Lex Tower and Canary Cry Resonance Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Photonaxan, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Photonaxan New Player

I did Lex Tower solo instance like 5 or 6 times now (maybe more) and have not gotten any Canary Cry Resonance Catalysts. What is the drop rate suppose to be? Can you check to see there isn't some bug preventing it from dropping?

Can you list the drop rate chances.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

Five or six times...oh sweet, summer child...
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's rare. The catalysts that drop from duo/alerts are always rare.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

There's been stretches where I've went 7-10 days without a canary drop. Then there's also been numerous times I've gotten drops for days in a row, and even multiple drops in a single run. RNG gonna RNG
  5. Brit Loyal Player

The drop rate is about 1 out of 50 runs.

Basically, it's so absurd that by the time you can farm enough, the item will no longer be an upgrade.
    • Like x 2
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I have ran the alert And solo daily, raids (mostly elite version) Weekly and reset the raid numerous times Till new doc dropped and currently have a total of 40 canary cries.
    A few were gifts from ppl for helping them do their raids an feats while i was loot locked too.
    Drop rate is atrocious.
    By the time i get enough it will be 4 months from now an the legs wont be worth equipping.

Same answer on new content. I have about 7 Steel an 12 seeds. Reset raids numerous times etc, never miss a solo or alert etc. its just horrible. At current rate i may get the head just in time to replace it smh.

And the prices ppl ask on broker are pure insanity.
  7. EP Ice Loyal Player

Exactly!! Unless, you are willing to spend hundreds of millions to get what you need.
  8. inferno Loyal Player

I used to get 5 or 6 out of 30 runs. I tried it recently for a leaguemate and barely got 4 out of 40 runs.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you want op pieces, you have to run multiple toons. That's all there is to it. I do 2 at end game, friends do up to 4. They got the head before me by a week or so and I had to buy some sparks to finish it last weekend. Same story every dlc. Starting on a 3rd toon, that should make it take 30 days to get with minimum replay badges.
    But now is the time to spam that solo, have your head augs up to get extra coins. It's cheaper and faster to reset that over the raid but you'll still need sparks
  10. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

I was getting 1 canary every 2 runs or so, but RNG started to F me up, same for new genesis seed, I'm now like 7 runs in a row without a seed.
  11. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I run the solo on two toons just about every day and the alert sparingly here and there. I tend to get one a day-ish or about 5-6 a week. Maybe I’m just lucky though but that rate has been fairly consistent save for a couple dry spells.
  12. Miss Adora Loyal Player

The drop rate always been terrible in both the alert and solo. Yet some how I managed to get the op legs on 4 characters. But it is really bad. could go days without getting a single one and sometimes get lucky and get 2 in the alert. Sadly never had the stars align and gotten 5 canary renosance, 1 from each boss in the alert and solo.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I still say there is some algorithm involved that somehow can figure out your 'need' for it and it automatically adjusts the % lower. Either by seeing your CR is high enough that the item you are farming for won't help, or that the feat is completed on that toon or something. I've been running the duo for Monitor energies on a few Premiums that now can get in with open eps(just to get the feat done) and out of about 20 runs I've gotten 1. I know when I was running my main legendary toons through it when I was farming for myself and the DLC was current, I'd get 1 every 3rd or 4th run from one of the 3 drops, so 1 in 9 or 12 loots.....vs 1 in 60 now. I was going to cry 'Premium discrimination' but I didn't do any better running it on my member account now.

Canary Crys I was getting and still get every 4th or 5th run, so 1 out of 8 or 10 loots.
  14. MidLifeCrysis41 Well-Known Player

Worst thing you can do is run for anything important during a x2 week/end. I’m sure it would be denied! But before the current x2 splinter week - I was getting around one new gem seed per day. I ran it some 16 times in a row yesterday - 2 drops! Two drops lol! Save your replays (if you’re using them) for something worthwhile.
  15. LyddieOG New Player

As DLCS's get older, should the catalyst drop rates be increased?

Thinking about returning/new players and alts, it would be nice to get the older op items faster. I don't mind running the content on the daily, like I have for BoP (since I returned in Aug).. But it does begin to feel stale at 3 months running it almost everyday.
    • Like x 1
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

I'd say about 1 in 15. The alert is more reliable but also a lot longer.
  17. tukuan Devoted Player

100%

The augment catalysts eventually were added to the brokers for source but I'd like the same for the OP gear catalysts. If you missed your windows it's crazy to have to spend more than a billion when all is said and done for mats that you can no longer effectively grind out.
  18. tukuan Devoted Player

Gotta say I think you're just lucky or I'm super unlucky. On the bonus weekend I ran the solo at least 20 times and go 2 drops total. Usually I run it on my main about 5 times a week and in a good week I get one. Mostly I've been buying them at 5-6m a pop on the broker.
  19. BitGam4r Well-Known Player

Some days have better drop rates than others.
  20. Jaelia Committed Player

I feel you on this one when the DLC dropped I feel like the drop rate was way better because my main got the OP piece pretty fast and it feels like it’s taking forever for my Other toon to get it.