Was there a change to the light trail travel auras?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magnificent, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I just bought the blue lightstream movement with the winter sale and it seems to be working just fine. I’m acro but checked it out with my flight ring and journeymans boots.
  2. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

If your primary movement mode is super speed the light trails do not work. They currently on live do not work. They work for flight, skimming and acro. All the other movement mode styles like the smoke ones work with super speed as well. For some reason just the light trails on super speed specifically are broken.
  3. C3alix Committed Player

Soooo we're experiencing intentional ideas? Sounds like there's gonna be a lot of stuff going on during the Anniversary.
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

They do work. They were fixed a few weeks ago but it wasn't in any patch notes. They work fine now on my alt who is Superspeed. I'm on PC, so the only thing I can think of for people saying they're still not working is that maybe the fix never hit consoles.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Please stop telling people something is fixed when it obviously isn't. They don't work for a lot of speedsters, you sound arrogant when you say it's fixed and working correctly for you. And apparently ONLY you.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm just saying that it is working for me. It's possible that people have switched back to their default movement styles while waiting for a fix and haven't realised that it was fixed. Like I said, perhaps it's a fix that (unintentionally) went through on PC only and not on consoles, and people saying it's not working may be playing on consoles. This is a possibility I even mentioned in that post. Since it's the winter holidays I haven't played on my alts in the past few days, but it was 100% working fine for me a week ago. I'm going to check again now and I'll report back with my findings.

I wouldn't be saying this unless I had seen it with my own eyes, it's not coming from a place of arrogance and I'm not one to spread false information intentionally.
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Here are some images I took just a few minutes ago on EUPC. The camera is fully zoomed out and both the Lighstream and Rainbow movement styles are working perfectly for me. The issue before was that the trails would work if you were very close to your character, but as soon as you zoomed the camera out even a little they would stop working. If they are still not working for some then that suggests it is a platform issue and/ or that PC got the fix early unintentionally.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I know you don't spread misinformation. When you said "They do work." , it comes off... you know.

That's great that it's working on PC.
  9. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I understand, I probably should have worded it better. The "working on PC but maybe not other platforms" part was something I thought of as I wrote it near the end of the post, it wasn't something I had considered at the very beginning of writing the post so it didn't enter my head to go back and maybe change it to "They do work, on PC at least."
    • Like x 1
  10. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

If anyone came out of that exchange looking arrogant it was you.
  11. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ok look the whole arrogance thing doesn't matter, it's sorted now so let's not have it drag on and keep to the topic at hand. The issue seems to be fixed for some, but not for everyone. If somebody kept telling me something was fixed for them but it wasn't fixed in my version of the game I'd probably call them out too. Let's put it to bed.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Perhaps 'arrogant' was too strong of a word. I apologize. Maybe 'lowkey insensitive' fits better?

Edit: Before I forget again, I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, the weird light stream effect that we've been seeing is coming only from people with a Lantern power. Whenever I see someone doing it it's a Hard Light or Rage character, doesn't matter what movement or if they're wearing a movement skin or not. It's coming from their rings.
  13. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

They dont work on console then.
  14. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

I believe the reason why the Lightstream movements may be working on PC and not on Console (PS4 specifically in my case) is because of the way Sony allows companies to patch their games. I believe they have to fit a certain criteria or are only released during a certain time frame. I can't recall where I read this but I believe it was on this forum a few months back.

Essentially PC allows them to patch and put through whatever they want, whenever they want whereas Sony is a lot more stringent.

Anyone who knows better or more details is free to chime in.

I do know for a fact that I've been checking every single day whether they are working again or not because I have several costumes that need them to be complete. Luckily they still work on Flight so I'm able use them for my Gold/Green Lantern costumes. But yeah my Future Pegasus, Ultraviolet Pegasus, Lightspeed Pegasus and Blueshift Pegasus costumes are suffering.
  15. vespa neo Active Player

Lightstream hasn't worked on my speedsters for quite a while. I'm on PS4.
    I also notice red light streaks lingering in legion content daily by rage players.
    • Like x 1
  16. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

It wasn’t fixed for me. What was the solution? My character still doesn’t have his movement mode visible and when I put in a ticket they essentially said tough and that they’d send it to another team. Of course that never happened.
    • Like x 1
  17. PolarisSylar Committed Player

Yup, I notice those lightsstreams are acting differently lately
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Are you on console? From the information we've been able to cobble together in the thread it seems like it was fixed on PC (as I'm on PC and the trails have been working correctly for me for a couple of weeks now) but others who play on PS4 have said it is not fixed for them. I'm not sure about Xbox or Switch players.
  19. PolarisSylar Committed Player

I notice around the watchtower there alot residue stream lefted behind, I was wondering too
  20. Champloo92 Well-Known Player

Yeah unfortunately so I guess I’m out of luck.