Escrow should empty into Cash

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vulpar, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hmmm... I went looking on the sub page and there is no $10 a month option. $120 a year is NOT $10 a month....its $120 a year. You can indeed save it up as $10 a month, or .33 cents a day or 1.375 cents an hour if you want, but when you pay DB it its $120....I pay it every year myself. Some might not be able to swing that over a gas bill or other non-luxury item.

Now...should those people be worried about playing a game? Maybe not...that's their decision.
    • Like x 3
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It takes subscribers from the subscribers.

That's what it does.
    • Like x 4
  3. Vulpar Well-Known Player

It takes subscribers away if they were to make the 3000 cash fill up differently? It's still a 3000 cap. You guys blow minor suggestions way out of proportion. The suggestion isn't to give free and premium players full access to their escrow like subbed players.
  4. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The other side of the same coin is : even using in-game means only, you get enough stuff by running content to keep repair costs sorted out, even if you have to pause to sell the stuff in your inventory that you're not using anyway in the middle of this process. Like, you're playing the game for free man - if you were doing that on a cellphone it would stop you every five minutes to play a commercial, instead you just have to engage in inventory management, which you can do in the same transaction since you're at a vendor anyway, and which you have to do anyway because you're FTP and there's exactly enough room in your inventory for a ham sandwich and a can of Dr. Pepper.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I love pineapple on pizza :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

That's really the point though isn't it, they're making an active choice to prioritise a different luxury item.

I'm curious do you think they're outside walmart raging about the price of their diet coke as well?
    • Like x 1
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well, I'm not sure anyone is raging, but keeping with your scenario at Walmart, if the person has the house brand diet cola, but at checkout says, "yeah...I'd rather have diet coke, but ah well". Then the cashier or customer behind them says "Hey....diet coke is cheap...you should just come up with the money to buy it...ya cheap bastard", I'd think that guy is a bit of an ******. And no...desiring a sip of that super awesome diet coke is not the same as demanding you are given a free truckload. Just like thinking that a slight increase to escrow or this escrow refill idea is not the same as unlimited access to cash.

As I said, I have no problem with a 3K limit...just like you said you'd have no problem with the escrow refill. Everyone who is sooooo against the idea are funny because they make it like it's some great advantage to have a few more K in your wallet. It's not. It's not the same as unlimited cash, its not the ability to trade cash, it's not free replays or 500 loyalty or daily vault runs or promethium boxes or a few extra stabilizers a month. Anyone who is subbing to solely make their repairs easier or because it allows them to buy a few extra items in RnD, slightly less crappy items in the broker or multiple vendor items at one pass, is quite frankly....pretty foolish.

BTW... a savvy shopper would shop elsewhere if the price was too high for those luxury items. I'd guess that applies here a lot. I think if the cash cap is that much of a hassle for someone, they'd grow tired of the issue and leave vs subbing up as you propose. Frankly I find the low inventory the biggest hassle of Premium but there is a fix for that...a permanent fix, not a 7 day fix like an escrow token. Subbing only adds 3 rows to inventory...temporarily. I purchased 6 rows for the same price on sale....much happier now.

Maybe make it so premiums can purchase permanent cap increases of 1K. Limit how many can be added and allow a few more to be added every few DLCs It still allows a bit more, generates revenue and would keep a cap in place to still limit things like broker sales.
    • Like x 2
  8. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

aren't we all?
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Unwavering Player

A quote from 2013
    • Like x 2
  10. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

Personally I’m torn on this one.

On one end. I do think the cash cap should be raised to a reasonable amount like 5k-10k so players don’t have to have a bunch of colas taking up an already limited inventory space and can make being a non member inconvenient.

But at the other end I don’t think DC wants to give players less of a reason to buy legendary. If you plan on playing long term. Your aim should be to of course buy legendary. Otherwise your experience will be filled with those inconveniences.

You have the choice of buying a membership to eliminate those inconveniences completely. Premium was never meant for long term players who want the full experience. That’s just how DC was made.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hellnympho New Player

You get what you pay for. I sub to 4 different mmos and that is standard f2p is always crap and annoying. They could create a token that can be bought from escrowed or bank in game cash to pay for membersip like wow has. Those tokens are sold on the marketplace to members to be sold on broker at daybreak set rate. That is a legal way for people to buy in-game money and a way for people who don't want to spend real money to buy membership. Problem solved and no more excuses. As reference WoWTokenPrices - Price and History Tracker
    https://wowtokenprices.com/

What are WoW Tokens?

WoW Tokens are items that can be purchased by players for real money and then sold to other players for gold (World of Warcraft's in-game currency).

Players who purchase these tokens for gold can use the token to add 30 days of game time to their WoW subscription or, in some regions, opt to add money to their Battle.net Balance. Battle.net Balance is like a virtual gift card which can be used to purchase other games and services offered by Blizzard Entertainment.
    • Like x 2
  12. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

If Netflix offered me a free trial to watch certain shows but the kicker is that I don’t have access to every show or every episode of said show to entice me to sub. I have no right to be mad that Netflix restricts my experience especially if I have no intention to pay for the full experience.

Free games have to make money somehow and bettering the experience of those that don’t contribute doesn’t exactly do that.
    • Like x 3
  13. Vicious Well-Known Player

Untrue. Cursing at or taking direct shots at someone isn't the only way to insult them. You insult people all the time on these forums with your tone. You don't talk to people, you talk down to them. You aren't open to others' opinions, you just have a self-important addiction to always voicing your own.

There are plenty of people on here who are living on the poverty line. Plenty of people who are out of work, or students that are getting by on the absolute bare minimum, or even kids that aren't old enough to work and have literally no money or credit cards to spend for themselves. It's one thing to write the 15 novels you do in every thread when it comes to debating the game itself and it would have been fine if you had stuck to talking about the merits of the in-game cash cap in a vacuum, but lecturing people on cutting out luxuries when the people you're talking to probably can't afford any luxuries in the first place absolutely is insulting. Asking people who can't afford a sub about why they play games in the first place, as if they're not allowed access to entertainment or aren't allowed a reprieve, absolutely is insulting.

I say all this as someone who is lucky enough to afford yearly subscriptions and can dump hundreds of dollars on excess spending to get things like artifacts and replays; nobody cares about your financial advice or your opinion on how to live their lives, especially when you so clearly lack the empathy to relate to them or understand their situations.

We all know your MO by now so I'm fully expecting a 400-page thesis in response to me about how I'm wrong and you're being misunderstood or accused of something you didn't do and you're just the innocent and infallible gatekeeper of these forums. I'm not getting into a back-and-forth with you so this is the only post I'm going to make on this. Feel free to take advantage of that.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

No need for an essay.

If I were insulting people then I would be in breach of the forum guidelines, you're welcome to report my posts if you believe that's the case.

As for people living in the poverty line, I understand that may be the case, but that doesn't mean you restructure a product or game to make more of it free because there's people out there that can't afford it, no matter how unfortunate that might be and no matter how much we all sympathise with their position.

If you want to paint me as a villain for pointing that out then that's up to you ;)
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I'm actually open to the idea of allowing people to pay others with virtual currency for a sub token.
    • Like x 2
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

it would simplify the "help a homie out" mechanism, yeah.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

If we can share replay badges, why not, right.

I'm sure it'll come with its accusations of "scams" if people just do it with random's but for friend groups I'm sure it would be incredibly useful.
    • Like x 1
  18. Hellnympho New Player

it would be through the broker the token you buy from the MP would only be brokerable and it would simply have its own categhory and a set price by daybreak to keep it from being abused. the values would adjust baset on econimcal values. maybe someone from daybreak will comment on the sub token idea.
    • Like x 1
  19. Hellnympho New Player

gametime cards being brought back would be more along the help a homie out option
  20. Proxystar #Perception

So we wouldn't set the price on the broker, just list it for a set price?
    • Like x 1