Survival Mode coming in March!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Aha, then I have another question, we will have the same currency as in the previous SM, will I be able to use the remaining currency from the previous SM, or will there be a new one?
  2. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Is this lineup order changed because they were "too harsh" for general playerbase or to make even numbered rounds more challenging compared to odd numbered ones since even numbered ones are checkpoints?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The lineup is changed to make it more interesting/different. We expect to make 5 & 10 new each time SM comes around.
    • Like x 3
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Same currency as last time, Data Chips.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To add to this for context:
    • Season 2 will fight in the same arena as Season 1
    • Season 2 will use the same currency as Season 1
    • Season 1-specific rewards will be there *only for people who played and got to whatever round necessary in Season 1*
    • We'll still have the same structure where rewards unlock on the vendor for purchase as you reach certain rounds
    • In a lot of ways, Season 2 is following Season 1 closely, with new rewards, fixed bugs, and more accessibility/easier owies in the lower rounds.
    • Like x 3
  6. IcyStone Well-Known Player

Will you keep this map/theme for every season?
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We haven't planned out all the seasons. Possibly yes, possibly no.
    • Like x 2
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah, kinda disappointed that I won’t get another chance to unlock the shadow bat, but the organic vampire bat you gave us for halloween makes up for it. Can we get the vampire bat on the vendor next halloween onwards?
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I hope there's a chace to do it with pugs then MABYE I will do it.
    • Like x 2
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

I have plans for those types of combat pets which include making the Vampire Bat accessible to players that missed it in October.
    • Like x 3
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It sounds like they’ve taken some of last year’s advice to make early rounds farmable. After all, if groups couldn’t even make it past the first boss, then they certainly weren’t going to pay money to reset anything for vendor marks.

It’s a wise change, and I appreciate it
    • Like x 2
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

We will also monitor accessibility for the early rounds and make adjustments quickly if things are not inline with our goals.
    • Like x 5
  13. BloodIust Active Player

Will there be another reward like the lunge... I mean zeus crown from season 1? If so will it be to only the highest 3 rounds or will there be 1 every 10 levels? Is there a new drop from bosses i know the horns are returning from minotaur but is there another one?
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

There are unique rewards for reaching 30 but you have to have had done the previous 29 levels to achieve it. The old crowns will not return and there is no tiers of crowns. This Season - do all 30 levels to actually get THE crown.
    • Like x 1
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

So we get multiple rewards for beating level 30? If so does everyone receive the same rewards
  16. Charon Lead Content Designer

New trophies, new titles, new crown. You do not have access to old trophies, titles, or crowns. These will change each season, although the crown object may change to something other than a crown in future seasons - TBD.

You get a singular reward for 30. I misspoke on that. You get one crown only if you beat all of SM.
    • Like x 5
  17. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

I've never been able to do SM as I've never been the cr or stats for it as it was happening, so I have no idea what it's like. Pretty cool it's more accessible and I might have a chance to at least dip a toe in this time. Can any of the rewards be style unlocked if I get them on one toon but then want them for another that couldn't do SM due to being under cr or being made after it ended?
    • Like x 1
  18. Charon Lead Content Designer

CR Entry will be the same for Legion. Currently the styles aren't unlockable but I don't see why they can't be in the next style unlock phase. There aren't many styles that qualify for unlock. I think just the Abyssal Horns for now - the rest are auras, materials, and the like, but who knows what the future holds.
    • Like x 6
  19. Charlieboy Well-Known Player

Here we go with another round on LFG for 'Prec or Gadgets DPS, min 500sp for SM'r1. I just remember spending more time trying to get in a group than actually running the content. I would go in support role but if its the same as last season a troll wasn't factored into the play.

Fingers crossed this season will be better.
    • Like x 1
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

• Like x 3