Brand New! Totally Lost!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by HeroGirl, Apr 10, 2021.

1. HeroGirl New Player

Hi there! I'm brand new to DCUO on the PS4 and in general lol, so I'm probably gonna be asking a bunch of annoying questions lmao.

Sorry! :D

Annoying Question #1: I chose Team Hero, with a Meta Mentor, Mental Powers with Hand Blast as my Weapon and Flight as my movement. How screwed am I, exactly? :confused:
  2. HeroGirl New Player

...Because I got annihilated by a pink-magical-winged-unicorn looking mofo in like, a SECOND lmao. XD
  3. HeroGirl New Player

He tricked me into a duel...I had no idea pressing circle meant duel; I just wanted to talk to the dude lol. XD
  4. Godyer New Player

You're not. Every option is viable. It had nothing to do with your character creation choices. They simply were higher levels than you
    • Like x 2
  5. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Welcome. :)

Ask anything. Lots of people here are helpful and will make the effort to answer your questions.

Also, you can edit your forum posts up to 45mins after you make them so you can add to your posts and don't have to keep replying to yourself if they're within that time. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Your two roles you can run as is
    1 controller
    2 dps.

You can always respec into skill points to any weapon.

Level 1 to 30 , it depends on your mentor , after those quests , there no more mentor based quests.

Alot people is flying, but later you can change , ( use marketplace)
    • Like x 1
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Hello.... Welcome to DCUO.
    You are not screwed... not even one bit. ;)

I have a few videos that might help a bit, ;)
    Here is my Superman Walkthorugh to get things started.... he does not use Mental but he is a Meta with Flight.
    • Like x 1
  8. HeroGirl New Player

What's dps and respec mean?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DPS is short hand for Damage role, it's an abbreviation for damage per second. Respec is another way to say reallocate or re-spend your skill points. Once you invest a skill point into a stat or ability you can use a respec station to un-spend your skill points.
    • Like x 1
  10. Godyer New Player

DPS, is actually short for "damage per second" but in this context it's used to reference being in an offensive role. All classes has the offensive role and one of 3 others, (Tank, Healer, Controller)
    Mental has it's second role as Controller, breifly controllers generally control the tied of battle in group content by providing buffs and debuffs this means making their teammates stronger, the enemy weaker, and also they restore power to the group, power is the blue energy bar, which your skills regularly consume.
    At the start I would reccommend focusing on 1 role as it takes time to build your character for a second role.
    Resepec is when you reset your skill points, so if you build your character to use a certain weapon, after a while you can reset and "respec" into any other weapon.
    You can also reapec your power but that requires spending real money
    • Like x 1
  11. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I would definitely recommend The Multiverse channel on Youtube, it is very helpful and informative and certainly helped me out when I was starting. Actually, it still helps me out and I've been playing for over a year.

Also when it comes to duels, you do have the option to automatically decline duels by going to settings, select Gameplay, scroll down and switch the Ignore Duel Invitations button from OFF to ON. If you are interested in PvP and duelling, you can push left on the d-pad on your ps4 controller and select nearby, select the player who invited you, then select inspect and you will see that person's Combat Rating (CR) and Player vs Player (PVP)r rating. If the person who has invited you to duel is a lot higher CR than you or is using PVP gear and you aren't, most likely you are going to get mopped.
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Old videos but the info should still be good. ;)

• Like x 1
  13. HeroGirl New Player

Thanks for all the info guys! XD

I just figured out how to share screenshots on my twitter from my PS4 lol; here's a picture of my character; ultimately decided on baby pink with a yellow star logo and a baby blue belt with baby pink trim and a yellow buckle. Super cute. :D

[IMG]
    • Like x 1