Question about the future of PVP in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elren, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Elren Level 30

Hello. This is mainly a question for Mepps. I know before the acquisition that it has been stated that there are no plans for PVP, however, I was wondering if this stance has changed. Is the developer team more open to finally balancing and applying fixes to PvP now that Daybreak has been acquired?
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

See previous response #1 - 5000:

“No plans at this time.”
    • Like x 4
  3. Elren Level 30

Plans can change when a company is acquired. Did I ask you?
  4. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

With all due respect, even though you quoted towards Mepps only, this is a public forum where anyone can respond. So you're better off sending him a PM if you dont want any response from other players.

On a side note, you will probably get the same answer just like the person above states. Mepps has states many, many, many times that there are no plans and the last response was actually not too long ago. We even got verification that a company shift does not affect gameplay or shift gameplay directives. But good luck as I support any PvP adjustment.
    • Like x 5
  5. Twilight-Man Well-Known Player

That response applies to quite a lot here
    • Like x 2
  6. Cyro Committed Player

I wonder if last laugh wins the dlc bracket would they reconsider their position on pvp
  7. FutureSoldier Active Player

ive lost hope for a pvp update because its been so long. only hope i have is the new game they're developing (unannounced project) , will have the same combat as DCUO and we'll be able to enjoy a PVP that will be getting updated and wont be as broken as the current pvp is
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not sure if that's something I'd hold my breath waiting for. Last Laugh was the only PvP-centric episode they did, and the detail that they didn't do any other episodes like that may speak to the reception they saw (sales, participation, etc.).

Plus I think it'd have to be a mind-numbingly overwhelming margin of victory for that episode to provoke rethinking, and there's the nasty little specter of any wins being more a result of Twitter spam rather than actual love of PvP/the episode in general to deal with.
    • Like x 1
  9. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

Give up. Move on. The devs only care about your money not the game. PvP sucks because these people who run the game only care about lining their pockets. Money > a good game. So make sure you buy your money capsules to get a useless Style to sell because who cares if the game works and we get less content and rehashed content every dlc
  10. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I loved pvp. Spawning out the door to villians waiting beating me down before I took a breath.
    It was awesome being completely out geared and then bombed by stun grenades from the ceiling while the top player on their team beat the crap out you while the other 2 waited outside spawn.
    The best part was when you'd come into the spawn area and by the time you realized your assailant was standing on the ledge above the entry door behind you you were dead.
    So competitive and then to hear all the smack talk in the watchtower about how tough all the pvp'er's are is like eye candy at the beach on sunday. PVP's a lamer's joke and that's the primary reason it fails. Spawn killing garbage no different than pvp in any other game.
  11. Irvynnge Loyal Player

don't play it, then.
  12. BƖack Dedicated Player

Same to be honest i don't care anymore it's too late... The PVP crowd on EU left DCUO. PVP on eu is completely dead, Legends doesn't pop anymore. PVP phase is completely deserted....

I don't know how the situation looks on US... as far as i know the US server has always been way more populated than the EU, so maybe PVP is still alive in there.
  13. zNot Loyal Player

They arent even able to give us good pve DLC“s, as you said rushed content easy content underwhelming content with no longevity fun or excitement.
    Considering the revenue they make im deeply disapponted.

Not hating just my opinion i hope the devs have listened to our feedback.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Having a new owner does not mean they will dictate what changes to be made. For the most part, Dimensional Ink is still the same.
  15. Wildcat Committed Player

If they ever add Reverse Flash / Zoom to legends or content i want this line back:

"what's the matter, are you lagging?" (watchtower/hall od doom pvp map - Reverse Flash NPC)

I was lagging a lot.. when they realse Last Laugh DLC.. and this line make me laught a lot.. :D
  16. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I don’t lmfao. I only came back to the forums Bc I seen a new company bought it.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You cam back too early. Try a year after new ownership...then and only then will you know if anything has changed.
    • Like x 1
  18. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

The fact a company paid 300million to acquire the game says they’re making a significant amount of revenue on this game so where exactly is all the money going? To useless styles to make more money for them to line their pockets and put a product out that is halfway working
    • Like x 1
  19. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

None of the real papers actually play the game anymore you weirdo
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, of COURSE real papers aren't actually playing the game, they don't have any hands or arms. How do you expect paper to work a controller/mouse and keyboard? :confused:
    • Like x 1