Tanks and dps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by darry3275, Dec 7, 2020.

1. zNot Loyal Player

No wonder why Elite raids are so short and boring then -
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

What I would rather have is a power that shoves EVERYTHING away and knocks them down... enemies and friendlies... because sometimes a tank needs to get out of there to prevent being one-shotted and can't because every melee DPS, his brothers, and all of his backups are surrounding you... and then you die and get called trash because you didn't avoid the one-shot.
    • Like x 4
  3. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

You can't Tank stupid unfortunately. That'll come later with the Sphere of Stupidity Artifact next episode.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Lol imagine getting trapped and pinned to the Boss because some stupid HL dps think they're gonna one punch the raid mechanics?
    • Like x 1
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

It's the new exploit
  6. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Do as I do, wait in front of the door, whoever runs to knock will die and carry it will close in front of those in a hurry and if need be, make them understand why you're doing this and strangely enough, after that, there's no more running :D, at worst the dumbest will leave the group without thinking ^^.
  7. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Eh... I just like to imagine the scoreboard chasers whining and complaining that they can't use their best cheese... because now they get one-shotted while the tank gets away to at least maintain some control of the situation.
  8. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

It wouodnt work because what if theres no tank in the raid?
    That loophole preventing it aside, i love the idea haha. Forced compliance can always fun hahaha
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I
    am one who ALWAYS prefers a “proper” group for alerts.
    1 tank
    1 heal
    1 troll (buffing/debuffing)
    1 dps.

I have timed the HQe bosses many many many MANY times in league runs (only counted runs with no wipes). Always use a heal and a tank and tested all sorts of 2 dps combos and the fastest runs (by a decent bit) is still troll + me solo dps’n NOT 2x dps’s (like pretty much everyone thinks).
    A good troll can more then overcompensate. Me + buff/debuff troll easily kills 1st boss before 1st round of spawners come out. It happens with 2 dps’s but not anywhere close to as often.

As for VMF i will say this, when BoP was endgame we were run in it with a troll an 3x dps daily. No tank an no heal an never had an issue. Never even thought twice about it. VMF was cake, just had to know what your doing. If u think the dps’s “need” to wait for the tank in VMF then i genuinly question the quality of dps your running with cause again, VMF was a cupcake alert lol
    • Like x 3
  10. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

In the Wonderverse raid I never really saw DPS rushing forward, my biggest problem was always the impatient tanks bouncing off down the corridor kiting all the adds so us DPS had to constantly chase after him to try and do any damage. Then the tank would hit a closed door and have to turn back, and suddenly we'd have a massive group of adds on us. However, because the tank was set up for kiting, he wasn't able to stand his ground and hold all the adds he'd gathered, so he'd get knocked out and we'd all get overwhelmed. It would take 5 or 6 team wipes before we'd finally whittled them down enough to be able to deal with them.

That was not fun. I wish I could have one-shotted those guys!
    • Like x 1
  11. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

What? You wait by a door and people knock on it and die then carry it?
  12. Proxystar #Perception

You didn't answer the question.
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I am a tank player in every mmo I have ever played. one thing I've told myself is I will never save a dps who attacks a group of adds first. I will let them kill you every time. Sadly you see dps do this stuff the most in dc universe. I have alot of issues with the dps running ahead and dps ignoring mechanics. I will take a smart dps over a high damage every time.
    • Like x 4
  14. agentofthebat Active Player

Wait. I have a noob question. How do I know if my hero is a DPS or a tank???
  15. SekretVillain Loyal Player

How I am as healer, you attack before tank that's on you
    • Like x 2
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I'm not surprised. In general I've found that an alert with all four roles doesn't take any longer than the 3 DPS/1 Healer meta that everyone seems to want... except now they have put mechanics into the alerts that make it almost a requirement to have a tank with you otherwise the healer will get overwhelmed.

And you hit the nail on the head... the controller's debuffs make up for what some people would say is the reduced burn.

It's not a cupcake alert to people who are "fresh off the skip," have artifacts that can't even activate (below level 80), augments that aren't leveled, etc.... especially when those are the wannabe scoreboard chasers. More often than not, those runs will turn into wipe after wipe on last boss because they can't take down turrets fast enough.
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Agreed on ur 2nd point for sure. I was definatly speaking specifically to my own experience/skill lvl an of those i run with. It wasnt meant to be a slight to anyone at all
    • Like x 1
  18. MrStoob Well-Known Player

If you're Ice, Atomic, Rage, Earth or Fire power, you can Tank. All roles can DPS when not in their actual role - press up on the d-pad and select switch role to change between DPS and your role. If you are a Tank, you'll receive defence bonuses when in role. Where your CR and health is on the upper status bar, there'll either be a flamey symbol meaning DPS role, or a shield symbol meaning Tank role.
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Not to change the subject, but if I am understanding your post correctly, I am not sure that I agree that losing a DPS in favor of a second tank would necessarily result in slower burn.

On the surface that is a perfectly reasonable assumption but if you take into account the number of "saved" DPS Interrupts and deaths a second tank provides it may be a zero sum equation.

Of course this would only apply to a raid that is DESIGNED for two tanks but I would be interested to see some numbers on this premise.

As to the original post, as a DPS, I think it would be hilarious to see scoreboard chasers getting whacked :)
    • Like x 3
  20. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah the point that I guess I was really making is that if you're going to design a raid that requires in a mandatory manner two tanks then you do have to also consider how much burn is required with any burn check, ultimately taking in to consideration exactly what you're saying.

The funny thing too is Znot keeps going on about how he wants two tanks, but why not force two trolls and two healers as well? Why is he happy for them to still solo?
    • Like x 1