Quarks Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by spikeat, Nov 10, 2020.

1. spikeat Well-Known Player

Is there a specific time capsule that gives larger amount of quarks as an option or are they all the same? I remember seeing 30 Quarks sometimes but I can't recall.
  2. BumblingB I got better.

It's random with how many quarks you get from opening a time capsule. I've actually gotten 100 before. Usually I get 10.
  3. myandria Item Storage

I believe the 30 quarks drop is one of the rare drops you can get from any time capsule you open. My luck has always been to choose between the 30 quarks, a piece of gear that I need, or an ultra rare collection piece that I do not own when the RNG Spirits tease me with a 30 quarks drop.
  4. Batman2099earthcold Committed Player

5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The amount of Quarks you get from Time Capsules varies from capsule to capsule. The bare minimum is 10 and the max I believe is 104. Now, each capsule varies from what average you're likely to see. The problem is that no one has compiled a list of which particular capsules tend to be on the more generous side. The best I can suggest is you take a small sampling (5-6) random capsules and see what's what.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

One time I got 100+ as a loot option, it was gold. It felt like winning the lottery.
  7. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

When new tc coming?
  8. spikeat Well-Known Player

Either this or next week
  9. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

this is why i cant return to dcuo, the monitization has just gotten way out of control an people just keep droping hundreds an hundreds an some even thousands on these things, i will never understand why people want to just throw their money away this badly, this is seriously hurting the game i use to love.

I try to look past it but I cant an many of the friends who I got to try the game also quit because the insane cash grab this game has become

I guess now is still not the time to return to the game i loved for so many years, if they ever make the game consumer friendly i might actually return an so would many others, but people buying these things in bulk are not helping
  10. spikeat Well-Known Player

Whoever said I spent any money? o_O I just have about 50 Stabilizers saved up from running the duo daily.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

What you spend is up to you. Personally I'm sitting on 430+ UNLOCKED TCs from the last 3 mega caps because I save my stabilizers and only open megas. I haven't opened many of them, basically because I don't have the time or inventory to spare. Now, I'd guess some of the stabilizers I used were purchased...maybe 20-30 bucks worth when they had a good sale, but I'm sure it was nowhere near $100 as (outside my membership) I only spent the $100 on the last 15K MP cash bundle...and still have some change left. BTW...except the Neon, I have everything(feat related) from every TC so far, so it's doable.

Spending money on gamble boxes is a choice, and although I'm not a fan of the TC system, I also know when to avoid spending money on it.
    • Like x 1
  12. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

im not sayin u specifically did purchase any, i mean in general, im sayin that regardless if you buy it or not its still a gambling system for the best stuff

it is a choice, an i have chosen to not support a game with agressive MTX until they decide to tone it down, the TC are extremely bad imo, there's a marketplace that they refuse to use, an while you and me an some can choose not to buy it, its already been proven that people with gambling addiction cant just turn it off, an that is 1 thing i loathe, i hate when someone takes advantage of others for their own personal gain, beyond the gambling is the artifact system, its a complete cash grab too, that should be changed to either you grind the required breakthrough materials an get a 100% chance or you can bypass it with buying the seals. it should not be both

Like I said I really do love this game but I cant deal with how overly monetized it has become over these recent years, i know they have to make money don't get me wrong, but doing it this way is not how it should have been done.