Love Conquers All Valentine's Seasonal Event

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Eve YouTuber

Why not? I know a lot of people who would love to have these powers. Me included.
    • Like x 4
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

why not, man? more powers the better, surely? I mean, I couldn't give a toss about the Lanterns, but I wouldn't have the slightest problem with having the entire spectrum as power choices in-game. I fail to see the downside.
    • Like x 2
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Note: I don't have an actual horse in this race, I say that now mostly because I remember how illogical and nasty two of the louder voices for Blue Lanterns would get "back in the day", so it's just sort of in there now as an automatic sarcastic response.

To be frank, the simplest solution would be one that was already discussed and summarily dismissed, being "add a color channel for Ability output - > map Ability effects to color channel", call it a day.

IF I were to pick one over the other? Star Sapphire, for a variety of reasons, but mostly because Star Sapphire/ Violet Lanterns are a 'rogue' Corps like Atrocitus and the Red Lanterns, without a clear-cut allegiance to either 'good' or 'evil' morality; the "Make the Heroes Blue and the Villain Orange" split doesn't make any sense because Orange is Greed and Larfleeze isn't a Healer (not because he's not capable of it, but because he's not capable of the mindset required to understand why someone else would need to be healed).

Those things both said, I'd rather see discussion about an honest-to-God 'new' Powerset first, or heavy revisitation of Serums mechanics, prior to another Lantern Corps.
  4. theAverageGuy Well-Known Player

:D Maybe they're henchmen who like to dress differently :eek:
  5. Kurama Active Player

Hello Goodnight ! . The date that the event ends, is it well set? . 9 days seems very little to me, even having several characters to do the event.
  6. Shazammm Well-Known Player

I'm really diggin' the Carol Ferris hair. It looks awesome on my main. I've also loaded up on the Rose Petal Shower base item. Now I've got a whole section of my base that's just raining petals in front of the Tunnel of Love entrance. Looks amazing.
  7. mrcheap Well-Known Player

What shorts are those?
  8. Shazammm Well-Known Player

They look like the Hiker shorts from the summer event. With one of the Romantic Chroma materials.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

Is the Mera mission a daily mission or is it a one time mission? First time playing it.
  10. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

i understand what you try to say sure they need her own power set but tbh ice isnt really mr freeze if i do a rifle based char i got a flamethrower and not any cryogun like mr freeze so no there isnt any real mr freeze power too the ice is more like killer frost not mr freeze mr freeze is based (most times) on cryo weapons like granades and his ICONIC GUN sure if want that we got all lantern powers too but they focus to mutch at the lanterns at the wrong times dont know witch year it was the christmas event were the lantern base items was come in now they care about other lanterns and ignnore mr freeze again they abuse this char if they need him but they dont care about his gears mr freeze was in nearly every game the last years without him gotham isnt the same but i only see that harley quinn and joker get stuff last years lets be honest they do what they want think about it the full gotham villian chars really gangwars there,iconic styles of all villians so u can do what that game should be an iconic honored game with alot more iconic leagues but no we get hearts stupid base items that got nothing to do with dc i mean why ? if i want random **** i can play every other game and dont need one of the biggst names in comic history...
  11. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

It would have been best if you had been more polite with your criticism, but setting that I aside, I pretty much agree with your sentiments. But the thing is about a lot of those other characters is DC might not let the devs use those characters in the ways that they want. I get the feeling DC and WB are really happy pushing Lantern lore which is why we get so much of it. But they are very tight on classic iconic characters, so most of Batman’s rogues gallery are probably a lot harder to do and a lot more restrictive on what they can do, that’s just my guess.

I know SS are highly requested on the forums, not sure how that translates to in game. I would suspect that SS love is over represented on the forums but happy to be proved wrong here. So this is one of those things that will seem successful on the forums, even if the player base at large doesn’t care all that much. Happy for all the people this event pleases, but I would also be happy if there was never ever anything more related to lanterns added to this game, words can’t begin to describe how uninterested I am in anything to do with lanterns. At least the Spring seasonal is soon, and this one doesn’t last all that long. Silver linings.
  12. Justice4All New Player

I love this event and all the styles/base items which comes with it.
    Although, as a player (among many) who just started playing again. 13 days to collect past years styles is not enough. Some collections are like for 100 hearts each. The accessory alone is 100 hearts. Styles are like 25 hearts each and base items are 6 marks each although have to collect 25 of them.

Since, we are getting only 12 hearts per day. The time to obtain all that is not enough. Kindly add atleast 1 more week for us late comers. Or give a discount on items from previous years. I and hundreds of other players would really appreciate this. Thank you.
  13. Brit Loyal Player

Could we please get a change where the Valentine's Day Race mission completes upon success, instead of requiring us to open the Journal and click complete.

Over the past few years, I cannot count the number of times that I forget to do that and only notice the next day when the mission is unavailable.
  14. Fric New Player

I do agree with you and i personally feel with you.

I stopped playing like 6 years ago and then most of the strong gear was earned not bought.
    I returned to find the game already strongly on the paytowin side if you don't have a real life to spend every day.
    A big grind.
    I still love the Hero stuff and also all those Styles so i started anew and had much fun. (got a Membership very soon after)

Lately though, mostly because of the newest event i got that makeuspay feeling again..

How is a new Player supposed to get 7 Stabilizers in 14 Days?
    If one did not safe those before, one would have to buy them on the marketplace.
    What I don't get is, even if i do the Stabilizer Event every day i could not even open one single Box.. Not even a chance..
    A league Member told me those Things you can get out of those new Boxes don't give feats at least..

The Chance to upgrade and "not waste" Catalysts on an Artifact starting from level 140 up is another example for that.
    If you have a Membership you can get a few Seals of Preservation and otherwise you have to buy them with real money on the marketplace.
    The same counts for Headaugments.

I want to understand that as a Marketing strategy, but the prices for the daybreakcash, as well as the Things on the Marketplace seem very high..

Hope dies last..
    The Info i heard of few times now is, that the Devs said somehting about October or/end of the year to see something bigger.
    I really hope we will be able to see that/something then.
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Not very long for V-day seasonal, when Anniversary is 6 weeks long.
  16. Eve YouTuber

I think It's one time mission? though I remember running it a couple times on my main but I might be confused here.
    • Like x 1
  17. PolarisSylar Committed Player

It is a one time quest.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dorn Cresh Active Player

So if I completed the Sea of Love mission last year does that mean I don't get it in my journal this year? Because I didn't. I even went to check with Mera and couldn't interact with her.

Interestingly someone I met at Mera said he did the mission last year and still got the mission this year too.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

That's what I'm saying. I got this mission multiple times on my main last year. But this year none.
  20. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The announced dates were incorrect. Vday ends March 3, 2021.
    • Like x 8