Flashtastic voyage elite got 4 man completed whats your viewpoint on this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Apr 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zNot Loyal Player

Good reply and yes thats true, i agree with that
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Yea its true that its still bugged this thread wasnt about the braniac one anyway it was just about flashtastic voyage and what others think of people 4 man completing it without getting triggered or salty like some have already been and continue to be salty (typicall for the forum and the reason many dont bother to join the forums)
  3. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Literally every episode there are people who say that the episode was hardly tested and prematurely dropped. For real. Every episode.

As for my opinion, episodes will have bugs. They work them out. If people have such a strong aversion to new content that's buggy, they have the option to just NOT play it until it's fixed to their satisfaction.
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

What they run with tank ? what is this kinder garden ?;)
  5. DamageControlPS Active Player

It’s always the same names always trying to push the agenda of “Elite raids shouldn’t be hard!!” It’s always the same people trying to nerf things. Always the same culprits that come and defend the game developers like they do no wrong and god forbid you say otherwise. So I’d pay no attention to them most the people here saying the difficulty is fine in the dlc probably haven’t even done an elite raid or experience later rounds. So don’t get in your feelings FvE is the easy raid tank and spank and has the mechanic to be 4 manned and that’s ok and the other raid is still bugged out this whole discussion was pointless from the start. Go to raid feedback and put stuff in there what you would like to see, then debate difficulty with casual players who run normal but are experts on giving difficulty feedback.
    • Like x 1
  6. Yaiba Committed Player

Take them too long to beat the raid, so it needs nerf.
  7. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

It's 100% True. It's all subjective when it comes to difficulty. You think these elite raids are "too easy"? My league hasn't gotten through it yet. It's very difficult to us. Therefore, it is indeed 100% subjective.
    • Like x 2
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think what I'm about to say probably warrants a new thread but I'll let the testers handle that since I'm not one of them. I would like to but real life needs some attention too and 3 and a half toons is enough of my time. Anyways:

Test needs to be incentivized. The game is old. It has a loyal player base of "old timers" but that's the dwindling market. It seems to pull in new players quite a bit which is what leads me to believe that's why content continues to get easier. It's a business decision based on information we the players are absolutely not privy to. And that's how businesses work. Full transparency is rarely a thing in any business.

By incentives I mean things that affect a players live account, not actual money. Like sure, the test players seem to enjoy it but they're also dwindling so aside from hiring true testers, it's time to make it worth a person's time to jump in and give some help. Yeah, doing it for free is nice and all but unless everyone of them gets a YouTube channel, there is minimal reason to get on test aside from love of the game. But that love of the game already gets put to use in live.

My thought would be something along the lines of extra rps or discounted membership or even just a few thank you caches of nth. Would that get me on? Probably not but I would think it could for others? Maybe testers have ideas already.

Test time should be a full 2 weeks. Testers should be given appropriate drop level gear and should only test in as close to irl settings as possible meaning that regular level should be tested with a low cr team with 80 to 120 artis, 260ish augs and maybe half way head augs. Maybe even run the rainbow augs like a lot of pug players do since they don't know any better.

Elite should be same scenario. All purple drop gear at best, maxed head and lower augs. 120 to 140 arts. Continue to step up your gear as the difficulty level increases. By the 2nd to last tier, 160 arts and some elite gear. By critical, maxed toons like any end gamer would have. That's fair to everyone because even if a player can't run critical or a tier lower now, they will be able to either the next dlc or 2.

Running a group of familiar maxed toons will make anything seem easy. We grabbed some alts and then randoms from lfg this weekend and it was a disasterrrrr. Like just so unbelievably poor. But I think one or 2 toons had maxed artis and the rest were 120 to 140 range type toons. Got thru it (the brainiac one) but it was a struggle. And at least half the team is already full renown on their mains so lack of knowledge wasn't the issue.

Edit, left out sp. The devs would have to figure out an allotment of how many to test with. Probably 200/300/400/500 and keep it around 500 for critical also.
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

If content is too hard people don't play it. then we have no game.
  10. Miserable Dedicated Player

You can find it by searching for "ffe 4man critical mode" on YouTube. It should be both of the first two videos (2 POV's of the same run).

That said, it seems like FFE is still bugged on the higher modes so it might not even be worth talking about as the version of the raid that was 4-manned in the video might not even be the intended critical version.
    • Like x 1
  11. ItsSeven Level 30

The DLC is a wash, based off my experience, it’s pathetically easy. I know if you ask the same to someone who is in mainly in pug runs or in a league that’s more casual, that answer will likely be different. When I first heard of FFe having multiple difficulties, it was good to hear that it would satisfy both average and your more endgame players/leagues. Back then, elite was elite, you were either good enough to beat it or you weren’t and did reg, those days are long gone so it is what it is. The DLCs recently haven’t really been a challenge for my friend group except for like the first iteration of FGSe despite it being bugged and FIe first and second boss before it’s nerfs.(Again, if you ask a pug, that answer might be different.) Now we got this DLC that theoretically is supposed to cater to both sets of players, which should be good news, but it doesn’t really offer a challenge to endgame players. The issue I have is that critical, which is supposed to be very hard and catered to more hardcore players, is still easy, I’d argue that COUe was harder and that was easy as well. Now I understand that they’ll buff critical and all of that, but by the time they do, most of my league at least, villain league and friend group will likely be fully geared and have most if not all the feats so there would be little incentive to run it except for the occasional time we run it for fun. I’m just giving my two cents, I know this perspective is a small group of players and for others it’s different.
    • Like x 1
  12. Miserable Dedicated Player

This logic is flawed for the very simple reason that there are literally two versions of every raid (and of some alerts).

Regular raids will never be too hard, therefore we will always have a game.

If someone finds Elite too hard, they can always run regular. This way, no one will ever be excluded from running a particular raid. This has been the exact purpose of Elite raids ever since their introduction 6 years ago.

Before anyone misinterprets my post, I'm not saying that Elite should be an exclusive game mode for only the best of the best. Elite instances are available for everyone to queue and run. The important thing is that Elite modes be designed for the players that they were invented for in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They can increase the difficulty all they want the problem with difficulty remains. stats revamp is experience-based not stats matter. Dcuo isn't an rpg it's as it stands a mechanics only mmo. Which means there is no amount of difficulty you can possibly give these experienced players. Unless they make a whole new revamp with more key stats like a real rpg and still include mechanics. What makes DC Universe so easy is all of your attacks and all of your heals connect there is no missed opportunity. Same with a tank pulling its all gonna connect no matter what your hit chance is like. Take that guaranteed opportunity away and tell me how easy DC Universe would be. Bring a whole new stats matter placement system. have these guys with 600 skill points learn all over again that placement of stats matter. No more seeing everyone be the same or even close to being the same with the new placement matters revamp. You want a harder game vote now. And well your at it ask for a new gear system. tell them you want to start over at episode 1 with a better experience
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

It seems to me that while discussing the complexity of the current DLC, people have forgotten (or do not understand all the implications associated with this) about one very important point related to this DLC.
    Which one?
    This DLC is free for everyone. Do you understand? Free for ALL.
    This means that in comparison with the previous DLC, the average level of strength of the characters of this DLC is much lower than before.
    Anyone who has reached the desired CR, has the opportunity to play on any difficulty of this DLC. Anyone, do you understand? Free ACC for characters who do not have access to the mainframe, to the belt, to the money ... the premium who paid exactly 5 bucks ... and the legendary one who spent thousands to optimize his characters ... and they all have access to all difficulty levels. ..and they all want to try each difficulty level ... and if something is too difficult, I'm afraid an experiment with a completely free DLC may not justify their hopes ... with a decrease in the average level of character strength, alas, the difficulty level will inevitably fall, otherwise the transition from one system to another will not be smooth and can lead to collapse ...
  15. zNot Loyal Player

Agreed its always the same people.. and Where is the raid feedback section? I havent seen it yet. My threads about things like this get a good amount of attention and views that should show that this is a very important topic.
  16. DamageControlPS Active Player

Developer discussion page there’s feedback pages for both raids.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah looking at the feedback thread, I think the scaling is currently borked. If it ever gets fixed and people can still 4-man it, then I think that would probably warrant looking at. But the standard elite raids being 4 manned is... meh.

It still shouldn’t be possible in theory, but in practice some gamers will always succeed at the impossible. The story of the developer saying “This is totally impossible” and the gamer saying “you sure about that LMAO” is nearly as old as the video game medium itself.

You can’t tune your game difficulty to these people because there isn’t actually that many of them. The thing about the internet is that it makes the whole world your backyard.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Ah right, so people opposing your viewpoint are farming the likes and the people liking my posts aren't liking them genuinely right.

Perhaps if you said things people actually liked you'd get more likes.

The truth is you made this thread hoping everyone would come in here outraged a group 4 manned a raid and demand it be buffed cause clearly it's too easy right and that's the only reason they were able to 4 man it...

Unfortunately you got the opposite and people didn't care it was happening in fact people are encouraging it because stretching themselves is what these good players do.

These thread literally serves no purpose whatsoever and you're calling other people triggered and salty, yet you're the one seemingly outraged

There is absolutely nothing wrong with 4 manning content, if you're able to do so more power to you, again just congratulate them and move on.
    • Like x 4
  19. zNot Loyal Player

No its the same people liking your posts that never reply to these topics themselves also get some glasses there are many opinions on this thread that reinforce my viewpoints,are you litteraly ignoring every posts in this thread apart from mine?
    ItsSeven
    Miserable read their posts then come at me again.

Topics like this that i made get aton of views they are are popular and i mainly see the same people (like damagecontrol said) that argue against this and defend easy elite raid content.
  20. Power Surge Level 30

I mean congrats to them I guess, but overall it means nothing since the average player would never be able to four man it.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.