Funny beggar

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by thedemonocus, Dec 4, 2020.

1. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Only posting this because i thought it was funny.

Today i had this guy ask me to buy him negative speed force material,i pointed out that it cost over 5000 quarks and laughed at him for asking a total stranger to just buy it for him. So them he asks me to gift him black croma (yes the 1 that costs 999,999,999 gold on the broker) again i laughed at him. Do these people actually think someone is going to just give them this stuff? This guy is not alone i get similar random texts asking for expensive stuff for free quite often and see them in shout chat (usually in the watchtower) begging people to give them stuff. I just find the whole thing funny and a little sad that there is so much begging going on in DCUO.

Anyways hope you guys got a good laugh out of this.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

9/10 the person begging you to buy an item for them is the same person that's selling that item in the broker.
    • Like x 3
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

But it’s my birthday!
    • Like x 1
  4. PolarisSylar Committed Player

There a friend that saw someone shouting in WT . That random person wants a certain chroma that selling in broker . But that random person has a aura that random person said was equal price.
    So, that random person ask the friend buy the chroma from broker and then they do a trade. The friend beforehand wanted that aura that random has tho.

Well, that friend hesitant to buy the item from broker but that random shouting in watchtower for minutes to someone get him that item.
    The friend got chroma material item from broker, and the traded items with that random. However , when when decided to open trade with other, the random decline several times.
    That random type in group chat " thank you buying MY chroma from broker, You got scam". Then that person lefted group.
    So the friend was left with chroma material he didn't wanted because it costed millions ingame. But lefted empty handed because he never received that unique Aura from that random.

So , That person begging you to buy a item from broker is same person selling it.
  5. Eve YouTuber

Okay. I have my shout chat\say off so I don't see this kind of stuff. If I get a tell, I'm either ignoring it or telling them no and they leave me alone. I don't see the point of making a thread about it.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I get requests like that about 10 times a day in game.

I even get such requests in the comment section of my videos.
    I don't get too many requests nowadays in the comment sections..... but a few years ago I made the mistake to do a giveaway.... and then there was an explosion of requests for free stuff.
    After that I promised myself no more giveaways.
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am always willing to give you free stuff. Hit me up if you see me online. My ingame name is Mepps btw. :cool:
    • Like x 1
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Here's how to handle that... "request."

1. Say yes, we actually have one of those in the league bank.
    2. Tell them to drop league so you can invite them and they can just go grab it and all of the other free rare items in the league bank.
    3. Laugh at them, now without their league.
    • Like x 2
  9. Kanniu Well-Known Player

All the Beggars not a part of a league: :)
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

"CaNyOu bUyMe tHe nEoN BlAcK cOmPoSiT!!! iTs oNlY 120mIllyuN DoLlERz111 DaTz e3zY mOnEY"

Well if its a 120 million and its easy money, just hustle and buy it yourself?...

i DUnT no HaO 2 Mak3 MoNey InniS gAEM!! PlX h4Lp n GiV It2me11!!!"

then FoH
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes...This scam was one of only 2 times I got scammed in this game.

Time 1 was when I was premium so exo bits were the currency. I wanted some aura or whatever and the guy wanted 12 stacks of bits. This would obviously require 3 trade windows and as the guy with the more 'valuable' item I didn't blame the guy for wanting to wait till the 3rd trade. Guess what...the 3rd trade never came....as I kind of feared. Last time for me for that scenario.

Time 2 was like your example. It was when one of the booster bundles was released and I wanted a plasmic. Blue I think... It was about 5 Mil value and a guy was shouting he wanted about 3.6 mil worth of items for it...he was premium and couldn't use cash. I asked the items...found them in the broker (hmmmm only 1 of each...red light!), and they were indeed worth about 3.5 or so. I bought the 3 items and went to open trade with him...POOF...he signed out. I saw those same items a few days later (all collections) for about 10K each and probably 5-10 of each up, so he cleared out all the stock in the broker then listed his junk as valuable. Again...pretty much the last time I would look at doing that kind of trade. I have to admit though, it was a good one. I was peeved, but actually respected the guys game. Much more inventive than the previous guy who just outright snatched and ran after the first 2 trades.

On my premiums, If I offer something to trade it's always things that are a sturdy price like Arti cats or exos, if I'm looking for something expensive but can't send it from my main...such as getting a replay or something that is cross platform bound. That way I hope I don't look like one of these scammy scammers.

Here's a tip if you are a member. If someone is asking for a goods trade because they are premium, trade them $1 first. If they can take the $1...they are not premium and probably lying about the deal. If they deny accepting the $1 they are probably lying about premium and likely the deal. No guarantee they are NOT lying if they are indeed premium, but yeah....if they are lying about it, I'd guess they just might have listed that high ticket item they want you to buy. Obviously if you are premium you can't trade cash, but you also can't be suckered into buying something big ticket either...so membership is assumed here.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I handle it a few different ways.
    1) If someone would ask me for something reasonable like a 1 mil or less item AND I was feeling generous, I'd warp to base and tell them I just queued into a raid...they'd have to wait. After a bit I'd then tell them to meet me somewhere... eventually make my way there...see they were there, then warp to base and tell them "I got pulled into something...brb". Do some more stuff, occasionally responding to their questions of 'are you coming back' with 'yes...wait right there...on last boss'....if they hung on standing around for the hour or 2, I'd give them the item and add to ignore. I'll reward their stick to it-ness, but don't really want to have the puppy follow me back home again.

2) If they are asking for something more expensive, I'd tell them to get me something of value, like Exos or cats. Make them go hustle a bit, hopefully they'd become more productive members of the community vs beggars (teach a man to fish).

3) Claim I'm currently premium...'sorry'

4) Tell them no and add to ignore if they keep up - most common

5) On the off chance they are asking for 'any material', I'll make them go through hoops such as step 1, but pay off with "which material do you want? Simple or Complex?" at the end.

Best policy is to avoid the WT broker and stay in base...much less beggars in my base (not counting Ambush Bug and Krypto).
  13. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

"Hey, let me shoot you a league invite so you can grab it"
    "OK"
    "Accept"
    "I didn't get anything."
    "Weird, ok let me try again."
    "Nope, nothing."
    "OK try relogging"
    Rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  14. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

I was in the WT one day and I had guy send me a tell saying

Beggar - "Hey I like your aura, can you give me one?"

At the time I was wearing a OG Plasmic.

"No, buy one yourself dude"

Beggar - "I don't have the cash, can you give me some?"

"I can"

Beggar - *Opens trade*

I just let the trade stay idle

Beggar - "Give me money bro"

At this point I just warped to my base and continued farming Nth Metal.
    Sure like I just have a OG Plasmic laying around that I can just give people willy nilly. The rarest and probably MOST hard to find aura out there and he wants me to just give it to him. If you're going to beg set your sights in the realm of realism y'know, maybe beg for a void mat or NSF material or something like that.
    • Like x 1
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I've actually given a guy an aura from a lockbox. He was mad at me, because it was the old glowing aura that were first introduced. Hey, you didn't specify which aura.

I've also tried to do that again, when the other guy was F2P. I was sad that I couldn't do this twice.

#sobatmansentyougoodtimes
  16. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I've given random people in this game stuff loads of times. auras, materias, collections, base stuff. more than happy to. if I don't need it, I'm happy for it to go to a home where it is needed / appreciated. but. I despise begging in-game. absolutely despise it. if it was on me, I'd lifetime ban every single one of them. seriously. not kidding. hate them, with a vengeance. no excuse for it, none. you beg for stuff off me: instant ignore. show some class, ya bum.
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Pretty sure i still need the void material for the feat, maybe it was void aurra? Im genuinly not sure BUT if its realistic an u are tossing one i will beg :)
    I also will continue grinding an working the broker an getting what i need but i will take one if u got hahaha
    • Like x 1
  18. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Sure, I'll get back to you :D
  19. thedemonocus Loyal Player

Because i thought it was funny.
  20. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I always say sure, give me the in game money and I'll buy for you.