Sorcery Pet or Non-Pet Build?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cheetuhh, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Cheetuhh New Player

I made a new sorc toon so I've been looking into the different DPS builds. From my quick google search, it seems there's two "standard" builds out there for sorc: the grim/shard pet build and the typical trans/strat/solar projectile build. Just wondering about the pro's and con's of each before I start leveling my artifacts. Which does better damage? Which is more consistent (melee, single target, and range)? Which is more fun? I'm hesitant about a pet build because it seems like the pets get to have all the fun and I'd really just be playing support for them. Thoughts??

P.S. if anyone's got the most up to date loadouts for each build that'd be great :p
  2. Lexalted New Player

I may try to give my two cents. I'm mostly sorcery healer main but me and legion mate did try to find most optimal loadout and we tried different setups.
    For artifacts I would say basic meta combination of strat/trans/solar is best bet. Maybe la-mort card is acceptable choice as you use final ruin off cooldown but I have no experience on that. Never tried pet build so I can't comment on that one. For sp just basic might DPS build.
    For loadout use transmutation, soul barrage, heat vision, final ruin, neo-venom boost and fury pet. We tried fury, guardian and robot sidekick but having bad karma up with transmutation kept Fury's damage topping other two.
    Rotation with this loadout would be transmutation->soul barrage->heat vision->transmutation->soul barrage->final ruin. Vooldowns fit perfectly on rotation with this loadout. Also projectiles are very unpredictable in sorcery. And not having good supercharge forces to use neo-venom boost.
    If there is more optimal way someone min/max sorcery veteran has, I would love to hear it as well.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cheetuhh New Player

Thank you!! Interesting, this is a different loadout than what I've heard but I will try this one out and see how I like it.