Membership Question/Concern.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kosyn, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Kosyn New Player

I don't know if this has been said before or already being worked on but I'll ask anyway.

With the promise of another 10 years from our new devs, somewhere along the roadmap is there any new changes that will be coming to DC's membership? Paying 15 dollars a month for basically 2 features, access to unlimited money and all DLC's unlocked with the occasional free gifts, really isn't much of a membership nor selling point.

I know the dev team is working on a lot of huge updates for DC as a whole so I don't want to sound like one of those people so I thought I would just ask.

Thank you in advance for any replies that I get on this.
    • Like x 1
  2. Bigman New Player

150 Replay badges, 500 Loyalty Points/ Marketplace Cash, and we receive these monthly if you extend your subscription or your subscription is over 1 month, all powers, 10% off anything in the Marketplace, and other minor benefits like unlimited promethium lockboxes keys, you can form a league, daily vault etc. I think members have a HUGE benefit on this game.
    • Like x 2
  3. Solarbound Committed Player

Promise of another 10 yrs? Don't get your hopes up on that one. The business model in itself needs a revamp altogether. Especially, that legendary membership as the value of it feels completely depreciated after all of this time. Plenty in the community have been wanting to see it reworked significantly with additional benefits and perks provided. Under a new company, means the beginning of a new era for this game. So, revisiting each membership plan is something they should do as it's becoming a necessity at this point.
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

It sounds good on paper/launch, not as much in practice anymore. As most additions to the game nowadays sidestep the subscription putting subscription members and non members into the same tier
    • Like x 1
  5. Bigman New Player

Yes maybe members dont have that much of a benefit but the game is becoming pay to win I wouldn't be surprised if we could buy sp next dlc
  6. Panderus Senior Producer

*Eyebrow Wiggle*
    • Like x 5
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ima take this as a yes. Don't play with my emotions man.:eek:
    • Like x 2
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I've posted this in a few different threads on membership, but here it is again. I haven't double checked the episode "worth" again, but it is likely out of date since the last post was before Legion went live.

Below is a list of membership benefits, with a cost in US dollars and a description on if the benefit is replicated by a one time purchase or would be need recurring purchases to replicate.

• access to all DLC Packs (worth $215 Plus $10 ~3 months for episode access, note member looses access to unpurchased episodes at end of sub. Also, during open episodes, everyone can access all but the end game version of the latest content, but will have longer than normal loot lockouts unless they are a member of own the episode)
    • 150 Free Replay Badges Monthly (worth $5)
    • Unlimited Prometheum Lockbox Unlocks (worth $1 per opened lockbox which drop every 1-2hrs for members, 1-4hrs for premium, can easily get more than 15 lockboxes in a month. note diminishing returns, large pool of items so it is eventually hard to find a new style, though compound omegas are always a loot choice)
    • Unlimited in-game currency (worth ~$20, based on 4 x 7 day unlimited escrow, though you don't need access to all your cash all the time)
    • More Inventory Slots (worth $12 for 3 rows of inventory, note member looses access at end of sub and those are additional rows on top of what can be purchased)
    • Free daily Vault Access (worth ~$16, based on cost of 20 vault tickets, diminishing returns on styles, though provides Nth metal, some ingame cash, a source mark, and occasionally seasonal base items)
    • Form a League (intangible benefit, a member needs to create the league but anyone can be made the leader)
    • 14 Additional character slots (this is a total of 16 slots, premium has 6 total. worth ~$50 for difference in number of available character slots, though many people do not play with more than a handful of characters. Note, members must deactivate up to 10 characters on loss of sub and will not have access to those characters without buying character slots or renewing membership. also members can have up to 32 characters, premiums can only have 22 )
    • 20 Broker slots (worth ~$4, note member looses access to unpurchased broker slots at end of sub, these additional slots are on top of what can be purchased)
    • 36 Additional Bank slots (worth ~$16, note member looses access to unpurchased bank slots, these additional slots are on top of what can be purchased)
    • Trade items and cash (no direct method to determine worth)
    • 6 fragments from stabilizer event (12 stabilizers per 30 days, premium get 8 so this is worth $4 compared to premium, free only get 6 so this is worth $6 compared to free players)
    • 10% discount in the marketplace (worth depends on amount spent in marketplace)
    • 500 loyalty points/daybreak cash (worth $5)
    • access to layer system (worth $5, note member looses ability to move an existing larger layer and use of the mainframe unlocks on loss of sub)
    • access to utility belt system (worth $5, note member looses ability to equip a utility belt on loss of sub, and will only have access to 1 trinket/sidekick/backup/orbital/pet at a time)
    • access to shield weapon (worth $5, note member looses ability to create a new character/respec an existing character to shield weapon at loss of sub, though they can continue to play characters created during membership with the shield weapon)
    • access to all powers (worth $35, note member looses ability to create a new character/respec an existing character to unpurchased powers at loss of sub, though they can continue to play characters with those unpurchased powers that were created/respeced during membership )
    As mentioned, not all of these have aged well and not all of them are usefull/desired by everyone. But as you can see, between replay badges ($5 worth per month), loyalty points/markeplace cash ($5 equivalent per month), and the additional stabilizers earned as a member ($4-$6 a month depending on comparison to free or premium), the membership already pays for itself or more. Membership is $15 per month when bought month to month, and not on sale, but gets as low as $10 per month (when paying for a full year at once, again when not on sale).

That being said, Mepps specifically mentioned some plans to revemp membership here, back in October.
    • Like x 4
  9. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Thats all well and good. But most of those perks can be bypassed by making a few MP purchases and with all DLC being free for the time being, that throws out one the major perks of Legendary. The membership has not aged well. Most would agree with this. We all know the perks of it for anyone who has subbed for a long time. Since the games inception there have been many additions to the game. Most of the time when something new comes a long legendary isnt adjusted to reflect that new change and give the subscribers feel like they are getting their money's worth. They are always just told well you can use your 500 loyalty points. That doesnt cut it anymore. There are too many new systems like adaptive augments, time capsules, artifacts with their xp and seals.

It needs a revamp.
    • Like x 4
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

That post is for reference on what current membership benefits are and comparing them to the current price of membership, but READ EVERYTHING THERE...marketplace prices are listed next to every benefit, some of which are much more expensive than membership to maintain (though you may not want/need to maintain them permanently). Also mentioned there, open episodes have extended loot lockouts. If I remember correctly, "daily" loot locks are once every 3 days unless you either own the episode or have a membership, and raids may also have extended loot locks.

As mentioned, there is a member bonus for time capsules. As a member, you get 6 fragments from the stabilizer event. Premium get 4, and free get 3. Across a month (30 days), members get 12 stabilizers, premium get 8, and free get 6.

Adaptive Augments do not "require" marketplace purchases to max, and don't need to be maxed to finish content (just for a 50 point feat, when there are hundreds of SP available above what is needed to max your primary stat). The first breakthrough is guaranteed. The second should take less than 3 attempts (with most finishing on the first attempt), the third should take less than 5 (with most finishing on the first attempt), and the last should take less than 14 (with most finishing on the first or second attempt). Grinding those catalysts can be a hassle, or expensive with multiple broker purchases, but it is doable.

With artifacts, many people are under the mistaken impression that you "have" to have artifacts maxed (or even just to 160). They just help you do things faster, or be more reckless. In at level elite, you'll likely want to burn faster (less chance for errors) and have the cushion from artifacts in support roles, but you can easily complete the regular versions of instances with much less. You also don't need to change artifacts every episode. Find a set that fits your playstyle and slowly work on them. You are meant to build these over time, not all at once. If you really want them at higher levels, you will likely want seals because the higher levels need so many catalysts that they would take a long time to farm multiple times.

And AGAIN, Mepps specifically mentioned some plans to revemp membership here, back in October. So they are looking into making changes, and recognize that some of the current benefits have not aged well (meaning they may be replaced with other things like seals or xp, or something else even).
    • Like x 2
  11. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ok but if youre willingly admitting that not only have Devs come out and said it needs a revamp but also many players, I dont understand why you are telling us stuff we already are all aware of. The bottom line is it needs a revamp.
  12. the solowing Steadfast Player

Nothing like being told "get legendary if you want benefits", while hearing them complain about their own benefits sucking...
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Not sure if youre directing this at me? Ive never said there arent benefits to being legendary, just that it needs to be adjusted accordingly as times change. Ive always told people who are new if they want to experience the whole game and get the max out of it to try legendary for a month. Its still the best way to experience the game. That being said. You can play as a premium and buy outright a lot of the benefits of legendary. But i also agree premium should be adjusted slightly as well to be slightly more beneficial. Legendary just needs an update is all.
  14. BƖack Dedicated Player

PC players do not receive any Loyality Points.:( Too bad that this only applies to the PS4 and Xbox One players.
  15. Rejchadar Inquisitor

PS players get 500 Loyality Points (PS players do not receive 500 DB), PC players receive 500 DB (PC players do not receive 500 Loyality Points) they are equivalent. In Loyality Vender everything is the same as in the market (I don't know how now, but in the past the vendor didn't even have a few things that were in the market).
  16. BƖack Dedicated Player

My bad, ur completely right. ;)
  17. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Daybreak had evoked an revalorisation for subscribers, but for the moment nothing has been done...
  18. Bigman New Player

Everything in the loyalty vendor is the same as the marketplace now, I dont know why they literally made two different currencies just to have the same items in each vendors.
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's something to do with the devs not being able to directly grant Marketplace Cash to console players or something because of how the platforms work. Probably due to the platform holders (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) requiring a percentage of all in game sales.
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It has needed a revamp for years. Back when we had to mod and recovery kits were difficult to come by, total recovery kits were the talking point for the needed revamp. It seems like artifacts have taken that imbalance and tilted it on its head.

I just returned from a two plus year break, and if I was focused on reaching end-game content again, I would probably feel overwhelmed. I plan on playing more casually this time around. I want to play to relax after work and on weekends. I do not want this game to feel like a second job again.

To that end: I started a new character, subscribed, and will buy seals of completion as I actually need to, which should be about once every couple months with my character's current progression rate. I do not plan on spending much beyond my subscription other than the 1-2 times per year we have sales where I might be able to get more for my money.
    • Like x 1