofc with old ones being updated and fully upgraded.
    -add new mentors maybe? idk just a thought lol
    these are just my thoughts so far. i wont say much about pvp because i dont play it tbh, but ik it is broken atm, so fix that as well <3
  5. Xooc New Player

YAY!!! DCUO IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!!

I am best tank.
    • Like x 2
  6. Radstark Active Player

I think this whole Time Capsule argument needs some sorting, the last 4 pages are 95% about that and it was slightly tiring to read them all... I'll try to reorganize things to wrap my head (and hopefully not only mine) around all of this.

Facts about Time Capsules and Feats:
    • Cosmetics sell better with feats attached.
    • Attaching feats to cosmetics makes them feel mandatory to some.
    • Attaching feats to cosmetics creates more competition at the broker.
    Facts about Time Capsules as a system:
    • RNG sucks, in the sense that it's frustrating to deal with.
    • The RNG nature of the system increases the cost of items contained in Time Capsules exponentially.
    • Having Time Capsules available to everyone and the items inside them tradable means that even those who can't afford or don't want to pay for them still get a chance at the broker - assuming they have a subscription.
    Facts about the monetization system in general:
    • Revenue is important. The more money goes to the game, the higher the quality of the content we get can be. The less money, the lower the quality we can expect.
    • Revenue is generated by players as paying customers, there's no other way around it.
    • Revenue = average price paid * number of paying customers. If the average price paid gets reduced, the number of paying customers has to increase.
    So, these are the topics being discussed or worthy of discussion:
    • How much less would Time Capsules sell without feats attached to them? How can that lost revenue be offset?
    • If those cosmetics were available in the marketplace, should Time Capsules be removed completely?
    • Would said marketplace availability impact revenue positively or negatively?
    Finally, here's my opinion: now, let's face it - there's no way that these cosmetics would be generating as much revenue without feats attached. Getting rid of Time Capsules and having the cosmetics available at the marketplace without feats attached seems like a common suggestion. If the alternatives are having them in the marketplace withfeats attached or simply keeping Time Capsules but without the feats, it's also the most ethical solution for sure. But would they be cheap? How much would, say, the Wings of Sin cost? I'm not sure everyone would be ok with it. There's also the option of keeping said styles available in both Time Capsules and the Marketplace, but then the only Stabilizers being used would be the ones we get for free, and that would just leech potential revenue away.

The only way I see this working is if the subscription update grants the necessary resources to be able to obtain those styles without added costs. I can imagine the subscription granting 1000 DC each month and stuff like the Wings of Sin being priced at ~4000 DC. Not sure how many would like it though.

Everyone here is making great points in their favor. But I think there should be more focus on the consequences of each suggestion.
    • Like x 1
  7. Stefan Wayne New Player

ok to people complaining about time capsules no they will not get rid of the achevements you get from the time capsule items such as the emblems. you dont like it then dont open them otherwise stop complaining about something that isnt even an issue. what they really need to to is clean up the community in the game an start out issuing suspensions an bans to people repeatabling cursing,being or making homophobic remarks or just remarks in general that bash the lgbtq+ community. they also need to tackle an issue suspension or bans to people being or making racist remarks or flinging the n word around non racist or racist version i dont care. being a certain type of skin color does not give someone the right to sling the N word around . i have played this game for so long that this never use to be a problem but with lot of players leaving or joining the game i am noticing the uncivil behaivor on the watch tower shout chat an in open world shout chat. now i know what you gonna say an no i will not ignore them that just brushes the problem under the carpet. also you guys need to redo an fix your launcher i am now on the 12th copy of this games download because whenever i try to download it the launcher has issues an no its not my computer so dont even think about making any computer remarks. this game has so many issues that can be tackled but first tackle the issue with in the community first you guys have never cared or bothered to deal with the toxic community to clean up the community in the game that is why all the OG players who use to play this left . an also do to the lack of content like also when do you guys plan to take these bots seriously i cant keep ignoring them forever the ignore list has a limit what then...? before you pump out stuff fix your own backyard with the issues that have been plaguing this game for years then focus on pumping out new updates an content. i find myself not wanting to spend any money on this game because all that money an you guys cant even fix issues with the game. also i wont name names but a certain dev has had an i heard storys about how he has terrorized people in the past for not agreeing with him or just out of fun he will abuse his position of power by spawning stuff an or herassing players in general. i read an old story while back on an old forum about a player who got unlawfully banned an herassed for longest time by a dev who thought it was funny to spawn stuff an kill this player then when this player reported it the dev apparently didnt like it so he had the player unlawfully banned. again i wont name names but like i said you guys need to fix your own backyard an the community in the game before you start pumping out content an new updates. :rolleyes:
  8. BRainIAK Active Player

They should sell everything. As gamers most of you guys are only toxic tho. Freeloading off the server for years stifles progress and agitates share-holders/investors so when you say "WHY WON'T THEY FUND THIS OR THAT" o_O no no no no no. Why are you guys not both subscribing and upselling the game you love?. Because of the toxicity of the players antagonizing the people that genuinely want to buy or even "pay-to-win" breaks the game's own pathway to progress because "YOU're not putting out the cash. You're not upselling to people who will put out the cash and so discouring the type of player who want to... is very disruptive". All of you guys say "don't sell out. don't make money" or "make as little as possible to keep it real" Meanwhile they're supposed to push out AAA content monthly off of promissory notes of MAYBE you will spend??? Make it make sense guys. To add insult to stupidity; you guys turn around and sell those items on the broker for 9999999999999 then complain what should or shouldn't be sold by the devs. EG7 is your last and final chance to get those request and that community right. If this project is a bust; they REALLY don't have to care that much and can keep moving. You guys on the other hand will lose decades of the life you spent here if the server goes down for good :) So you should try to keep it running then ;)
  9. Eve YouTuber

Not everyone is toxic. Saying the entire community is toxic is just wrong.

Nobody told the Devs not to make money and I am big supporter of the game and the team. We asked them to take feats out as it ruins progression for many of us.

I am not going to read this entire wall of text, but selling feats is an issue and pretending it isn't is outrageous at it's finest. Progress should be earned and not paid for. No Dev ever did this to everyone, this is a silly story and that's all it is. Don't believe everything you read on the internet, most of it doesn't even cover half the truth. Devs still spawn stuff and the community loves that, so please, get this nonsense out of here. And put some spaces in your text Jesus Christ.
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Let them
  11. Radstark Active Player

On a related note, based on your experience, do you think it could be doable to update the game's DirectX API? Currently it's stuck with DirectX 9. Upgrading to DirectX 12 would have a lot of potential, just having DXR would be a huge step forward.
    • Like x 1
  12. AruEdu Well-Known Player

bUENA IDEA.. pero no ha pensado en la cantidad de ordenadores y consolas viejas que dejaran de ser compatibles.
    • Like x 1
  13. Radstark Active Player

True, it might only be possible once old-gen support comes to an end. I also didn't think that the existence of PS and Switch means that un update would have to be made not with one, but 3 different APIs. That already triples the work I had initially thought it would take.
    • Like x 1
  14. BRainIAK Active Player

Bingo

Everything costs time; especially development; let alone development from within a complex stack (Like a stack I know of o_O I won't say any names). I could even think of some rough draft simple boilerplate solutions which probably wouldn't work realistically in their IDE but for the sake of the position we'll entertain some of these solutions.

+ Speed optimizations such as connection speed grouping. In theory they could optimize speeds or create the illusion of it by grouping the fastest speeds together or pulling stronger network resources where it's weak by creating a "connection speed" reference variable from within their networking script and creating a public method or public static method to access the variable at the phase shifting to group all like speeds accordingly and/or however optimization see's fit.

- They then sacrifice our ability to choose phases by automating the phases by this method to group by speed and vice versa we would lose this very optimization if someone crossover phases.

+ In theory they could just update the entire engine which would "guarantee" better shaders, physics, scripting/API implementation, and overall graphics

- These updates will cost the gamers much. They will need even better devices and software because hardware and software are to be considered with newer API's, libraries, etc due to unforeseen incompatibility issues.

FYI:
    In unreleased OS titles I have worked on over the years I have seen games entirely crash on an update do to core API incompatibilities by technologies developed by parties that can no longer support a C++/C# script and/or UE/Unity plugin. We are always so eager to jump ship to the newest latest and greatest ( especially in the world of OS development ) but even they have newer bugs as well as errors unique to previous versions which in turn could null every advantage of the update so as to void any guarantees that updating will even address any of the issues we're trying to correct; adding to the fact of requiring newer/better hardware and software across the entire server.
    • Like x 1
  15. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

"Most of you guys" never equated to all just saying.:rolleyes:
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

This is absolutely a solution. Like I said, if the SP is part of the scaling trajectory then it just needs to be replaced elsewhere. This would be one way, possibly the best way.
  17. Squishy1975 New Player

I've been playing on and off since the beginning and still haven't been able to get all the SP that is out there. They should make a better way to be able to solo or buy the old skill points. Trying to do runs on old content is a whole day wasted cause you cant get a group together. There should be a way, even for the new player to catch up to the hardcore guys. I mean 250 runs on a duo to get 10 SP on the original content seriously!!!
  18. NIckNock Well-Known Player

Pivot ARP Take away close cough Good work anyway I would like to see collections being account bound feats to offset the character bound money train.
  19. Eve YouTuber

Well, I always suggest to play the tutorial to level 30 before anything else and get a taste of event version of content. Then you can CR Skip your character to catch up with CR and get a couple of skill points, but the rest is your own grind.
  20. Lil_Yummy New Player

I can’t wait! I hope they fix the PVP and add more open world maps!!!