Teach me about trolling

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xxHELLSTROKExx, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I would almost say that they need to give the controller role more damage stats on the gear. What made me really take not of the battle/buff troll thing was i qued into a raid and a dps was calling me out for being full troll gear with no damage or buff artifacts but amulet of rao
  2. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Yes most buff trolls run Rao, Tetra, and Claw. Please don't worry about the prec dps losing out because you are not using parasite it cog, they are still getting an increase in damage from your power dump (heal). Which will still be the power that activates your claw.

As for power outage by healers, really doesn't matter on the power its more the healer or player and if they over over heal or maybe don't have the sp to spec.
    • Like x 2
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

My league still has a lot of good prec DPS’s and we run elite pretty smoothly with prec DPS’s with or without a troll running the cog, but having the cog is nice. And there are still plenty of good prec DPS’s outside my league as well. So it’s nearly as beneficial to have a leveled cog as it is to have a leveled tetra. As you said, the cog relies on a weapon mastery combo to proc it, but that’s a problem easily solved with a respec station and an armory.
    • Like x 1
  4. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Precision damage and might damage are tuned/balanced (or attempted to be) with inclusion of the group weapon buff that is part of controller power heal powers. The claw or tetra is NOT part of that process. They are extra buffs on top. It would be a lot simpler and ultimately easier to test and balance damage if the weapon buff was removed from the power heal and the precision stat-to-damage conversion was recalculated to include the buff, but alas, that’s not the current situation. Point being, the roles those buffs play are not comparable.
    • Like x 1
  5. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I don’t know why one would spec superpowered. While it’s a debate on how much vit to sacrifice for more health to increase the buff, speccing superpowered is sacrificing 5% vit for little to no benefit. And that’s also losing dom and resto that won’t be strengthening group shields (not super important but still something). As opposed to a power troll, a buff troll only has to hit their 300 power cost power heal power once every 12 seconds to keep the claw buff active which significantly decreases the overall power usage.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think it just boils down to personal preference.
    • Like x 2