LPVE Ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aspar Agus, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Captain1Dynamo Committed Player

As Mepps stated, Finally, LPvE is a legacy system that did not end up as popular as we would have liked, but lingers because some players do like it and there are these rewards to be gained.

As a legacy system, LPVE will never be updated, changed or fixed. In most businesses Legacy systems are phased out over time, however, as he stated some people like it.

Based on the number of players who make their toons as close to iconics as possible, I imagine that the reason some people like
    Legends is simply because they get to 'be' their favorite DC heroes / villains.

I also think that the reason most people don't like Legends is that they don't get to use their regular Powers / Loadout / CR / Stats.

So, what if Legends characters (for PVE) became entirely skins, with the player retaining all their regular Powers & Stats? These would be skins chosen for regular On Duty instances (but the player gets credit for the Legends Feats). That way 'Legends PVE' could be phased out. Obviously it would require adjustment of the On Duty menu, giving the player the option of choosing their own skin or the Legends skin.Might even be enough renewed interest in Legends to justify creating new Legends (which would just be skins anyway - and there's already 1000 iconic npc's in the game that could immediately be put to use).
  2. AdaptiveAndroid Well-Known Player

3. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Maybe they should hide the damage we do on Lvpe hahaha, just kidding. I'm really surprised that the legend instances take too long for you, I mean, I have more issues with the alert from dark league (even with people with 300+ cr) than any legend alert.

But yes, I totally agree with that they must fix them (if something is broken) but also want more. I suppose this is the classic "agree to disagree".

Is this true? I hope it is not but...if it is...well, that's a dissapointment for me.

In my case this would be a totally no (I know you didn't asked for my opinion but I'm giving it anyway), I have the regular alerts for that and I can use the plastic masks to look like a legend (almost the mentor one's)
    • Like x 1
  4. Eve YouTuber

They take about good 10 minutes if I have a good group I'm usually toping the scoreboard with Bombshell Diana lol. They are just not rewarding enough for how time consuming they are.

And yeah don't worry, It's totally fine to agree to disagree ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Do you have a link to that quote from Mepps? I want to share it with my League.
  6. Eve YouTuber

hm... "As a legacy system, LPVE will never be updated, changed or fixed. In most businesses Legacy systems are phased out over time, however, as he stated some people like it."Mepps never said it won't be updated. He even said they can add new skins. And adjusting damage shouldn't be much of a issue at all, and won't require too much from them either. Where did he state that "They will never, even update, change or fix it"? Because if people ask for new skins and he says It's possible, it means it can\will get updated. So it makes no sense whatsoever.

And legend characters themselves got updated (when Cheetah and Catwoman were broken, they got fixed, it took awhile but they got fixed. They overperformed in both LPVE and LPVP. That makes it a Fix.)

[IMG]

So that statement of never getting updated, fixed or updated is wrong and misleading.
    • Like x 1