Old OP Collections

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lantern_AdamK4, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

I've been gradually working on feats, and part of that includes purchasing collection pieces needed to finish collections from older content. Last night I spent (if I recall correctly) 700 Source Marks on the two OP collection pieces that I needed for the Amazon Fury Part 3 episode. I went to look at Age of Justice to find there are 3 OP collection pieces that are like 400 Source Marks Each. Then I have to go back to Riddled with Crime, Earth 3, Deluge, Teen Titans, and Atlantis. I understand it's my fault for not jumping on some of this stuff when it was more relevant, but the amount of source marks that are required for things that are now irrelevant is a bit...extreme.
    I'm not demanding change immediately, because I know how hard people worked to get these collections and items and feats, but to spend 700 source marks for an OP ring and Neck that are irrelevant kind of stings for those of us who are catching up.
    Might I suggest a discount on these collections based on relevancy? The farther back the episode, the bigger the discount. For example maybe the collection pieces from Amazon Fury part 3 could be 50 Source Marks Each. The Age of Justice could be 100 each, etc. (These are just arbitrary examples) Either way, I think given that the reward isn't as important as the cost anymore, maybe a discount system could be put in place based on relevancy?
    • Like x 5
  2. tukuan Devoted Player

Agreed.

More to the point I think either the rate for the dropped collection items needs tweeking if they are say 2+ yrs old and/or allow us to buy them from the vendor. I know for me specific the shards for the Atlantean item are almost never in the vendor any more and when they are they are usually several 100m to buy.
    • Like x 3
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

They should cut the price on everything in the vendors once the content falls out of relevancy. At the very least these items should also be included in the source mark discount bonus weeks
    • Like x 5
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

The vendor collection piece is the easiest part. The rest of those collections cost a couple billion on the broker.
    • Like x 3
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

A Permanent Discount....no. There's more than enough ways to acquire the Source Marks needed for these pieces. A temp discount like on Bonus weeks like the one we're having, that i'd co-sign on.
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Are these type of things on sale this week? I need that 1 from atlantis also. Wasn't dropping 400 sourcys on it
  7. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

After a period of time, it would be nice to see the rewards or collection pieces themselves be account bound.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

YES! This too! I don't like that I have enough source marks on an alt, and can't give a collection piece to my main.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

They are not, unfortunately.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's just some stuff that's going to require putting progression on hold for a bit if you want to get it.

Getting a full style set off the Rare Style Vendor (assuming any purchased feats don't apply a discount) means you're looking at a 560 Mark expenditure. Other items like the Punk Rocker jacket or the Wonder Dog base item pack aren't cheap either.
  11. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Y
    Never gonna happen. The devs are moving forward, not interested in adjusting back content to make it easier for players to "catch up". Doing things like what you're asking would make it much easier for new players to cross that ever widening gap between them and the veterans (and I wish they would)... but that's one area the Devs just don't bother with. If I were you, I'd just focus on getting feat points that aren't so costly. 700 Source Marks for 50 feat points? (not to mention the time and money spent gathering the rest of the collection pieces) Not worth it. (unless you're a completionist and just have to get every feat point possible) I'd rather dump those source marks into catalysts for an artifact, which will actually affect your gameplay much more than 50 feat points.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

There's actually not, the ways to acquire source marks remains static regardless of progress because of a restricted relevancy window, the fact these cost source marks now actually disadvantages players who are getting them now with source marks as opposed to episode specific marks that could be obtained with more abundance, especially post episode before it turns to source marks.

The reason I say this too is because source marks are also used for other things such as mainframes, progression where applicable and artifact catalysts which can cost a lot.

Coming up with 300-400 source marks for a high time playing end player probably seems trivial, but for other people progressing through earlier areas of the game that can seem much more daunting especially when they're really only building the item now for a feat not for gear progression.

I think players need to earn feats but at the same time I think costs can be more reasonable, especially with that in mind for players to get things that no longer serve any practical purpose outside of a style/feat.

For that reason, I think they could be priced far more reasonably perhaps even permanently 50% of what they were.

I think the devs could also do with increasing drop rates once it becomes clear less people are running the content and the collections become harder to get or perhaps all collections could go on the vendor.
    • Like x 3
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Agreed. The initial drop rates are calculated based in part on the estimated number of people running the instances X number of times per day/week/month/dlc cycle/etc. Going forward from there, they really should recalculate using the exact same algorithm but incorporating the updated frequency of usage reduction as the DlC gets further and further in the rear view mirror.

I have a leaguemate who took a break for a few years before coming back a few months ago. He’s pretty much caught up on feats but one he still needs is for completing the OP Neck in Metal I. The other day I heard him mention running the solo every day. To which I responded “Let me tell you ALLLLL about the mythical drop commonly known as the Luthor Mangled Warsuit... LMAO
    • Like x 1