Dev Discussion Episode 40: Flashpoint Gotham City (Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Charon, Apr 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Greetings.

Welcome to Flashpoint Gotham City.

For Episode 40 we have the following for you:
    • 4 Daily Missions that can be completed doing multiple activities related to their primary objective.
    • 2 Weekly Missions:
      • An open world boss weekly where you confront Doomsday. This open world boss is more in line with the Anniversary Bosses rather than the Bosses in Legion and Wonderverse.
      • A Bounty weekly where you fight the bounties for the lion share of the points or you can solo down their minions throughout the map to get points towards this weekly.

Please leave feedback and bug reports here. All of Content Design pitched in to help out here as everyone was working on elite versions of all the things, so we'll all be checking this thread and addressing issues for our related content.

Thanks and enjoy the World of Flashpoint!
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Doomsday has way too many lethal area-of-effect attacks that have no warning. Charge Slam in particular double procced, killing me instantly. A teleporter to the fight wouldn’t go amiss if it’s gonna be this unfair.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shazammm Well-Known Player

This feature is the best. Can't tell you how many time I sat around waiting for groups to gather for bounties and half of that time was wasted because a group never formed. This is such a great alternative. Thanks for this.

I do agree with 9001BPM that a teleporter to the Doomsday are would be nice. I liked those in the last few episodes and think it should be a regular thing.
    • Like x 5
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Some positive feedback regarding the new style bounty weekly. Even putting aside the opt out via the bosses, it’s just so perfectly tuned with the moderately high count and the dense add clusters that respawn quickly. Rather than being a chore like earlier add kill missions, I can see this becoming the highlight of my week.
    • Like x 2
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Really enjoying the new bounties. I haven't played a lower level character to see if they still drop attunable gear but the fights themselves are good. They feel well tuned and the structure for them doesn't feel like bitter work anymore. I hope they still drop attunable gear though since it's a great help for players trying to catchup.
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

We'll get a teleporter in there soon. Thanks for the feedback.
    • Like x 2
  7. MiLady Well-Known Player

Thanks for adding a 2nd way to finish one of the weekly missions, by KO'ing 100 atlanteans. This gives people a chance to get the weekly mission done if the phase has few people in it or no one is doing that weekly mission.
    • Like x 1
  8. Shazammm Well-Known Player

Awesome! That'll be great. Thanks.
  9. Control Creed Well-Known Player

Well done, works nice with a group with support roles.

I appreciate that there's only one "big boss" weekly, forming groups and phasing are still an issue but at least there is less of it.

Personally I feel it's time for a two solos two duos DLC soon, I get it the open world stuff is fun to work on but I think some of the issues with phasing / group forming is due to burnout with this type of content.

Again, it's well done, not sure I get the hawkgirl etc thing... I'm not seeing any rewards or missions for that, kind of a cool throwback to the old school bounties, fun.
  10. Brav Well-Known Player

Hello Charon,

Just inquiring about the mission "Salvage Operation". Is it intended for that mission only to be received after the story line journal mission "Enter The Flashpoint" thus requiring two runs of the last raid in order to complete it and receive the op item before we can start working on it?

I would just like to know if the new plan is that players will no longer receive the op item on week one to work on but would now have to wait until the second week of an episodes release unless they reset the required mission before they can start to progress op items going forward. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely: Brav
  11. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

Regarding the Resistance Assistance mission in the northwest corner of the map:

-There are numerous Atlanteans & Amazons in the area who don't count toward completion of the mission when you beat them. Some do have the lightning bolt over their head, some don't, which is how a player can tell which will count. But there's no reason why every enemy in the area shouldn't count.

-There are Psi-Ops troops there who count for the RA mission, but don't count for the Psi-Ops mission (Overstepped Boundaries). I guess that doesn't matter so much, just doesn't make much sense.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Small nitpick, the atlanteans associated with the 100 weekly are swimming in air.
  13. NibellaRin Active Player

I'm not sure where to put this request but given how often we change gear at the start of each new dlc, having a tactical mod dispenser bot to carry with me like the portable R&D station would be really cool. I keep forgetting to put a few mods in as I go through gear boxes after each round of dailies and discover the missing mods mid raid or mid alert. Lately I've tried keeping at least one of each tactical mod in my inventory for easy access but it clutters up fast. So yeah, portable mod dispenser?
    • Like x 1
  14. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Dispenser bot would be awesome!
    • Like x 1
  15. TheSapphire Well-Known Player

The NPC's in FP Gotham sure love the lightposts. Every time I see this it reminds me of A Christmas Story.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  16. Shazammm Well-Known Player

They're just working on the I Love Lamp mission:
    [IMG]
  17. Shazammm Well-Known Player

Speaking of lamps, there's this little fella in the Gang War area who isn't attached to anything at all:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.