All 4 roles should have their place in the alerts!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I am of the opinion that future alerts should be studied so that all 4 roles in the game can have their place in the alerts.

The dps, tank and heal are the "quiet" roles to be asked in all instances, but the troll, on the other hand, is a bit of a "pariah", no one wants him when it comes to playing in an alert, I think this should be changed. We had the SM, not long ago and there, people needed a troll or Btroll, could not imagine the alerts to come in this same idea or then, pass the alerts to 5 players to stay on 2 DPS, and always not forgetting the troll?

It is even possible sometimes not to need a tank if the heal next to it is good or vice versa, although there the case is still rare.
  2. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

While I agree to an extend, that shouldnt stop players from playing how they want. As long as you can make your own group to run it the way you like
    • Like x 5
  3. Vella Well-Known Player

In anything but current elite alert, I would rather the group consent of one god tier DPS, and the Tank, Troll, andHealer be Battle Roles. That isn't always an option though. Grant it any non elite alert can be beaten with 4 DPS, Even RW at 328 CR. The only reason for Battle Roles is due to the Damge debuff for having 2 or more DPS in an alert. Battle Roles if done correctly will produce more damage overall, then 4 DPS with the damage debuff. Depending on the team one might want a pure tank over a battle tank.
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

No, it was horrible when all four roles were mandated because you couldn’t consistently find all the roles needed. With it being the way it is now, you can just q and have the roles needed for the alert. And the troll role is still viable, moreso in elite alerts.
    • Like x 2
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's the thing, once upon a time there were no roleless buffs, and you need all 4 roles for alerts. Then came the problem that finding a healer, tank or troll made it hard to form groups or just queue up. Players were getting frustrated because running alerts outside of leagues was a pain in the rear. Thus Roleless buffs were introduced....so that if you couldn't find the roles needed you could at least get another DPS and give it a shot.

This was back when we had significantly more players playing support roles...before Artifacts. Now, just look how long it takes to get the necessary roles, and the attitudes of players, and the player insistence for high level artifacts. Plus a lot of these support players play in leagues or with friends that they have made, which leaves everyone else with no choice but to go 2 DPS, Tank & Healer or 3 DPS 1 Healer, or even 3 DPS 1 Tank. At least they have that option. If you force alerts to need all 4 roles we'll go back to the days where only people in leagues or with friends can get alerts done regularly, and everyone else will be lucky if they can run alerts on reset day.
    • Like x 4
  6. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Wait, what damage debuff? I have been in many alerts with all DPS and have never seen a debuff icon under my character name.
  7. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

It's DPS Universe Online. People don't care about roles and gear for roles, augs, artifacts, mechanics... and even good loadout. Especially newbies. All is biggest part of players do - run around and pew-pew-pew. That's why we had roleless buff. And hope one day roles just gone for good. It's such pain in the *ss... at first spending hours for search roles and than watching like people can't play. Devs not motivate players use their 2nd roles. Good tutorial for support roles? Nope... Even CR skip option anymore not grant dps and support exo...
    The game now is more like fashion show. Days of hardcore content is gone forever. Nowadays players doesn't like to grind something for hours. And even when ppl here ask about something like SM, FoS raids etc. In the end they just use exploits and hacks for finish it in one day.
    And before you start talking "Find good league bla-bla-bla", find it for yourself and maybe than you will stop asking about roles on forums. Ask in your "good leagues".
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For every extra DPS in the group you lose -12% damage. You can see it in the Actions menu under Current Effects.
    • Like x 4
  9. valiant Villian Well-Known Player

Wow. I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
  10. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I believe that only a few know about the debuff. Thats why they say stack the dps for more burn but in reality you are losing 12-36% damage output from each player! I guess they don't even look at the numbers they are producing and how a big change doesn't seem to affect them at all.

Thats why groups of 2 in openworld is best as there would be no penalty. But when you get 3 dps in a group... debuffed like an old banana, squishy.
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I believe all 4 roles are necessary to run the content. That's how it was designed and that's how it should be played. These roleless buffs really ruined groups when they came out long time ago.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Lately, the same story has been told with the tanks ;)
    Precisely because people want it to be quick to finish, the troll should be there for that in the coming alerts and if people want "express" experiences I invite them to play on mobile games!

Personally, I'm finding more and more pleasure in playing my troll Light, although when I started playing the game, I didn't like playing this role at all, maybe even more pleasure than playing DPS.
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I want someone to record themselves as troll in the elite alert in all dps gear except 1 op piece with 30 sp in vit the rest in might n power and a 160 amlet of roa. Heck id imagine they would breeze through the regular raids too.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You say it ruined groups, but in reality without them you'd have way too many people not running alerts because there aren't enough support role players for the overwhelming amount of DPSes out there. That's the reality of things.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Ok so heres the bottom line, trolls have their place. What your asking for really is to change the content so ppl are forced to play the game the smart and easy way.
    I have said it before and will say it again.......
    TROLLS ARE VALUABLE
    Those who say “we dont need a troll” may be correct. In the same way a healer isint always needed and a tank is not always needed. But these ppl are simply ignorant to how the game works. Having all 4 roles in an alert makes the alert so much smoother, easier, and most times faaster tha ks to that TROLL i mentioned.
    Stacking dps’s is stupid and those that do it an ask for it do so because they are the ones who dont understand how damage works in this game.

Lord help me, i dont know how many times this needs said....... theres always gonna be ignorant ppl that dont understand (yet think they do lol) that say otherwise and they are wrong. Changing content doesnt make them less wrong and wont fix their ignorance.
    • Like x 1
  16. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Someone gets it at least
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Honestly my mentality to people who only dps when it is so easy to dual gear in this game is shrug
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Dual gearing is easy, sure. But when you start this game and they have you as DPS until you hit level 10 and only give you a dinky ring and half mention your secondary role, what do you expect. Most players don't learn anything about secondary roles till they hit instanced content, and they're left to fend for themselves about gear and how to even play their support role. Some players come from other MMOs so they learn this system quickly. But now you add the element of artifacts, and it's no wonder most people stay DPS.
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think we give people too much benefit of the doubt. Every MMO is like this. For whatever reason people only want to pew pew. I can understand if this was WoW and you played a hunter for lore reason and every spec is dps buy here every power has a secondary. Most people don't care to explore the other side. In the decade I've been playing I've maybe met a handle full of players that even cared to explore the secondary roll or even take feedback about loadouts to better serve the group. Truth is Humans are selfish.
    • Like x 2
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Yep, and i totally get that. Thats why i suppose the game adapts or die.
    • Like x 1