Test Server

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by orioles5, Nov 6, 2020.

1. orioles5 Level 30

When is the test server coming back up???

Orioles5
  2. Eve YouTuber

When there is something new to test.
    • Like x 1
  3. orioles5 Level 30

It said that it was just going through a bit a maintenance yesterday and only down for a few hours. It used to be up all the time except for when the techs were putting up something new or doing maintenance.

Orioles5
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Maybe try playing on the live server instead of living off the test server.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I don't understand why people want to play on test. There is no guarantee that it will always be up, your characters wont get wiped, and live now has open episodes.

There is no reason, unless all you like to do is buy the most expensive gear and do nothing.
  6. StealthBlue Loyal Player

It will probably come back up by the 20th, if not earlier. At some point the winter seasonal will go on test, and that would give about a week of testing (seasonals don't really need that much testing). It's possible it could come back up earlier, with or without the seasonal. Though if it comes back up without it, test will be back down for an update before too long.

That being said, I agree there isn't a good reason for test to be up at the moment. The are some things you can easily do on test (looking at new rotations/power sets/artifact combinations), but that should be done at this point (at least temporarily) since last week was the time to change things up with the artifact xp bonus.
    • Like x 1
  7. orioles5 Level 30

For one thing, I've been away from this game for at least a year due to several medical problems I now have and I don't have any idea about several of these missions BECAUSE I wasn't on when the test game was up to check each of them out like the birds, metal, etc. It's nice to do anything ya want and then come back and let other people have it then. This game IS NOT life or death for me...in the grand scheme of things IT'S NOTHIN'!!!

Orioles5
  8. Apollonia Dedicated Player

A lot of people use it to test builds and artifacts etc outside of normal testing requests. That's what I've been doing. Since I was away when a lot of the new systems came out, the test server gives me a chance to try artifacts etc before committing to them and figuring out new systems without messing up my live characters.
    • Like x 1
  9. Eve YouTuber

That's fine. I think they refer to players who ONLY play on test and don't ever play on the live server.
    • Like x 2
  10. BumblingB I got better.

That's the thing, we have open episodes now. Level on live. It's pretty much free, aside from the most recent DLC.

I use it for testing too, but I don't use it for the sole purpose of playing on there. Which is an issue overall. It's makes it difficult to test, when players are treating it as live with a free skip to max token. Don't invest so much time with something that is not guaranteed to be there.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know if it is reserved for subscribers, but if so, the server should be open all the time, I went back to the game, I wanted to test powers with this or that artefacts, and well after this closing, it's impossible for me...
    • Like x 1
  12. james kal New Player

it's his money I wish I had known about it. I could have tested out a few thing . plus I get on it when the server goes down
  13. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

A test server is supposed to give an idea of what a power can give once it has been fully optimised, or even to try one or more new powers if one wishes to change power, unfortunately DCUO, does not wish to let its subscribers take advantage of the test server.

32 go to install on a hard disk, but finally for nothing thank you Daybreak...

Please let us test it !!
  14. Eve YouTuber

Not really. Unless the devs are working on powers and asking for feedback, then no. It never intended to be a "Try out for powersets", even though they currently don't have a issue with that. But that's not what test server is for. It has nothing to do with being a subscriber.
    There is nothing to test at the moment, and it will open once there is and they are ready for feedback.
  15. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Server open at last, we will be able to test! :p

"It was about time!" (#lord Beckett reference in pirate of the caribbean :D)