Mail cash...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lightnings Revenge, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

I would like to be able to send money to my other characters. unfair to the people who do the right things.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's never getting turned back on. There was talk of looking into a new feature that let's you move money between characters. The easiest thing you can do now is trade the money to someone you trust and have them trade it to your other character.
    • Like x 2
  3. Lightnings Revenge Committed Player

Don't know many dcuo players to trust with my cash
  4. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I just bank my alts some furniture and collections to broker and as they make more, I give em the higher end items so they can get into the high millions It's time consuming and a little tedious but It's secure and in-game legal. (besides, my first time mailing cash, I spelled the name wrong and it went out by the time I realized my mistake it was too late (I never even got a thank you from the player that got the cash)
    • Like x 1
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Years ago I mailed quite a big payday to someone who had a near identical name to my main toon who must've been in the League I was associated with. Luckily they had left the game so 60 or 90 days later the mail returned my cash. But I know how it feels to do that and now I like double or even triple check my mail when I send alts stuff now.
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Getting cash from one character to an alt is soooooooo easy that they really should just reopen the mail.

If you haven't figured it out....

I don't want to tell you how, as I don't want to be accused of advertising what might be deemed as a "cheat"... I don't think it is a cheat (it's pretty basic).... but...
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

https://www.daybreakgames.com/terms-of-service

"CHEATING
    Maintaining the integrity of the Daybreak Games is extremely important to us. When an end user obtains an unfair advantage by cheating it can ruin the gaming experience for everybody else. You may not disassemble, reverse engineer, or modify any Daybreak Game(s) software in any way. You may not decrypt or modify any data transmitted between the game software and Daybreak’s game servers. You may not develop, share, or use any software, program, macro, or interface that modifies the game play in any way or that gives a user any kind of advantage over other end users, except as expressly authorized by Daybreak. All forms and methods of cheating, including hacks, bots, aimbots, and duping are expressly forbidden. The sale or exchange of accounts, Virtual Items, Virtual Currency, Krono and/or in-game currency for real world money or monetary value is prohibited, except when purchased from Daybreak or otherwise expressly permitted by Daybreak in its sole and absolute discretion. Daybreak reserves the right to suspend or permanently terminate the account of, and restrict access to the Daybreak Games by, any end user that engages in any form of cheating, or that attempts in any way to disable, circumvent, or tamper with any anti-hacking or anti-cheating components or features of any Daybreak Game(s)."

Questions?
  8. EP Ice Loyal Player

Just consolidate and make cash account bound. That way, all toons have access.
    • Like x 5
  9. The Con Dedicated Player

10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That must be lonely. The other method (and only method if you are moving from a villain to hero or vice-versa) is to broker an item on the toon that needs the cash, then buy it on the toon that has the cash. You can either A) list something of no value very high (400 mil for a Soder?) or list something of value at a decent price and if it sells, great, otherwise buy it on your other toon as the listing is close to expiring or whenever you feel like it. Unfortunately this method eats 5% for the broker listing fee, so it's basically a tax to get your own money...which is bogus, but it's a method where you don't need to trust anyone. BTW, if this is what was being referred to as a possible 'cheat', it's not.

Account shared cash would be fine for members, but how do you deal with it on Premiums and F2P? As all their toons would dig from the same cash pool, does that mean their wallets refill per toon, and does it refill every character swap or login, or is it that every toon on the account has the same wallet...once they are broke, they are broke on all toons till it's refilled?

A better option is a shared cash slot in the bank. It would allow for moving money between toons (even opposite faction) and could be made a member benefit (like trading cash is and mailing was) so Premium and F2P can continue as is with their wallets and refilling normally by running missions or selling crap to vendors.
    • Like x 3
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I don't know if anyone mentioned in this thread (sorry, sorry ... I'm too lazy to read everything;)), but another option is possible, from which you can buy Account bound tokens with different values (as exaples 100k, 1m, 10m, 100m) and place them in a shared bank, from where they will be taken be alts and sold for the same cost ... such a system is faster to create than analogues ...
    • Like x 2
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That doesn't sound bad at all.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Seems ok, but somehow I'd guess that one is easier to exploit than just a shared bank cash slot. I picture it using the 'trade' function where the other person is the bank vs a stranger. It's already coded to avoid theft/cheats with the 2 second delay and limited cash size (I'd say keep the cap at 2B unless the hand to hand trade also goes up over 2B). you'd just open the 'deposit' or 'withdraw' option and the bank would assume the other side of the tranaction...fill in 2B on the bank side for withdraw...fill in 2B on your side for deposit...wait 2 seconds, then accept.
  14. Proxystar #Perception

The solution is simply to make cash account bound across your account the same as stabilizers, ends issue.

This imo really comes down to the devs wanting to spend the time to implement the fix.
    • Like x 3
  15. mouseymouse1976 Active Player

I know how you feel been there done that. right after I hit send was when I realized it and I was like "Omg what have I done":eek: It felt like I had been punched in the stomach.Doing something like that makes you more cautious lol.:)
    • Like x 1
  16. Aspirit Active Player

Cash account wide is the future
  17. Imaginos Dedicated Player

Christ! I wish! So many things in this game that are character only, should be account bound instead. Make life easier for alt-itis.
  18. BƖack Dedicated Player

I wish there was something like we could deposit our cash to the bank/shared bank.:cool:
  19. the solowing Unwavering Player

That be crazy difficult to prove regardless since Daybreak cant see a transaction history of anything outside of the game. Players trading items on Cashapp? Or PSN cards? Been a pretty obvious open secret that some players use DCUO as a side hustle, selling their items for real money.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It would probably have to be reported beforehand and the suspected person's account would be flagged. Chat logs and other activity would be reviewed. Difficult to prove but not impossible.