Will there be updates on previous skin textures (Or possibly new ones?)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aesthete, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Aesthete Well-Known Player

It's been over a year since the default textures were updated and I was wondering if the devs ever planned to update any of the others such as the Youthful or Tattoo skin for instance. The default textures look amazing but it's also nice to have some variety plus I think the older textures are long overdue for an overhaul anyway.
    • Like x 2
  2. Megzilla Developer

Yes; though I can't give any expected timeline right now.
    • Like x 13
  3. Aesthete Well-Known Player

That's great to hear nonetheless! Thanks for the speedy response and keep up the great work. :D
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Whenever y'all get "a round toit", a simple request, please: On the skins with tattoos/war paint (so, Barbarian and Tattooed), PLEASE set the tattoos/war paint to the Makeup Color Channel, so we can change the color of them! Please and thank you. :)
    • Like x 3
  5. Megzilla Developer

For sure!
    • Like x 9
  6. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Is there any chance you could look into fixing the sheer net legs style? They don't work properly on the new skins and look kinda weird
    • Like x 3
  7. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Can confirm. They're low rez. Were launched pixelated (sheer version) and were never updated over the years when any of the other textures got an uprez pass.
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Also could you make a version for all three default skins, so for example a tattooed 1, 2, 3 etc?
    • Like x 4
  9. Irvynnge Loyal Player

tattoo variations would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  10. Cordelia Well-Known Player

In my dream DCUO (the one that isn't financially possible) players would be able to pick from sets of tattoos and locations. That's a lovely fantasy, but not at all likely. *sigh*
    • Like x 2
  11. Brandon-richard Active Player

Faceless skin would be nice.(That way you don't have to waste a color palette spot or can add a face piece over it)
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I think it would also be cool since it could be used to make a character like The Question.
  13. Wildcat Committed Player

+100
    • Like x 1
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

We already HAVE the Question's Face Mask, it's the Investigator's Mask Face Style!

Here it is with the Silver Material applied to it (I was trying to see if I could use it to recreate the classic Cobra Viper Helmet, but it doesn't work well for that, due to the visible eye socket and nose shapes sculpted into it.)

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  15. the solowing Steadfast Player

Is eye liner possible?
  16. Megzilla Developer

It should be. I really want makeup like Black Canary.
    • Like x 6
  17. Proxystar #Perception

The Barbarian Skin Makeup is already set to the Makeup channel and can be color changed, the tattooed skin, however can not.
    • Like x 1
  18. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'd love to see channels assigned for eyeshadow, blush, lipstick and eyeliner. Ideally a seperate 4 colour swatches in the UI dedicated for "makeup/tattoos". Asking for too much :D?
  19. Megzilla Developer

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  20. Apollonia Dedicated Player

[IMG]