About sorcery healing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Evanhhs, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

I currently use purple healing ray and transformation card at 120, and for the third artifact I use the soul cloak coz of Arbiter of Destiny supercharge. Is it better off for me to use other artifact instead like page and orb, or should I just stick with soul cloak for the supercharge?
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I would be using the page.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kestral Committed Player

Soul Cloak has worked the best for me with supercharge so far but because of how often new artifacts come out and how long it takes to level them you are going to get a lot of variation here.

I like Soul Cloak because it can be used when healing and DPSing for my supercharge.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cyro Committed Player

soul cloak, scrap, and page would be your best bet but because you can spam sc fairly often its also a good idea to level eog for those groups that would rather burn than heals ;p
  5. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Sorcery for about 10yrs now, still never use bat form. It just doesn't make sense to me. Like how bad is the troll/ group that you need unlimited power to spam the crap out of heals? The only time I will even think about using it is elite raid speed runs where the troll is in battle and buff build so won't be putting power out and I'm solo healing/ eog spamming.
    Personal preference here obviously since we're clearly playing differently:
    Page/ purple/ orb if I'm solo healing, works great even in elites.
    Loadout: priority/ watcher/ 4man shield/ Circle/ invocation/ group heal. Use priority heal sparingly, like that big spike damage on the tank only. Maybe for other players emergency use. 4 player heal will heal 6 and stack revivify and feed watcher. Watcher is passive and stays over the tank. 11k heals every 1.5 second from what I can tell. Not terrible. Spam the 4plyr heal. Tank will be standing in your circle. 8 player heal is like your supercharge, use it when needed. Certain fights may not even need it. Zues in fgsr/fgse needs it a lot.

Or I'll do purple/page/eog. Replace watcher with pheromone bloom.

Crappy troll/ terrible group, orb page purple and ditch watcher for bat form of you can't manage power well. I haven't had to do this in years thankfully.

Trans card in place of orb also works well but it's a different playstyle. Basically instead of spamming your group heal, you'll be back to spamming the priority and the 4plyr. Personally not a fan of trans but leveling one up anyway.

Now working with what you have/ what you want:
    You seem to be super concerned about having power. Maybe not like it's making you sweat but looking at your build, you have way too much power to use up. Unlimited from bat, return from purple, lack of orb or big power costs. Do you never run with a troll? I am starting to miss power trolls but even a buff troll should be giving you enough power to not have to do much more than pop a soda on occasion. Personally not a huge fan of purple healing ray but it beats the other options for now. Power back is nice for me since I don't use anything to have power except gen mods and sp. If you're going to continue using supercharge, I'd use eog instead of scrap because you're a healer and should be buffing the group vs "being greedy" and only building your own supers and I'd swap purple for page. Page is the healing game changer. No other arti matters as much when healing.
    • Like x 1
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Whew...that's a lot of artis. Personally I dropped my EOG into Page on one sorc toon as Sorc doesn't have a good spammable SC (all 5K or 10K) so unless someone else was feeding me SC I found it not to be worth carrying. Maybe with soul cloak it would have made a difference, I fed that to another arti long ago. I'm on Trans, Page, Purple...working on getting the purple to 160 now. Agreed on bat form though...never used it much...so there's another SC 'gone' from the options.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I hate hate hate having to use EoG. But if 2 healers, then fine. It absolutely ruins me. And yeah, if you do have to use it, blossom is the better choice than bat form. Or use both in your tray.
    Orb and trans seem easily interchangeable to me. Playstyle difference being the big thing. It's next on the list. But yes, too many artis lol. Think I'm up to 12 on this toon between heals and dps. 6 on 1st alt, about to be 8. 3 on 2nd alt and I don't care what happens, that's it.
  8. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

Wow man that's a lot of information, great thanks! That actually clarify lots of things for me. Also thank you for anyone else who's helping here. The reason why I seems to be eager for power coz sometimes when I queue into raids or operations, sometimes there's no trolls. I guess it's coz I'm at lower cr contents coz I'm at cr 190 and there might not but many controllers, not as much as that at higher cr? In event raids I do met some good controllers and my power do never drop below 70%, so I try to get more power just in case. I also do dps for the toon so at the moment a reason I use transformation card is that it can be used on both dps and healer, I'm working towards other artifacts tho. But you do gimme insight for directions for healing, thank you for that mate.
    • Like x 1
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Makes sense. Make sure you're using the white chest mod that makes your superpowers use 5% less power. Stack your gen mods up with all power. The top blue ones. Once you have extra sp, place them into might and power. Everyone will tell you to put into health but that really doesn't make sense to me as a healer cuz as long as I have power, I have endless health lol.
    I also spec hybrid on the sp tree and everyone is also going to tell you not to and use superpowered. Problem there is crappy or no troll and you lose 5% of like every stat which is pretty large amount. And especially now that most trolls are buffing instead of powering.
    Arts, you're in a good place dps wise. And honestly with the upcoming changes to supercharges, you may be in a perfect spot so if you can keep them instead of feeding, I would for now.

Get into another raid and there's no troll then switch to dps. If the group complains, tell them you'll heal when the troll and tank arw ready to go. If you're beastly and way above recommended cr then whatever. But you aren't and players need to learn how to do their jobs. If after 5mins no one is trolling then look at the smaller symbol next to the players names. Whichever one has the tiny troll symbol, vote to kick.
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The fact you said "mate" at the end of your post means you probably aren't playing on USPS server. But if you are ever on there, you can message me. Or if you need a league or whatever help. Toons are Azraihell, Holyhel, and Holycawk.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

6 max artis for me(some I get away with 4 or 5 due to switch hitter Artis like trans or EOG). I don't change them much, I'd probably be more apt to do them if 200 AND only then on a 2x week. I'd be more apt to spend the 15 bucks(7.50 as I stocked up on the sale) for SOC to do a swap assuming I'd get a topped out arti. Not swapping AND having to build them up before they are 100% useful.

I sink enough money in this game without playing the 'must have' arti game....especially when that can change every DLC.

More power to you for that kind of commitment though.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Only sometimes and usually only if it's around $20 to do lol. Between doubles, 2x, subscription getting SOCs, it's never terrible. The only time I payed was for source shard and that was 140 to 200 so not terrible. And think that was with Xmas playstation gift card present. I'm not cheap but I'm also not a whale by any means haha

Edit: main only. Alts do not get a dime. Well, main alt got $4.99 for head style. Had to look like a chicken. Alts artis only get up to 140 tho so no need for SoCs
    • Like x 1