Either you gotta stop giving us new Orbitals, Supply Drops & Henchmen or make these changes:

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Caroline, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Proxystar #Perception

I was actually just thinking this the other day.

These orbitals and henchmen are starting to pile up for sure.

I think there's things all of us can do to optimize our inventories, but these things do pile up

Ive already salvaged OP gear myself for space, but totally get why you're keeping it for nostalgia, I was doing the same.

Some people like to collect things, it's just a part of some people's characteristics and nature and it's perfectly fine.

I was actually thinking of deleting henchmen soon that I can rebuy from vendors as a start, but I'd rather not, if there's a better solution.

Perhaps we could have a vendor where a player can just buy everything back for free if they've already collected it, including even our SM pets etc.

To the people in this thread basically attacking Caroline, seriously all Caroline is after is a QOL improvement, it's none of your business whether you think they have too many artifacts or are mismanaging their inventory.

The reality is, a bunch of us top end players do collect a lot of things and do use a lot of bank and inventory space, Caroline's request is entirely reasonable.
    • Like x 7
  2. Caroline Dedicated Player

Thank you, feels good getting some understanding! :)
    • Like x 2
  3. NetworkOrBotnetGoodOrEvil Level 30

You know what... Do you guys actually collect just EVERYTHING? I'm one of those people who has a dozen alts and I was only going to pick the stuff that I felt fit my character thematically... But If you all just collect everything, I figure you're bound to run out of inventory space... Crazy and cool as it sounds... I'd love some of that inventory space though, it feels like it's too small... But I guess base dispensers it is, whenever that comes out.

And ugh, yeah on Caroline's detractors... There's people here that think "I think, therefore I am" is a valuable argument even if you don't contribute anything to the conversation, it's really annoying.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aesthete Well-Known Player

I actually just stopped collecting them. I was having this same problem and honestly didn't want to deal with it anymore. Not even sure why there's a small limit on shared bank either, making it even more tedious to transfer things over to alts. I'm really hoping there's an increase on space in the future. But until then, no more orbitals or henchmen for me.

I also found it quite strange that people are attacking you as well. We're 10 years into this game, so much content and collectables are available... Advocating for more space would be the most reasonable thing to do.
    • Like x 3
  5. Caroline Dedicated Player

Yes, I have every single supply drop, every single orbital & every single henchmen :D. I have all MP & Vault toys & trinkets, a lot of SM pets & all sorts of Seasonal vendors stuff. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Caroline Dedicated Player

I don't care whether they attack me or not. From my perspective, they're basic players who barely know anything when it comes to the game, so they feel entitled to say ******** like that without even trying to walk in my shoes.
    • Like x 2
  7. doctorseptic New Player

I contend also that with more tabs (which are definitely needed, regardless of payment, in game payment, or however they're acquired); a tab/slot UI edit or streamlining would be helpful. Especially with the newer folks.
    • Like x 1
  8. tukuan Devoted Player

I would think the easiest solution is that once you equip an orbital, supply drop or henchmen trinket it gets added to your lair vendor. This would address both inventory as well as accidental deletion.

EDIT: I see that was Charon's comment already.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You'd be surprised, some of us have been playing 10 years, the more you play, the more you collect, eventually untradeable stuff you want on your main does mount up and no number of alts saves that.

If anything a quick solution is to increase bank space a lot if not inventory, that would help greatly.
    • Like x 3
  10. fm0987 Committed Player

A trinket “dispenser” maybe? Sort of like your base dispenser but it keeps track of all the pet trinkets, form changes trinkets etc etc you’ve collected so you can delete/ reacquire them. Or maybe somehow tie them to the redeem/ claim feature of the marketplace even.
  11. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

Yes give us more space but you can add some digit to broker becouse 10 years of "glitching" brought to the game so much money now people need to spam chat : "WTS>BAG OF DEEGS FOR 10B"
    "WTS>Mepps dirty socks for 4 bilion"
    "Batuba please nerf ...potato is to strong"
    ".... IS A SCAMER WATCH OUT"
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

"Tons of workarounds" ok please indulge me where are my workarounds?

[IMG]

I have 14 slots left until im done, everything is not-tradeable so cannot move anything there besides the power token and face mod, nothing is account bound. You want me just to delete all the artifacts and then if I need them later to level I have to pay for them again? Why should I have to waste marks to do that? Oh just because PVP is dead I should just delete my entire 101cr set and weapons? Is that your workaround?

So I am to be punished because i've played the game for 10 years and have to delete items that players have no idea even exist within the game? the even funnier thing is that this BARELY includes any of the SM trinkets I have every SM pet that has dropped but at least they are on my EUPC toon and can save the 20+ slots on the USPC from that. This also doesn't include the beta trinkets or the trinkets I can redeem on the marketplace continually as that is a workaround. Everything that can be done has been and 14 slots goes by real quick considering even this valentines we got another orbital and henchmen
    • Like x 3
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Things need to never not be allowed to be deleted and everything should be able to be moved between your own characters. I'm not arguing that.
    Things like orbitals and henchmen need to be made so that base dispenser is their new bank.
    But anyone that has this much stuff in their banks is only going to have the same problem eventually anyway with something else so where does it end? Honestly, anyone that's going to argue that fact is lying to themselves. So every member should get unlimited bank space I guess.
    If anyone needs more than what op has and has exhausted using league hall banks and just straight up mailing in between characters if really needed, I don't know what to say.
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Excellent Idea
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Additional character creation is free and each one comes with it’s own bank. Boom, problem solved
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They don’t stack because they have to expire which means each individual one has it’s own expiration timer that starts once you receive it.
  17. Flemix Level 30

I swear it sounds like many never played other games.

Large storage capacity with extensive, well organized, categories are not some feverish utopian unicorn delusions.
    Proper solutions do exist and requesting them is no lunacy.

Trying to apply the limitations of physical goods to digital ones is most irritating, to put it nicely.
    Why should we be satisfied with workarounds when perfectly sensible solutions could be implemented?

I've loved this game for over 8 years now but even when I was still blown away by everything the game has to offer I already considered the UI to be abysmal. It is very easy to forget how clunky and limited it is when playing it day in day out but once you start playing other games with well designed UIs you are likely to be struck with awe at the breadth and depth of functionality they offer.

Now the game has been constantly updated for a decade and progress on that front has been marginal.
    Which is hardly surprising looking at this thread.
    While it seems that ultimately everyone here would appreciate one form or another of improvement relating to the OP's concern you wouldn't get that impression quickly reading through.

Stop telling people what they should want.
    If you don't share their whishes just stay out of it and if most people feel like you their request will simply go ignored.
    If many show up in support however how do you justify feeling entitled telling them they shouldn't want what they want?

Players must speak up their mind freely so devs can hear and decide how best to address a given situation.
    Other players have no business interfering in that process.
    • Like x 1
  18. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Well, we need More inventory spaces.
    Hmm, when was the last time dcuo expanded the inventory slots ,.
    It been awhile tho
  19. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Question. If you're spending over $500 a month on this game, why haven't you just bought more bank space? Seems like an obvious solution to your problem.

Also.........why are you spending over $500 a month on this game???? Sounds like you have bigger problems in life than simply 'not having enough bank space in a video game' to me. Spending over $6000 a year on a video game isn't something to brag about, it's something to seek help about. Just saying.....
  20. Rainnifer Committed Player

Pretty sure there's a limit on how much space is available to buy. This entire thread wouldn't exist otherwise.

Nothing wrong with spending what you want and supporting something you find enjoyment in. Other people spend WAY more in/on other things or hobbies.
    • Like x 3