Idea: Daily login gift

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

In some games, there is this login gift system, when you log in to the game every day, you get a gift of some kind once a day and if you don't forget any login day, at the end of the last day of the month, you get a great reward bonus.

Couldn't we have the same system on DC Universe Online?

As an idea of loot, we could have $, accessories, like farts or acolytes and why not catalysts, and for example as a gift at the end of the month it could be a seal, in short the ideas are not lacking and of course, the system must make sure that it is not always the same reward loot, but nothing should prevent to see such loot in another month.
    • Like x 6
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

no no no no no no no no no...Please, this games is mobile-esque enough, no more :confused:
    • Like x 2
  3. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

We already have daily 1 free Source Mark and Episode specific currency. Not big but still bonus for login + bonus weeks.
    • Like x 2
  4. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Sorry brother but until membership changes this will never happen - I play a few MMOs and i get daily rewards all the time. Sorry let me be specific on daily rewards for other MMOs. Discount on market place, XP boosters and free styles etc etc
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As opposed to the free stabilizers, free vault run (assuming membership) and free ep + source in whatever episode is running? Sure...how about a free seal a day or maybe a random booster bundle OG item?

Maybe a billion dollars? I mean as long as we are asking....why not?

Membership changes are coming. I'd guess we'll find out then. Maybe the 'log in each day' bonus will be a part of that. If so, cool, because I log in every day anyway, so bonus for me with no extra work.
  6. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

To be honest I personally don't like to feel obliged to login everyday to keep up with the game flow and opportunities. I've had enough from mobile games.
    • Like x 1
  7. Berza Committed Player

This translates as punishing players for taking a day off the game.
  8. Kanniu Well-Known Player

Do you really only post two things on the forums? Either Impractical Ideas that are a complete waste of time or complaints that are either subjective, personal or nitpicking. Stop
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

This is found in most online games these days. There's nothing controversial about the suggestion at all. In fact, the Stabilizer run and daily free current content marks should be rolled into this as a daily login rewards.

A chest/lockbox should appear at your location when you login until you interact with it. Interact and collect your package of stabilizer fragments and marks. Maybe add some other interesting reward (like seals) too. Voila. Thank you for logging in daily.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Players already receive "penalties" for not logging in everyday.
    • Like x 2
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Daily Seal Fragments. Two birds, one crowbar. Boom.
    • Like x 2
  12. Berza Committed Player

A player that does not log in one day misses one day of rewards. With antipseudo's idea that player would miss the daily reward AND the monthly reward. That's what I mean. I had also played games with this type of system and that's what already happens.
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

However, in principle, you log in every day to do your daily quests, so I don't see how having gifts of this kind could be more disturbing than quests ;)

Sorry, but we are not brothers...
  14. Berza Committed Player

I am not against turning the rewards from the vault and stabilizers event into a logging reward. But the point of having an special reward that you can only get if you log in EVERY day is what I am against. Because if you don't log in for one single day, you will lose that special reward. And life happens, people has family, jobs, a life outside the game, so it's pretty easy to miss one day every month. So only that last point I don't agree with you.
  15. Shalayah Committed Player

I like the idea.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

There are the base pets/items that you can obtain that give free daily gifts; Isis, Mr. Mxy, Star Sapphire Love Shard ( I think that is the name of it, correct me if I'm wrong). Mr. Myx and the Star Sapphire shard give collection pieces that can be sold on the broker and traded to any character; they also give stat-boosting consumables that you can use. My guess is that the devs may lean more toward the gift giving base item, since it is already in the game system and would not need much time/resources to set up IF they decide to give us new daily gifts.

My experiences with games that have had this option is that it becomes all too easy to just log in, get your gift and log out, especially during episode/dlc "down" times or during events that do not catch your interest. Usually those "log-in" gifts cannot be sold or traded, are character or account bound and can only be claimed by one character. As others before me have noted, those who are not able to log in daily would be penalized and feel less inclined to play the game.

Basically, a daily reward log-in implies that only those who can log in daily are worthy of rewards, which is NOT true.

Question:
    Has your free time to play this game become so limited that you need to ask for daily log-in rewards so you can save time in obtaining them?
    • Like x 1
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

No, my playing time has not changed at all, it's a simple idea to propose as well as the gifts, possible to win, I only evoked ideas of what could be won, among other possible ideas not evoked ;)

After it's true that it's a system that holds the player a bit hostage on the game, but after, it's maybe possible to soften this system, we should not ask for 30 days of connection, but for example, 25 days or something like that.
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

damn right they do. i took a break w/ 8 months left on my yearly sub & returned to see no loyalty or badges despite paying for em. so since i didnt log in during my break, i was penalized & didnt get any rewards i paid for.
    • Like x 1
  19. Imaginos Dedicated Player

That depends on how it's done. Guild Wars 2 for example has some very player friendly mechanics throughout the game and their daliy login bonus is set on a 30 day group with bonus item at the end. You do not need to log in every day to get "login credit" it just credits you for that day so if it takes you 70 days to log in 30 times, you'll still get to the end and not lose any credit for that login set. Then it just starts all over again. Very user friendly and doesn't make you feel forced to log in.
    • Like x 3
  20. zNot Loyal Player

I think people that are members should get a boost when a episode releases when it comes to the head/episode augments aswell as the OP gear they should be faster to rank up for us.

And we get the items we need to make 1 of the episode augments instantly to rank 12.