Bye Bye Artifacts

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Currently the game difficulty gap is increasing an exponential rate mostly duo to artifacts and its hurting badly the quality of the game. Elites raids are been beaten like cake walls by everyone with 200 rank artifacts, heck guys with 200 rank artifacts sometimes don't even need to do mechanics, just to show how big the disparity between someone with 200 level arti vs someone with 160.
    On top of that we have op items that just increase this disparity even further. Both the artifacts and current op system are flawed, they don't portrait skill based gameplay, but instead cash grabbing and repetitive boring gameplay that everyone is bored off.

I'm apologist of artifacts and what they bring to the table by allowing diversity in playstyles, however is unacceptable that this said artifacts are straight pay 2 win, other games apply the same system and they use fail-safe mechanics... (Increasing the breakthrough chance after each failed attempt to a certain extent seems more than fair)

In regards of the current elite state, Im positive to say that the current changes are not working. Its not by only have 1 raid that you can make it into the best elite raid. The current problem relies elsewhere and I only see 2 possible solutions:
    • Completely remove additional stats provided by artifacts (heath, dom, etc.)
    • Exponential increase the cr of elite opponents as previously done on AF2 elite raids
    The current renown based system is ok, but the lesser version of elite gear(weapons, rings...) should be awarded as excellence as random drops of elite raids.

The current op system is more then ever working in the right direction, I really enjoyed it to be a work in progress instead of waste of inventory space. However, it needs a lot of work and an elite upgrade for those with the guts and time to evolve while facing the hardest challenges either by grind, completion of hard feats or by killing special bosses like we had on USE/JFAE. Unhuman repeatability should only be a most for all those completionist out there in DCUO.

We don't need mindless grind that last for 4 months, what we need engaging challenges that occupy our time for 4 months.
    • Like x 3
  2. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

The short version:
    1) Thinks arts are broken (the content is scaled to accommodate) but believes that taking stats off arts wont prompt adjustments to content to accommodate........ RIP
    2) agrees with direction of OP items based on this 1st try at new system....... it is the rite step and a better system BUT i would hardly consider 1 deviation from the norm a “direction”.
    3) couldnt quite cypher your quam with elite content. To me they Seem to favor mechanics and skill to me. Im a solid player and am fairly adept BUT struggle in elite because of mechanics im unaware of and for whatever the reasons, “elite players” cant be bothered to explain them so i bypass elite all together mostly an go back an get feats later........ i dont see the issue except that when you join your expected to already know yet no one will explain it so u cant already know.
    • Like x 1
  3. C3alix Committed Player

Please tell me which elite raids were cakewalks when they came out when players had level 200 artifacts.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cajaritotutututu Well-Known Player

On my perspective, normal raids are always a cake walk, but elite ones? No man, not even with 200 arts and 23 augments sometimes (or maybe im just a newbie...who knows).
    But indeed there is a high gap between 160 arts and 200 arts, for example with the current meta.
    grim/amulet/solar + strat card + trans card, i noticed a huge dmg increase when i reached 200 with both cards, and for example the grim with gives u a 5% might on 200 vs a 4% might on 160/180, wich is noticable.
    • Like x 1
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

All I'm going to say is not everyone has rank 200 artifacts and further more rank 200 is max and folks want the most benefits from a rank 200 but again not everyone has rank 200s .

They should stay exactly as they are and I'm sure they will. Rank 200 you will be a beast because that's the design behind them it's just that simple they are not broken that is the max rank and the max benefit.
    • Like x 1
  6. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I would say all of them lol. Last wonderverse episode wasn't quite a "cake walk", but I think its difficulty came more from being broken than any mechanic on its own. It hasn't been a secret that elite raids really haven't been "elite" for sometime now.