Power redesign ideas.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Not much to say... but hey mepps can you pass a message to the design team and please ask them to redesign the way powers look. mostly every power needs new a detail overhaul so I'll start with electricity.

Here are a few concept images:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Also a electricity form that could be a new supercharge or replace one. Would also love a electric pet.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. DarkAvenger Well-Known Player

This would be so beastly, I always hated that they based electricity on Shazam he’s barley even a Lightning character more magic if anything.
    • Like x 2
  3. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

Yeah I don’t like the yellow electric powers either when 99% characters have blue lightning
    • Like x 3
  4. Berza Committed Player

Most healing powers like Galvanize, Biocapacitator or the healing rays of Arc Lighting are blue. What I would love is a powerset mat/aura that matched that blue.
    • Like x 3
  5. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

most def not a big fan that the only thing close enough is the Zeus one.
    • Like x 1
  6. BanesRampage Well-Known Player

The way i would have it is that you can color your electricity any color you want imagine having black and red lightning
    • Like x 1
  7. Magnificent Loyal Player

This is along the lines of something I've mentioned before and have been meaning to make a thread on it but just haven't yet: Powerset Reskins.

These would be complete reskins for powersets, possibly with new casting animations as well, and would be available for purchase through the Store. What made me initially think of this was the lack of creativity in Lantern power graphics. Initially they're great but after 10 years you would think your character could do something more original than the same handful of things, eh?

Lantern powers are easy, you can make themes on them for ANYTHING. Christmas (oops!, I mean "holiday season"), Summer, School-is-Out, COVID SUCKS, whatever. Just because Lantern powers can be themed, other powersets don't have to do that. So with Electricity we could do different colors (if DC/WB allows it) but we could also do orb lightning, chain lightning, ground lightning, thunderstorms, lightning strikes, etc. You could even get into some animal shapes (although I wouldn't get too far into them, maybe keep it a bit basic like snakes, darts, spears, etc). There could also be skin packs with electricity-based gadgets (Weather Wizard's wand and such, for example).

This is an idea I think Daybreak should be jumping on. Get a couple of good VFX and motion-capture/animation folks in and start cranking it out and let the profits roll in.
    • Like x 2
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

I meant to put this in the post but my work was splitting my attention.

A deeper system would also allow for mixing and matching graphics. What I mean by that is just because you bought a certain skin-set shouldn't mean you are locked into only that skin-set but that you could assign each power's skin independently if you so choose.
    • Like x 1
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Powerset styles are something we've been requesting for literally 10 years. This includes full on reskins of existing powersets to simple recolours. The UI would need a style management support cmoponent, and the feature should be monetized to allow players to buy (account wide) the new styles and to switch back and forth as they choose (without paying again) for something they already bought.

Electricity would benefit from a refresh on several powers' VFX and then from there powerset styles that would allow it to be recoloured, red, golden, pale blue (as pictured above), dark purple, black with white corona/glow (seen in a lot of anime) would all be well received by the community and profitable.

And other powers need the love too. I'm working on a project related to this. I'll probably post it within a week or so when it's done.
    • Like x 2
  10. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

--BUMP--

Post ideas
  11. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

With GL, YL, and Rage I would be interested in power design changes and different constructs. Also the colors can't be changed but that's obvious.
  12. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I heard this was a license issue about dc wanting Daybreak staying true to the lore about power colors But idk that for sure. But A refresh omg plzz we definitely need this. I would say allot of powers could use work and touch up to make them look better.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Hardlight in general should be revamped/reworked to be a more generic white light powerset anyhow. It's an actual canon powerset in the DC comics universe and characters like Dr Light use it. Add in a Powerset Styles manager and then you can move the existing green and yellow VFX into a Willpower style and Fear style, respectively, and whatever else DC approves.

In terms of revamping the VFX for a specifc Willpower theme, I haven't given it much thought but there's soooooo many possibilities. I know I'd definitely want to bring back the brick wall -- to me that's iconic to Hal. I don't even play HL and I was upset they removed that power. :D
    • Like x 1
  14. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Not a bad idea keep em coming
  15. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd play with gadgets a bit. I feel like the grenades should all have unique throw animations.

I'd suggest for emp pulse t be a massive smokebomb to take more inspiration from batman and impy when the character does it, they are attacking the enemies within the smoke.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

I'd like Nature and shape shifting separated
    • Like x 3
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

10000% and we asked them to do that back when they originally updated the powersets years ago.

Nature should be something inspired by Swamp Thing (the Green) & Poison Ivy. And Shapeshifting should be its own powerset inspired by BeastBoy (various animals with different features) and Martian Manhunter (various imaginary alien creatures).

Conversations like these always make me giggle because when we request new powers there's always someone (or a few people) who say... they've done them all, what could you possibly want to add still? And it's like, do you even superhero? The game hasn't scratched the surface of what could be added.
    • Like x 2
  18. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I've come to learn for a super hero video game a lot players lack imagination or flat out don't care about the superheroing part of the game.
    • Like x 1
  19. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

I feel as if we merged some many power ideas into single powersets.