3 Suggestions to make new player's experience better

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KneelBeforeZodd, Apr 29, 2021.

1. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

So, I was looking at some videos on youtube and found 3 problems with the first experience new players have with the game:

1) The first powers are the ugliest of the powersets and they'll have to play with them for a few hours before unlocking a full loadout. My suggestion is to let players get at least 8 powers right after the second quest of the first mission.

2) Most of the quests are pretty repetitive and not everyone wants to fully skip their first experience, so please add a Soft Skip option on quests. You still have to beat the bosses, but if you are tired of a open world mission you can skip it.

3) The initial styles are really bad to make a iconic character. I don't know for sure what could be done here since most styles are content related, TC or marketplace, but maybe opening up some of the lockbox ones to free players could help
    • Like x 2
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

1) Disagree with the look of the first powersets. I enjoy Fire and Ice and seeing people panic all over the place when using gadget's fear gas is fun too. But I agree with the idea of letting them get 8 powers, but.. I want them to be customizable.

Like.. when I'm leveling a new toon, I personally want at least some kinda shield or healing to skip adds or to just help out when there's no soder cola in my inventory.

2) Yes please. I know if this was a thing, I'd personally skip over the Second Half of the Felix Faust Mission where you know, you have to be a Zombie and rescue kids and break statues. That's arguably the most time consuming and annoying mission to run through when your leveling, and it's not fun.

3) Don't know about this. The Lockbox styles aren't that great either for creating an iconic look, the closest thing that helps is probably the MM set. All the other ones are kinda meh.

But.. I also feel like the new players should want to get to level 30 and climb the tiers or spend some hours/cash on getting the suits they want. Giving them a crack at the lockbox styles early would kinda devalue the second half of the game which a lot of new people don't properly experience as is.
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

1) They are not ugly at all. DC has quite cool animations in my eyes. Also, who cares? that's not the first thing you should be looking into when you start playing a new game.

2) There is already a skip to level 25. Everything in the game is pretty much the same even for end game. I do however,
    would love more levels and expansion of the "Tutorial" part of the game and more mentors. But this will never happen.
    It gets boring after years to level a new character when you played all 6 mentors 20x times.

3) Opening lockboxes to free players is taking away another Members benefit. What do you suggest we get instead?

If players wants better styles, they of course needs to get to level 30 as said above and pretty much grind from there.
    I started with atrocious styles lmao, but over time I collected more and more and had the freedom to create my characters styles.
    Plus, style unlocking really helps with that if you have alt that got a style your main doesn't have and vise versa.
    • Like x 1
  4. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

1) That may not be your first thing, but many people look at a game and want cool animations. If the first thing you see after joining dc is a almost invisible ice ball, that's not a good first impression, in my opnion.

2) And I said there was, but most of the "New players" don't want to skip everything, they may like to skip some of the missions and not all of them, which is why I suggested a soft skip.

3) Not lockboxes, some of the lockboxes styles, like the iconic ones and hero/villain related. A few years ago lockboxes had just 3 or 4 style packs, so you're not taking anything away from members.
    • Like x 3
  5. Eve YouTuber

1) but just because you don't find them pretty doesn't mean others don't aswell?

2) To be honest, they nerfed these quests so much they are so easy to breeze through from my experience with that, so I really don't see the point here, sorry.

3) I know which ones you mean, promethium lockbox. And the thing is that this lockbox has unique styles like the Noble Warrior one, Cybernetic and a few more I can't remember, I wouldn't want just any player getting them for free like Members does. Personally, I make a lot of iconic creation videos and I let players know which items I used and how to get them, I try not to use any time capsules styles, sometimes impossible, but I mostly try not to. I sometimes see some level 4 Wonder Woman or other iconics in Little Bohemia and they actually look kinda fine.

At the end of the day, the better styles are always locked behind paywall or episodes, and needs to be grinded or paid for.
    Though, they could and should absolutely revamp the entire Character Creation styles and put completely new styles, almost everything there is ridiculous looking.
    • Like x 1